Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When will people understand? You get fat because you don't do cardiovascular exercise. A few lazy press-ups isn't going to change this.

You need to go running. Often. That'll solve all your problems and I promise that after a time you'll actually start to enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immortal)
    Eat 5 small balanced meals per day - eating little and often keeps up metabolism.
    Get regular exercise (both for cardio and muscular).
    Drink 2l of water - caffinated drinks/fizzy drinks are a no-go
    Lay off the chocs

http://freewebs.com/ibdotnet/flabattack.zip <--this is 3 or 4 pages of toning exercises I scanned in.

Good luck!
    Caffeine aids fat loss..

ReputationRep:
    Caffeine is **** and I cannot believe that so many people take large amounts of it every single day (Coke, Coffee, Lucozade, Boost bars...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypnos)
    Caffeine is **** and I cannot believe that so many people take large amounts of it every single day (Coke, Coffee, Lucozade, Boost bars...)
    Whys that then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prada_princess)
    I think i've posted something like this before but anyways, can any of you guys tell me if it is possible for me to tone up in 8 weeks. I desperately wanna tone my tummy and thighs. Currently, my waist is 25 inches so im not exactly fat...just really podgy, if you get me. I just wanna tighten up my tummy muscles mainly but i dont wanna set myself an impossible task by tryna achieve this in 2 months if it wont happen - as i know this can take time. So, do any of you think this can be done in two months, i plan to jog every day and do ab exercises like reverse curls etc every other day.
    Thanks x
    No probs at all, just do some hard training... it will hurt but will work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prada_princess)
    I think i've posted something like this before but anyways, can any of you guys tell me if it is possible for me to tone up in 8 weeks. I desperately wanna tone my tummy and thighs. Currently, my waist is 25 inches so im not exactly fat...just really podgy, if you get me. I just wanna tighten up my tummy muscles mainly but i dont wanna set myself an impossible task by tryna achieve this in 2 months if it wont happen - as i know this can take time. So, do any of you think this can be done in two months, i plan to jog every day and do ab exercises like reverse curls etc every other day.
    Thanks x

I like to keep my waist trim, so I do 25 sit ups everyday, Ive been doing it for about 2 years, and its kept me from having any excessive bulge and has toned down my stomach loads. Toning your stomach, is good for girls and for childbirth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    I like to keep my waist trim, so I do 25 sit ups everyday, Ive been doing it for about 2 years, and its kept me from having any excessive bulge and has toned down my stomach loads. Toning your stomach, is good for girls and for childbirth.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    lol

why the laughter?

ReputationRep:
    why the laughter?
    You saying that 25 situps a day keeps you trim and your stomach muscles 'toned'

Sorry couldnt help it

ReputationRep:

Sorry couldnt help it
    Could if they were crunches with extra weight

ReputationRep:

Sorry couldnt help it

someone told me on here that if you do more than 30, you can rip your stomach muscles, thats why I dont do more than 25 or 30. Ok darling.

ReputationRep:
    someone told me on here that if you do more than 30, you can rip your stomach muscles, thats why I dont do more than 25 or 30. Ok darling.
    Woah, that comment, jesus, who told you that?

Firstly, itll depend on the person, secondly, doing 1 will rip stomach muscles, thats the whole point..

You realise to put on extra muscle you have to rip the old ones to shred? This way your body thinks 'bloody hell, dont want this to happen again, better put on some more muscle so it doesnt happen again!'

Doing the same amount everyday will do pretty much nothing for you..

ReputationRep:
    Woah, that comment, jesus, who told you that?

Firstly, itll depend on the person, secondly, doing 1 will rip stomach muscles, thats the whole point..

You realise to put on extra muscle you have to rip the old ones to shred? This way your body thinks 'bloody hell, dont want this to happen again, better put on some more muscle so it doesnt happen again!'

Doing the same amount everyday will do pretty much nothing for you..

ok then, you sound like the expert.

ReputationRep:
    ok then, you sound like the expert.
    Yes, training should be progressive.

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.