Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BR1999)
    Tbh it just makes me want to prove them wrong
    Yeh it did that but at the same time it's really really knocked my confidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurab21)
    Yeh it did that but at the same time it's really really knocked my confidence
    I'm sure you'll get it back, and at the end of the day you're obviously intelligent if your even considering applying to Cambridge :console:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll get it back, and at the end of the day you're obviously intelligent if your even considering applying to Cambridge :console:
    I'm not too sure... and I know I could get into to Cambridge if I really tried but I just can't do the exams, it's so frustrating

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure... and I know I could get into to Cambridge if I really tried but I just can't do the exams, it's so frustrating
    I'm in a lucky position, because two of my subjects are linear, so the A* boundary should be quite low next year. What subjects are you doing at A2 and have you had a look at the cambridge law admissions test yet?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a lucky position, because two of my subjects are linear, so the A* boundary should be quite low next year. What subjects are you doing at A2 and have you had a look at the cambridge law admissions test yet?
    I'm doing history, Law and English Literature and yeh I still need to sort that out, I'm too scared to sort out universities atm, it's so stressful

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing history, Law and English Literature and yeh I still need to sort that out, I'm too scared to sort out universities atm, it's so stressful
    Wow, those subjects are so difficult , I'm doing business, economics and law. You've got like 6 weeks before the cambridge deadline, so you've got plenty of time to pick yourself up and I'm sure you'll be okay when you get back to college. :creep::yep:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, those subjects are so difficult , I'm doing business, economics and law. You've got like 6 weeks before the cambridge deadline, so you've got plenty of time to pick yourself up and I'm sure you'll be okay when you get back to college. :creep::yep:
    Yeh, i took maths last year as well, which I ended up failing because the exam board ****ed us over again:') yeh, I'm gonna get coursework finished and then sort it out hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, i took maths last year as well, which I ended up failing because the exam board ****ed us over again:' yeh, I'm gonna get coursework finished and then sort it out hopefully!
    I took maths (OCR ) last year and got a C, i walked out all of the exams early because i didn't understand anything on the paper , and good luck with your Cambridge application, it looks like we'll be competing for that law place

ReputationRep:
    I took maths (OCR ) last year and got a C, i walked out all of the exams early because i didn't understand anything on the paper , and good luck with your Cambridge application, it looks like we'll be competing for that law place
    Ah, I did Edexcel which was horrendous, I can't blame you for walking out early tbh:') thanks, you too, and if we both get in then we both know someone on the same course

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I did Edexcel which was horrendous, I can't blame you for walking out early tbh:' thanks, you too, and if we both get in then we both know someone on the same course
    I know i hope so , i don't know anyone else applying to Cambridge, never mind a law course What are your university choices?

ReputationRep:
    I know i hope so , i don't know anyone else applying to Cambridge, never mind a law course What are your university choices?
    same! I don't either and I still don't know yet. what about you?

ReputationRep:
    same! I don't either and I still don't know yet. what about you?
    High Risk - Cambridge and Warrick (Both A*AA)
    Medium Risk - Lancaster and Manchester (Both AAA)
    Low Risk - University of Law (BBB)
    :yay:But it might change though, but I'm applying to most of them.

ReputationRep:
    High Risk - Cambridge and Warrick (Both A*AA)
    Medium Risk - Lancaster and Manchester (Both AAA)
    Low Risk - University of Law (BBB)
    :yay:But it might change though, but I'm applying to most of them.
    Yeh, I'm 100% applying for Cambridge and University of Law. I was also considering Harvard?! I need to go to some open days tbh:fisheye:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I'm 100% applying for Cambridge and University of Law. I was also considering Harvard?! I need to go to some open days tbh:fisheye:
    Again your like the only one i know whose probably even heard of the university of law . But god Harvard, it's going to be difficult enough moving around the country, but emigrating, i just couldn't do it. What do you need to get into harvard?

ReputationRep:
    Again your like the only one i know whose probably even heard of the university of law . But god Harvard, it's going to be difficult enough moving around the country, but emigrating, i just couldn't do it. What do you need to get into harvard?
    haha,yeh same with you tbh:') well due to the forum topic, it should be pretty easy to emigrate and I'm not actually too sure, they don't look for specific grades, obviously you have to have high grades, but they're more interested in you as a person which I quite like about it

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it :L

ReputationRep:
    haha,yeh same with you tbh:' well due to the forum topic, it should be pretty easy to emigrate and I'm not actually too sure, they don't look for specific grades, obviously you have to have high grades, but they're more interested in you as a person which I quite like about it
    Hahahahaa :lolz:, but yeah i just had a look, they're a lot more extracurricular than academic so you may as well have a go for it

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahaa :lolz:, but yeah i just had a look, they're a lot more extracurricular than academic so you may as well have a go for it
    Yeh I don't have any other top choices atm and it looks like a great opportunity

ReputationRep:
    You're in a no-win situation. Just continue being yourself, they'll eventually have to get off their high horse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    You're in a no-win situation. Just continue being yourself, they'll eventually have to get off their high horse.
    I will do but I don't think they'll ever do that:/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.