Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

engineers > scientists > doctors > lawyers > everyone else watch

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could say that was true xD But I would totally disagree, where would we be without doctors?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awesomebrah)
    a doctor, but who made the machines to keep me on life support? you're welcome.
    But who delivered you when you were born so you could even make machines?
    Np

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bioluminescence1)
    I wish I could say that was true xD But I would totally disagree, where would we be without doctors?!
    I've never visited my GP or doctor in my 18 years of life so i reckon they're unnecessary. Besides, doctors just practice the science without the scientists it doesn't exist. (and all science is applied maths so maths wins ofc)

(Original post by Lemauricien)
    But who delivered you when you were born so you could even make machines?
    Np
    A midwife who more than likely didn't have a formal degree or higher education. Not a doctor that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marked Target)
    I've never visited my GP or doctor in my 18 years of life so i reckon they're unnecessary. Besides, doctors just practice the science without the scientists it doesn't exist. (and all science is applied maths so maths wins ofc)

A midwife who more than likely didn't have a formal degree or higher education. Not a doctor that's for sure.
    That means that people who class as 'everyone else' is above engineers then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemauricien)
    That means that people who class as 'everyone else' is above engineers then
    Only if you think those who deliver children should be put at the top. Some people have unassisted births so where does that leave us?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    shove your pretentious **** aside, we live in like an ant society ok, everyone is important, we all need and want a bit of this and that, thats where certain people come and provide us it. im sure any engineer reading this sorry-ass-licking-thread they'd die from shame of having such stuck up admirers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kozmo)
    Because so many forms of engineering would exist without Maths and Physics!
    Yeah, scientists have should be first, then everyone else. Also where the f*ck are soldiers on this list?

ReputationRep:
    Only if you think those who deliver children should be put at the top. Some people have unassisted births so where does that leave us?
    Then those people are everyone else too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i TOTALLY AGREE

ReputationRep:
    I know I'd rather do medicine (dentistry 2nd) than any other listed career and that's what matters to me.

For some reason, it's usually the engineering crowd that chats **** online. Nobody else feels the need to do so.

ReputationRep:
    Tyvm for sharing this great joke. I was wondering whether TSR lacked humour but youve definitely proved me wrong with this lovely joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has their place in society, sure, but it's true that without engineers the world wouldn't function properly at all. The most crucial elements of a society are farmers and engineers.

ReputationRep:
    Without medical science most of us would have died as young children and wouldn't be having this conversation.

My list:
    1)Students
    2)Students
    3)Students
    4)Students
    5)Students
    Spoiler:
    Show
    100)Students

100,000,000)Teachers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Yeah, scientists have should be first, then everyone else. Also where the f*ck are soldiers on this list?
    Murderers don't deserve a place on the list

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awesomebrah)
    i earn 80k per year.
    ha ha ha ha ha ha

ReputationRep:
    scientists>engineers
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Scientists hypothesize how the world works and then test to see if their hypotheses are correct. Engineers use duct tape when their designs aren't going well .

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I feel kind of stupid writing, lawyer here because everyone is debating on doctors or engineers or dentist but I like lawyers the most. Maybe its because of the fact their jobs do not have a large amount of maths involved. :/

ReputationRep:
    All STEM subjects are important and they all have thier own roles what is the point in arguing about them. If anyone of these professions went missing think about how much of a setback it will be

ReputationRep:

You've mentioned that you never needed a doctor. But what about others who have had accidents, face critical illnesses etc ? Are doctors really 'unnecessary' ?

For delivery, it depends. If it is a caesarean section it would obviously be done by doctors and plus even in a normal delivery, if something goes wrong eventually the midwife will end up calling the doctor.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.