Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by FailedMyMocks
Maths W/Finance or Computer Sci..

:biggrin:

cool
Original post by p29
cool

Anyway, Stay on top of your chemistry. It was the hardest A level I did and I even took Further Maths...

Good Luck!
Reply 42
Original post by FailedMyMocks
Anyway, Stay on top of your chemistry. It was the hardest A level I did and I even took Further Maths...

Good Luck!

im taking further maths aswell, fml
Original post by p29
im taking further maths aswell, fml

Woo!

:clap2:

This is all about moles, molar mass and mass of element. Something like that lool, just revise that!
Original post by 1010marina
Kind of, but backwards:

All the mass numbers on the periodic table are in relation to carbon 12. They're all relative numbers, which means, they're unitless - if carbon 12 weighs 12 x (x could be grams, kilograms, etc.) then your hydrogen atom will weigh only 1 x. It's a relationship.

Avogadros number makes calculations using this fact easier. We measure in grams so we need a way of finding out how much 'stuff' is in a gram.

By relation do you mean ratios?
A mole is literally a unit of measurement, like a kilogram or a metre.

One mole of any element compound or substance always has a specific number of those particles. That specific number is a constant known as avogadros constant. 6.022 x 10 23

A mole can have a different mass dependent on the element. Since relative atomic mass is the average weighted mass of a substance relative to 1/12 of the mass of carbon-12, a mole of carbon 12 weighs exactly 12 g and so we can deduce that the mass of a mole of a substance is round about the same number of grams as its relative molecular mass.

Quick Reply

Latest