Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have been personally abused and vctimised by edexcel Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amylaraman)
    That's what it said on your petition?
    MY PETITION EXCUSE ME???!?!?.I'm not the one posting a link.
    I did not and will not make a petition for boundaries and results that have already been determined and the likelihood of it changing being slim to none.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsiyaAden9879)
    MY PETITION EXCUSE ME???!?!?.I'm not the one posting a link.
    I did not and will not make a petition for boundaries and results that have already been determined and the likelihood of it changing being slim to none.
    Lol okay my mistake! However how can you correlate you doing crap in an exam to you being personally victamised and abused by an exam board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amylaraman)
    Lol okay my mistake! However how can you correlate you doing crap in an exam to you being personally victamised and abused by an exam board?
    Firstly i didn't do crap. Secondly it just feels like previsous much easier years the boundaries have not exceeded 164 or 165. So in a slightly harder year for the grade boundaries to be so record breakingly high makes me feel that way. Especially if your 2 marks away and edexcel deems you unworthy of getting an a*.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly i didn't do crap. Secondly it just feels like previsous much easier years the boundaries have not exceeded 164 or 165. So in a slightly harder year for the grade boundaries to be so record breakingly high makes me feel that way. Especially if your 2 marks away and edexcel deems you unworthy of getting an a*.
    Then why are you so worried? If you got an A you should be proud of yourself. The exam could have been a little bit easier maybe than previous years. yeah it sucks getting below the grade you wanted. I get it.

ReputationRep:
    You think this is high?

Edexcel A-level maths C4 was 70/75 for an A* and 65/75 for an A.

I got 62 which would usually be an A, but nope 🙃

ReputationRep:
    People acting as if these grade boundaries aren't significant are wrong. I counted 132 marks on both papers which would usually be an A but I feel like now I have no chance. I NEED an A to do Economics at sixth form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Think you could start with looking up the words 'abused', 'victimised', and 'personally'. 🙄

ReputationRep:
    I admit the grade boundaries are high this year, but the paper was far easier than the one i sat for my GCSE last year and so you really should of expected pretty high boundaries and an A is still a really good grade.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I looked at the GCSE paper this year and it looked like a piece of piss compared to the one I had to do. That's why the grade boundaries are higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Boundaries are scaled depending on how people did that year...
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Blobar)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4274944

Proceed to winge more on there please.
    No thanks this is my personal thread, don't like it gtfo.
    It is fine for people to start their own threads But let's keep it friendly gang - sorry to hear you feel like this Blobar

ReputationRep:
    The second exam (calc) was surprisingly easier than the first one- there were some really dodgy questions on the first one but the second one was alright... Looks like ppl overall did better than I actually thought

ReputationRep:
    Students reaction influence the grade boundaries aswell. I'm not saying that this year was significantly harder but nonetheless it was harder.This is coming from someone who sat both papers in the span of a week.
    No they really don't and honestly no it wasn't. Students always feel their exam is the hardest it's ever been. Look at yours outside exam conditions and it really isn't one of the hardest exams they have set. This year was easier than last year. Grade boundaries are set following a careful analysis of results, there must be very large numbers of students getting very high marks for the boundaries to emerge so high. You have made great improvement following really hard work, be satisfied and celebrate your accomplishment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Maybe if you spent as much time as you do creating threads like this one, on actual revision, you wouldn't need to make a thread like this... :hmmm:
    Firstly, if you read the thread you'd know i did do actual revision and this is my first ever thread so you're point is entirely irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    its not that deep.

ReputationRep:
    They are GCSEs,not candy,you have to work hard to get an A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    They are GCSEs,not candy,you have to work hard to get an A*.
    Well, not necessarily..
    But I think most people with grievances probably did work hard.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, GCSE maths. One of my very, very few successes in life. I too was bricking it all summer for an A star... made loads of mistakes in the exam which made me skeptical, and I got it

Cut to A2 levels... not so much the same, far more brutal and unforgiving I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    I understand where you're coming from, but the boundaries reflect the paper therefore higher boundaries must mean the paper was easier/ more people scored higher on it. You can't fully blame EDEXCEL if you made mistakes or other people did better so they had to higher it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakuraton)
    I feel ya completely
    Even though i got 273/300 for maths im talking about further maths 220/300😭😭😭😭😭😭

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.