Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it that wrong to want to be a housewife? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venetiaan)
    Are you sure that was directed towards me? Cause I agree with you.
    I've deleted that and quoted her first message. I'm sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    It's not.. I just saw that you've quoted the OP and I think that she's deleted that comment.
    Oh okay. I hadnt noticed that!

ReputationRep:
    I've deleted that and quoted her first message. I'm sorry
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'm not as PC as those above but I think there is a lot wrong with wasting your life as a meaningless housewife. This is 2016 - there are not a great deal of jobs to do around the house. This isn't the 19th century where the wife is baking bread and hand-washing clothes outside. We are living in the Internet Era and the rapid technological progression that came with it. It is wasteful and unhelpful not to try and contribute more to society than flicking on the dishwasher and dropping the kids off to school in your X3. People's aim in life ought to be contributing as much as possible to humanity and there is little excuse not to today.

Why are you even bothering to do a degree if you're so set on your future as a housewife? You won't require an education.

ReputationRep:
    No. This issue and the feminist attitude towards it is all about saying a woman must be completely free to choose that path, and not feel as thought it's one she is predestined for simply because of her gender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes as men should work, earn money and provide as men have the brains/natural ability and desire for careers and invention
    I must have missed it, but did you mention which planet you came from and in which century?
    I think you will get the life you deserve with those ideas.

I personally would not like to be a housewife, not because i don't like cooking and cleaning but because i want financial independence and not marry anyone because of the financial security they can offer me.

As for having kids, i will probably take some time off to take care of them etc but then probably resume to work.

ReputationRep:
    lmaoooo women don't have leadership qualities - ***** have you met me :lol:

also i would hate to be a housewife - like i would go insane if my brain isn't busy with some sort of regular work or study
    and if i was a dude and i had some lazy arse wife sitting at home doing jackshit while im slaving away at work i'd make my self gay

but if you want to and you found a decent man that wants you to then all's good go ahead but im just saying idgi

ReputationRep:
    in fact, no one who's rich is stupid - this is just an image they're selling. Paris Hilton is not stupid, and neither is Kim K. They're both women, they were both born rich, but the fact that they're still amassing wealth is proof that they've got brains.
    Thanks for the laugh. They know what makes money, i.e. sex tapes and reality TV, that doesn't make them intelligent. Their little handbag poodles have larger brains. If they weren't born rich and good-looking, do you actually think they'd be wealthy with just their level of intelligence to rely on? Also, meet Rich, he's 90% oil and slowly killing himself but, according to you, he's nothing but brains:

https://blog.priceplow.com/wp-conten...ana-cereal.jpg

Women have been pulling the strings behind the curtains of history ever since time immemorial. To make you understand the situation better, I'll give you an easy example. Think of Margaery Tyrell from Game of Thrones. She's just a character, but oh my!, there have been so many like her throughout the years.
    What is it with feminists and using Game of Thrones analogies? Do you realise it's fictional and that you sound completely daft trying to make a historical point by saying "because GoT"?

Personally, I think women do possess leadership qualities
    I agree of course, but your points have been terrible in trying to get to this conclusion.

(Original post by Poooky)
    What studies? Please link them.

Also I can't believe no one's called you out on your horribly sexist comments- everything we do and use is not thanks to men :/
    Never heard of Ada Lovelace, Rosalind Franklin, Marie Curie?? There are countless more who I can't remember atm
    As pointed out by others, many many women are in top jobs, our PM included. If that's not good enough for you, the current CEO of Pepsi is also a woman!

And only bringing up sons and heirs? What's wrong wth you?
    Ok I have to admit I had never heard of those women except the PM and didn't know women had done things like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macromicro)
    Thanks for the laugh. They know what makes money, i.e. sex tapes and reality TV, that doesn't make them intelligent. Their little handbag poodles have larger brains. If they weren't born rich and good-looking, do you actually think they'd be wealthy with just their level of intelligence to rely on? Also, meet Rich, he's 90% oil and slowly killing himself but, according to you, he's nothing but brains:

https://blog.priceplow.com/wp-conten...ana-cereal.jpg

What is it with feminists and using Game of Thrones analogies? Do you realise it's fictional and that you sound completely daft trying to make a historical point by saying "because GoT"?

I agree of course, but your points have been terrible in trying to get to this conclusion.

Yeah, I do think those people are smart. Not Einstein smart, but intelligent enough to know what their strengths are and take advantage of them. IDK who the guy in the pic is, though.

About the Got analogy, it was the first thing that came to mind and fictional or not, she's a good example. There were lots of women like her in history, but most of them are fairly unknown. Would Dolores Huerta or Peggy Shipmen Arnold prove my point better? Maybe, but let's face it, not everyone knows about them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I do think those people are smart. Not Einstein smart, but intelligent enough to know what their strengths are and take advantage of them. IDK who the guy in the pic is, though.
    They are the worst role models for young girls that I can possibly think of.

Peggy Shipmen Arnold
    Do you actually know what she's 'famous' for? Infamous would be more accurate.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.