Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Most proud of getting an A in English Language paper because I got a C and a D in both of my mocks, but at the same time I'm annoyed that I'm 3 marks away from an A* overall.

ReputationRep:
    I got my GCSE results last year.

My A* in History <3

ReputationRep:
    Way back in 2013, I got full UMS in English Lit. I was also rather proud of my Maths as I had full UMS in the exams I'd sat in Year 11 (99 overall).

ReputationRep:
    Maths-i was predicted a C but got an A

ReputationRep:
    Proud of my English Literature-been getting Bs constantly on my past papers , but somehow managed to get A*s on both papers!!!

ReputationRep:
    got an A* and a few A's but was very happy an surprised with a B in further maths (two marks off an A though :cry2:)

ReputationRep:
    English lit i was predicting an E/G as i didnt have a clue and suffer with dyslexia only in english but i some how got an A?!?!
    I also got
    Catering A
    Business A
    Media B
    English lit A
    english lang C
    Sceince 1 C
    science 2 B
    Maths C
    RE B
    geography B

ReputationRep:
    Latin bc I spent ages revising for it even though I found it difficult and boring - think it is my most deserved A*!

ReputationRep:
    My C in cooking. Absolutely over the moon!

ReputationRep:
    I got mine last year. A in History but I was 1/2 ums off an A*.

ReputationRep:
    AQA German. Expected a maximum of an A but got 294/300 UMS and got 100% in my listening and writing. WTF.

ReputationRep:
    My A* in English Language... I dissociated through the whole exam and left the exam hall with no idea if I'd even written anything in my answer booklet!!

ReputationRep:
    I got 300/300 in AQA French, I'm so proud

ReputationRep:
    RE because I was unsure if I would get a C but I somehow came out with an A 💜😯

ReputationRep:
    did mine, sixth former, but was happy with statistics...
    A in the coursework and C in the exam so B over all
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    My A in maths... i kepy getting Bs on my mocks

ReputationRep:
    History by far. I was getting Ds consecutively all year and in the final exams I got 2 A*s amounting to 92%. I'm still in shock now. Probably dodgy marking

ReputationRep:
    Got my GCSEs last year
    Got an A in history, after getting a D in the mocks and being told by my teacher all year that i'd be 'lucky to get a c' lol

ReputationRep:
    A in maths, english language and literature.

Predicted an A in maths (I copied peoples work in class which is why I had a high prediction) But I had 0 hope in myself... In year 9 I literally did not have a maths teacher. My year 10 maths teacher didn't even know I existed. I used to get D's and scraped C's. I learnt all of my maths with my year 11 teacher. Espeically with the high grade boundaries I'm seriously happy it's the first time I've gotten over a B in maths!!!!!!!!!!!!. I should really go back and thank her for getting me so far within just a year. She has pretty much saved my life. I hope she's still around.

Predicted a C in english. I don't know how I ended up with an A especially after writing the largest amount of bullcrap I've ever read but I'm happy regardless. I wrote about a fricking boxing anime in my language paper. Maybe my examiner watched the same exact anime and gave me an A for being a fellow otaku

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    English Language and Literature since I always thought it would be impossible for me to get A*s.

Oh and French iGCSE because I cried after the Listening paper looollll
    Ay what did you get in Computing?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.