ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaredofdeath)
    We would all want to live forever.
    Do you personally want immortality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaredofdeath)
    hi.
    Something I thought about.
    If humanity will still exist in say 10,000 years and throughout all that time there will be scientific progress,
    maybe they will achieve immortality by uploading their brains or to a robotic body that will never die like our biologic one.

And maybe they will look at us dying like we look at people in the dark ages who used to die from a simple cold.

Man , I wish I was born 10,000 years from now , then I would have a chance to live forever.
    It's possible that human immortality, or at least extreme longevity, is on the horizon. We could achieve it within 100 years, or maybe even less.

So, try to keep yourself alive for as long as possible is my advice!

ReputationRep:
    or the fornuate ones not to be born as slaves. or serfs/peasants. Or dying from simple cuts, or the Plague, or having to deal with Norse raiders, or having to hunt deer or gather berries from the forest to survive.

Like I bet some person who lived in Nigeria like 250 years ago and was sold and taken as a slave would enjoy your position, OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernie2016)
    Why are people saying immortality is impossible? The brain is just a computer that isn't made of silicon. Stop and think how far we have come in the last hundred years and imagine the wonders we could achieve in another hundred, technology builds upon itself.
    The brain is far from a computer. The idea of 'uploading' consciousness is Incoherent. Unfortunately, its commonly held to be possible due to already existing ideas, like computationalism. Which is itself Incoherent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With the current rate of pollution it's questionable if the world will make it through the next century, there are many more scientific things that say the world is falling apart. Most religions claim we're living in the last ages too, kind of fascinating how they predicted the world 1000-2000 years ago

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.