The Student Room Group

Anyone else find Corbyn hilarious?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i feel like his unorthodox approach to the media (and life in general) prevents him from getting the credit he deserves
Reply 41
Original post by The Sexathlete
If you don't think Blair was a capitalist you're a fool.
Blair may very well have been a Capitalist but he was the leader with Broon as Chancellor. A Chancellor with loose purse strings.
Original post by viffer
Blair may very well have been a Capitalist but he was the leader with Broon as Chancellor. A Chancellor with loose purse strings.

Nope. From 1997 to 2007 the debt-to-GDP ratio went down (in other words, Labour was paying off Tory debt)
Original post by AlexanderHam
Nope. From 1997 to 2007 the debt-to-GDP ratio went down (in other words, Labour was paying off Tory debt)
That doesn't mean that Broon didn't have 'loose purse strings'.
there must be something about him to pull a baebe like Ms Abbott :hubba:
Original post by the bear
there must be something about him to pull a baebe like Ms Abbott :hubba:

:lol:

Have you seen the account of when he and Abbott were in a sexual relationship at the beginning of the 80s, and she'd stayed the night at his house (a bedsit in Central London), and it was early in the morning and he went out and invited a whole lot of Labour activists in for tea, even though he knew she was still in bed and naked.

They all came up to his place and walked into the room, and saw her naked and in bed. She was embarrassed and very unhappy. It seems to me that he was almost bragging, "Look at how progressive I am, I'm sleeping with a black woman". And in typical Corbyn fashion, he did it in an incredibly unpleasant way
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 46

Reaping the benefits of the previous Administration's plans coming to fruition?
Original post by viffer
Reaping the benefits of the previous Administration's plans coming to fruition?

Not really. Labour managed to pay off Tory debt and bring down the debt-to-GDP ratio while implementing a huge investment programme for schools and hospitals, many of which hadn't even seen a lick of paint for decades.

The Labour government managed the economy well, bringing in a time of unparalleled prosperity. Ask anyone who was around during those years; they will tell you it was a great time to live in this country.

Then the financial crisis hit as a result of the unfortunate greed of American banks and the subprime crisis, but even so Labour kept the economy afloat. When Labour left office in 2010, the country had been through a rough period but the economy was growing at a healthy clip.

Then the Tories came in with all this unnecessary (and given their complete failure to cut the debt quickly, dishonest) rhetoric about austerity, and the economy tanked, either contracting or suffering close to zero growth in many quarters.
Original post by Bloom77
I think it probably was overcrowded, but as people got off at different stops, that's when it became more available?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first stop after London was about ninety minutes away - he got his seat after forty minutes.
:lol:

Have you seen the account of when he and Abbott were in a sexual relationship at the beginning of the 80s, and she'd stayed the night at his house (a bedsit in Central London), and it was early in the morning and he went out and invited a whole lot of Labour activists in for tea, even though he knew she was still in bed and naked.

They all came up to his place and walked into the room, and saw her naked and in bed. She was embarrassed and very unhappy. It seems to me that he was almost bragging, "Look at how progressive I am, I'm sleeping with a black woman". And in typical Corbyn fashion, he did it in an incredibly unpleasant way

Omg did this actually happen? I'm actually laughing too much picturing this. Classic Corbyn right there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending