Damn, I think that emoticon should be removed :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    It's not my fault I'm brown, I didn't choose to be.
    Damn, I didn't choose to be white, wanna switch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    Ah ze old skin swap, I'll fetch the scalpel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    haha :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    I'm Indian-British and get a lot of racism in my area, comprising of predominantly white people.

I live life as a white person. I am also atheist. My parents, brother and sister are also in the same boat.

How can I approach racism towards me? It's not my fault I'm brown, I didn't choose to be.
    I get what you mean. I was born in Britain but my ethnicity is mostly south east Asian. I'm very British cultured but people tend to jump to conclusions based on my appearance and I've experienced a lot of subtle racism throughout my life.

Also, just last week, a salesperson stopped me as I was shopping in my town centre and asked me where I'm from. When I replied, saying the name of the town, he asked me the exact same question again and again as if I wasn't answering him properly. He asked me the same question three times in a row because I wasn't giving him the answer he expected! Then he finally said, "oh.. no china?" (I've never even been to China and neither have my parents!) Some people are so ignorant that they can't even comprehend the fact that it is possible for a non-white person to be born in a predominantly white country....

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.