Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Somebody have probably asked this before, but I just want to know, which options have more parties and which options are quieter? There are so many options I'd like to know this too :P
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by AgnesGrey1)
    Somebody have probably asked this before, but I just want to know, which options have more parties and which options are quieter? There are so many options I'd like to know this too :P
    Generally people say that the Ziggurats are the places for flat parties! However, that doesn't mean other places don't... In my flat, (ensuite) we had masses of flat parties in the first few weeks, and have much fewer now... Not sure if there are places which are necessarily 'quieter', because it'll also depend on who you're with in your flat (whether you all like having massive parties every night, or not!).

Generally though, I'd say the Zigs are the 'party flats'!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by AgnesGrey1)
    I think it's fair to say as a rule of thumb the closer you are to the centre of campus the more likely people are going to congregate at people's flats/kitchens etc before going to the LCR or activities on campus, and after such events. So I imagine the Ziggurats are likely to see more of this.

Edit: Looks like Mobbsy confirmed my thinking

ReputationRep:
    Hello there, i still don't have an accommodation offer and i applied months ago, is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tworryME)
    Hello there, i still don't have an accommodation offer and i applied months ago, is this normal?
    Yes, UEA don't give accomodation offers out until July/August time- late August if your offer is conditional

ReputationRep:
    Which halls/accommodation is best for a sociable person who wants to go out a few times a week and to host gatherings etc, is there a noticeable difference in each halls and is there one which would be best for somebody who wants to be in the centre of everything that goes on and close to the action so to speak.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by KentonW)
    Which halls/accommodation is best for a sociable person who wants to go out a few times a week and to host gatherings etc, is there a noticeable difference in each halls and is there one which would be best for somebody who wants to be in the centre of everything that goes on and close to the action so to speak.
    Generally the ziggurats are referred to as the 'party flats' more than the other accommodation options. They're very close to the centre of campus, and often people do pre and post drinks there when it's LCR nights...

That doesn't mean other places won't have flat parties of course, but perhaps slightly less so.

If you want to be in the centre of everything and close to the action, I'd recommend the ziggurats - remember the ziggurats aren't ensuite accommodation though!

ReputationRep:
    why do we have to pick seven accomodation places? its too much...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    why do we have to pick seven accomodation places? its too much...
    I think it's extremely unlikely that you'd ever be given your 7th choice, but it's just so they know as much about the order of your preference for when allocating rooms!!

ReputationRep:
    is there any sort of common room or anything like that for any of the buildings ?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Sirelis)
    is there any sort of common room or anything like that for any of the buildings ?
    I believe Crome Court has a common room kind of room, however, the other main residences like Britten etc., Ziggurats and the Village don't have a common room. They just obviously have the kitchen for your flat which is used as your 'living' area as well...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I believe Crome Court has a common room kind of room, however, the other main residences like Britten etc., Ziggurats and the Village don't have a common room. They just obviously have the kitchen for your flat which is used as your 'living' area as well...!
    Ahhh right thank you, I went to visit and didn't see any stuck between Loughborough,Surrey and UEA for firm, just weighing up little pros and cons
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Ahhh right thank you, I went to visit and didn't see any stuck between Loughborough,Surrey and UEA for firm, just weighing up little pros and cons
    Ahh fair enough! Feel free to hit me up with any questions about UEA... I had an offer from Surrey, but didn't see it, and so chose UEA - it's great

ReputationRep:
    yo bruh does rom come wiv bed k thnaks bye
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mynamshrek)
    yo bruh does rom come wiv bed k thnaks bye
    Haha, yeh, the beds come included in price :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeh, the beds come included in price :rofl:
    u lafin at me fam 1v1 me on rust

ReputationRep:
    Ahh fair enough! Feel free to hit me up with any questions about UEA... I had an offer from Surrey, but didn't see it, and so chose UEA - it's great
    Surrey was pretty nice, but it's about 40 mins away from home, bit too close! Do you mind me asking what you think the best and worst things about UEA are?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mynamshrek)
    u lafin at me fam 1v1 me on rust
    Maybe? :lol:
    Surrey was pretty nice, but it's about 40 mins away from home, bit too close! Do you mind me asking what you think the best and worst things about UEA are?
    Ahh, yeh, that'd be a big downer for me tbh... I like being far away from home!

Pros: Really nice campus, accommodation is generally quite good! The teaching for my course at least, is also very good! For me, it's far away from home which is good too! Norwich is also very nice, quite a lot to do there!

Cons: It's not close to anything, like, getting to London is a bit of a bugger because the trains are ****! I find it can get quite quiet at times... SU is relatively underfunded, and the SU shop is pretty expensive - very annoying!!

Can't think of anything else right now tbh!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe? :lol:

Ahh, yeh, that'd be a big downer for me tbh... I like being far away from home!

Pros: Really nice campus, accommodation is generally quite good! The teaching for my course at least, is also very good! For me, it's far away from home which is good too! Norwich is also very nice, quite a lot to do there!

Cons: It's not close to anything, like, getting to London is a bit of a bugger because the trains are ****! I find it can get quite quiet at times... SU is relatively underfunded, and the SU shop is pretty expensive - very annoying!!

Can't think of anything else right now tbh!
    Yeah same, otherwise my parents would be visiting non stop. What course do you do? I'm gunna do economics and the lecturers all seemed quite cool. Yeah that's annoying, it's so expensive to get to London and long! When you say it gets quiet, do you mean socially.. as in there's nothing to do and it gets boring? and what accommodation did you get, did you like it? Sorry I promise I won't ask anymore questions haha!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Yeah same, otherwise my parents would be visiting non stop. What course do you do? I'm gunna do economics and the lecturers all seemed quite cool. Yeah that's annoying, it's so expensive to get to London and long! When you say it gets quiet, do you mean socially.. as in there's nothing to do and it gets boring? and what accommodation did you get, did you like it? Sorry I promise I won't ask anymore questions haha!
    Yeh haha! I've only had one visitor since coming here, which was my mum and my brother, and that's been fine - it's not too bad for me to get home, only about 5 hours door to door, but I just don't do that too often

I do Business Finance and Economics - so majority is Economics. I find the Economics part of my course much better than part of the Business side, so in terms of that, you're in safe hands if you do come here! It's a really great course, the lecturers (especially Fabio, if you came to appl. day, you might have done Happiness Economics with him?) is really great and fun and interactive!

Yeh, if you book in advance it's not too bad, but I've had to get into london before 10am a couple of times, and that means an early start!!!

Erm, not so much quiet, I mean, LCR at least twice a week, student nights in city as well... the social life is actually really big here. I more mean that like right now, I'm in my room, and it's very quiet around me... Probably not very unusual, but I wouldn't mind a bit more activity to remind me I'm not all alone... I think that does also depend on who you are though... for me, I generally stay in my room during the day if not in lectures, so don't see that many people... obviously the SU is much busier, the library much busier... On weekends I do get quite bored though - perhaps depending on who you're friends with, it wouldn't be so boring, so that might be an experience which applies more to me than the general mass of students!

I'm in Britten House, so ensuite - really like the ensuite, would definitely recommend it if you can get it

Do please ask any other questions if you have them, you're pretty much saving me from revision for exams right now, so it's cool

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.