Should it be a girls responsibility to buy condoms? watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anna-1801)
    And if you can't see the difference between the two

- a drug prescribed by a doctor for an individual patient which affects her fertility by altering her hormones

- a piece of latex obtained OTC or free from a clinic ,worn externally for ......oh 10 minutes ..then discarded with no longer term effect

then you need to get a bit smarter before having sex
    And the pill doesn't protect against STIs either.

ReputationRep:
    It just makes sense for everyone who plans on having sex or who might have it should carry 2+ condoms each. It's not a gender issue, really and they're not hard to get hold of.

If you choose not to bother, and we're talking casual sex here, you just have to hope the person you have sex with has it sorted. If not you're either gonna lose out or do something stupid/take a risk.

I personally take it in turns with my partner to get them, though to be honest I probably get them most of the time. I see it as our responsibility as a couple and it's just a case of whoever is nearer to the shop at the time where we get them if we're running out. Neither of us want babies yet so why should either of us shirk the responsibility?

The "why should I do it" attitude is just really immature and unhelpful.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest it really isn't the question of whose responsibility it is. You can get them for free for a start from different places e.g. clinics. I think if you plan on having sex, male or female, you should carry some form of protection with you. Women can buy 'the pill' as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    yeah I think the girl should get it because they are usually the ones who want to use it if they don't have the pill or implant/patch etc. most men would not want to use one lol
    id hope most men wouyld not be so stupid as to not use one

Everyone just get the condoms doesnt matter whether male or female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Where did you explicitly say not all men. Nowhere  \Rightarrow you meant men in general. Your total disrespect is shocking.
    It was pretty clear from the context that she was referring to men who think like this.

Geez, you are going out of your way to be offended .

If you want women regard men with more respect, start by criticising men who act like jerks.

ReputationRep:
    if it's a ONS both parties should have them... if the girl just thinks 'oh the guy will have a condom" they may end up about to have sex with no condom and have to stop and tbh since the consequences are more for girls (STD and babies vs. STD) they should be doubly sure

if it's on a relationship they should take turns to get them as it's for both parties

It's not hard and doesn't require "balls" to get condoms. Many places give them out for free and both my boyfriend and I get them, though I tend to just buy them (soon to be ldr and can't get them as easily for free where I'll be) and he gets the free ones.

ReputationRep:
    Both adults. Both have responsibility.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    yeah I think the girl should get it because they are usually the ones who want to use it if they don't have the pill or implant/patch etc. most men would not want to use one lol
    Fair but does your veiw change if the girl can't take the pill/have the implant ect for health reasons?
    (there are a lot of medications that it is dangerous to take at the same time, e.g the pill and transanimic acid)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lissy14)
    Fair but does your veiw change if the girl can't take the pill/have the implant ect for health reasons?
    (there are a lot of medications that it is dangerous to take at the same time, e.g the pill and transanimic acid)
    Of course then that's fair

ReputationRep:
    Should be the woman's responsibility as she is the one who has potential to fall pregnant she should be the one preventing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE)
    Should be the woman's responsibility as she is the one who has potential to fall pregnant she should be the one preventing that.
    What's about stds too? Condoms aren't just to prevent pregnancy. You'll be the one paying child support for a kid you didn't want then. Of course men are responsible too smh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella-keturah)
    What's about stds too? Condoms aren't just to prevent pregnancy. You'll be the one paying child support for a kid you didn't want then. Of course men are responsible too smh.
    A woman has to consent to a mans knob: for a child to come to existence.

ReputationRep:
    No both should be conscious of this stuff and get condoms if need be

ReputationRep:
    Wow someone's immature and selfish aren't they!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    No both should be conscious of this stuff and get condoms if need be
    Using a condom is like masturbating but hands free with no connection.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You'd soon be whinging if she gave you an STD, wouldn't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    You'd soon be whinging if she gave you an STD, wouldn't you?
    Well if she was virgin she would give no STD.

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Using a condom is like masturbating but hands free with no connection.
    Omg call an ambulance this narcissist has felt 'obliged' to use condoms during sex with ANOTHER HUMAN BEING :rolleyes: please he neeeeeeds to get a girl pregnant and not give a ****, he neeeeeds to have only self gratification at all costs to everyone else! Otherwise his penis will drop off and he will die.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.