Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people think people who watch anime are weird? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dom2375)
    I've got death threats for saying anime and cartoons are the same.
    Tbh u should:mmm:
    Kidding, anime are cartoons but they're nothing like western animation. Completely different art stlyes, production values, demographics, storylines etc

ReputationRep:
    My post regarding Death Note has nothing to do with this I presume? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    My post regarding Death Note has nothing to do with this I presume? :ahee:
    which post???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Kira)
    I heard season 2 sucks
    I've watched hunterxhunter haven't finished it
    Watched naruto as a kid but too much filler and unending story
    I have heard so many good things about Hunter x Hunter but i have yet to watch it.The only shounen Im watching atm is one Piece and its really good !
    I heard Naruto has too many fillers and I remember during my childhood everyone hyping it up,so I have avoided it for some reason.
    Season 2 of tokyo Ghoul is not as good as the first and they deviate from the manga.But the fight scene between Arima and the Owl is pretty good though.You should read the manga of it,Im reading the latest chapters and the twists are REALLY GOOD.

ReputationRep:
    which post???
    Nvm then

ReputationRep:
    People who watch animé aren't weird. Weeaboos who think that they're now Japanese and become obsessed with the people and think that Japan is some utopia where nothing bad happens because they watch animé are, though.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They are just jealous of our love for anime XD You are weird if you are different and dont like the usual stuff people watch on TV. So let them think we are weird they are missing out on watching amazing shows.
    Probs because of things like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.Unknow)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They are just jealous of our love for anime XD You are weird if you are different and dont like the usual stuff people watch on TV. So let them think we are weird they are missing out on watching amazing shows.
    Probs because of things like this
    What shows is this ?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kiritsugu)
    Haha, yeah I agree. Oh and I would definitely add HxH 2011 to the list. But for people that are just starting, I want to give them the very best (not saying that HxH2011 isn't part of the very best) but also something that isn't too long.
    :angelwings:
    fair enough
    EDIT: have you watched steins;gate? Definitely should at that one at least,and its shorter than death note

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting on u to pm me
    U pm me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    try watching boku no pico. its criticizes the modern interdependence between adults and young people .In it theres metaphors for how adults are still young, and how young people can be precocious. theres also allusions to Carl Jung and Freud so if you do psychology you'll love it. Think Holden-esque characters but japanese. Absolutely marvelous. Remember its called BOKU NO PICO

ReputationRep:
    Anime has spread worldwide; even better that the episodes are translated into various languages, both sub and dub for different countries. Pretty remarkable since that's not possible with western television!

Beneficial both economically and socially - something people tend to neglect. By socially I'm thinking of more: If you are visiting different countries you are more likely to find a person who says they have watched attack on titan than pretty little liars!

Sometimes people dont like anime because they refuse to be socially accepting of other cultures, they might deny it but it is probably because they dont realise it when labelling anime as cartoons.

^I sound so deep lol I'm really not dw xD

ReputationRep:
    Can't deny the more anime I watch the weirder I become tbh.

but man you can't beat a 10/10 anime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyLadDarren)
    Can't deny the more anime I watch the weirder I become tbh.

but man you can't beat a 10/10 anime

thats more of a 9/10 anime

I like anime ! And I'm normal :dontknow: I mean I'm not socially awkward or anything - I'm a total extrovert and actually pretty popular everywhere because I talk to everyone lol -

I think people might find anime watchers weird because sometimes (well, most of the time I believe) they're socially awkward or too geeky Idk. But we're not all like that xD

ReputationRep:
    I watch a lot of anime but I get why people say this, like when I went to the anime society when I went uni to find new content, the place was full of weirdos lol

I also find it odd there that there are so few white guys who watch it, the only people who I know who still watch anime are black and Asian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    fair enough
    EDIT: have you watched steins;gate? Definitely should at that one at least,and its shorter than death note
    Delving through the depths of madness and exquisite chaos, Steins;Gate unravels the shackles of time and friendship - I've watched that show and I can't wait for Steins;Gate Zero.

It's so coooool Sonuvabich!

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kiritsugu)
    Delving through the depths of madness and exquisite chaos, Steins;Gate unravels the shackles of time and friendship - I've watched that show and I can't wait for Steins;Gate Zero.

It's so coooool Sonuvabich!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.