Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is the 'age' factor constantly used in favour of remain? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    I just read this comment online, it got me thinking.

I was mindlessly Liberal up until a few months ago, when I realised the entire system must be ridiculed and taken apart for real change. Now, I cringe at their idealistic rhetoric. We're raised to believe the Liberals are the progressive good guys. Western society is regressing by the day. My generation is beyond help. These recent developments are a breath of fresh air.

I myself knew absolutely sod all when I was young,I'm talking until at least 25.
    I would have voted for Blair, and Hillary Clinton, and though it was economically progressive and in favour of poor people, I would have believed the Blairite 'electability whilst still delivering real significant alternatives to the Tories for the poor' line, I would have believed the diversity line and the 'racist' smears and been unaware the flows of people were about the cynical system of wage compression, and failed to grasp the severity of the Islamic problem and how it could be used in the most cynical manifestation of the 'divide and conquer' principle, and I was convinced by Blair's war in Iraq. In short I realised what evil and sociopaths who have no compassion were on the side of 'benevolent causes' actually causing misery and fear, in many cases deliberately through the architects, and naively and unintentionally by the people taken in by opportunistic moralizing arguments and pressure to support all this. Oh how I changed. It is a horrible creed, and people's humanity is legitimately and thankfully reacting against it.

This is not a spasm of emotional stupidity from people, as is patronisingly potrayed. The erroneous argument on the side of the status quo, which I just think is more cynicism or naivety, is that people on the other side don't know what they are doing and that they could be being told white lies and that their every wish won't be fulfilled. They don't know how precious the status quo is. This is utter patronising baloney.Of course people know politicians BS, of course they know it may well not deliver everything. They also know that it has a high chance of doing more of it, via doing at least something than the status quo, which has zero chance, andthey know the people who are patronizing them have no idea how much it is worth the risk for them, massively overstated, and they also know instinctively that this is a vote with a likely precipitative effects in the future- namely, if they validate the status quo, they have won and oppression goes on, and the dissent or counter movements dies as well. If they don't validate it, the vista just opens up and they have taken a small step towards more liberty. This is what links it to history- we are in a revolutionary phase. Dismiss at your peril......
    What does any of this have to do with the age factor? What precisely is your question?

ReputationRep:
    Thousands of mostly young people marching against the democratic decision of the people in support of an unelected unaccountable German led super state to "stop fascism" ...

You could not make it up if you tried

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5zXU1bQ3tQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bISfaVkszo0

You watch read these elitepower.

Well, any enthused remainer should. It just shows you how totally cynical the project is and how ordinary people are being robbed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    That said though, young folks consistently don't vote. There are more youngsters than old dodderers. If young folks could organise themselves they could take the country by storm.
    Not true, all those stats that said young people didn't vote were shown as vote *projection* using data from the previous election. Studies showed that young people showed up voting in record numbers.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    That said though, young folks consistently don't vote. There are more youngsters than old dodderers. If young folks could organise themselves they could take the country by storm.
    So which planet are you living on if you think there are more youngsters eligible to vote than old people, let's just restrict old to over 65s, unless of course you still regard people as "young" in their thirties

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So which planet are you living on if you think there are more youngsters eligible to vote than old people, let's just restrict old to over 65s, unless of course you still regard people as "young" in their thirties

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I would put under 30's in the "young" person's category. The majority of under 30 year olds are paying into the state but not receiving much back from it. They are in good health and many do not to have children. The under 30's also have a reasonable right to feel well and truly done over by the older generation both in terms of education, work and housing.

If they could somehow be motivated to vote, they could definitely give the oldies a run for their money. But they don't (I didn't) so the older population always prevail. Just look at the triple lock pension guarantee they got whilst students see their fees go up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.