Oven chips or deep fried chips?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    went to five guys the other day and had a veggie sandwich and deep fried chips, it was so oily i had to have extra veggies to make it less oily
    To be fair Five Guys fries are an oily abomination 75% of the time, they're not a great example!

But yeah, fried all the way. *

ReputationRep:
    Fried all the way for me. There's something about oven chips that isn't as good as fried chips!

ReputationRep:
    Oven chips are bland and as tough as bootlace. Chips need to be crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, and only deep fat frying can do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RCLeahcar)
    Oven chips are bland and as tough as bootlace. Chips need to be crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, and only deep fat frying can do that.
    no baking can do that too
    Its just that they end up tasting a bit dry but I have mine with beans:perv:

ReputationRep:
    I put oven chips in the airfryer, they come out crispier than in the oven. Best of both

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oven! or pringles

Fried ofc. Oven chips are a pale imitation.

ReputationRep:
    Oven chips are supposed to be healthier as there is less oil used

ReputationRep:
    An oven chip is an abomination. Deep fried all the way.

ReputationRep:
    Fried tastes better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    An oven chip is an abomination. Deep fried all the way.
    I do prefer fried chips though tastes better

ReputationRep:
    Deep fried with a deep fried sausage :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Fried ofc. Oven chips are a pale imitation.
    Tbf I've made some cracking oven chips when our deep fryer broke, but it just so happens that I gave them a generous coating of oil :rofl:

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Tbf I've made some cracking oven chips when our deep fryer broke, but it just so happens that I gave them a generous coating of oil :rofl:
    McCain oven fries are about the closest, but most of the flavour comes from the oil imo.

ReputationRep:
    I would have to say that I prefer deep fried chips better as I find oven chips go dry and crunchy where as with deep fried chips they don't dry out and also some go crispy which is nice. I don't use my deep fat frier anymore because get moaned at about the oil so if do have any chips I cook them in the oven but have stopped cooking them at home now because of that

ReputationRep:
    Lay's chips
    Only exo fans will get this

ReputationRep:
    Deep fried, obvs.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'm strange, but I like cooking chips in the oven. I chop up a potato, sprinkle some oil on and bung in the oven for about half an hour. Much nicer than a bag of frozen chips. Sweet potato fries are even nicer!

ReputationRep:
    Deep fried chips is my favorite

ReputationRep:
    Probably deep fat fried, but I'm usually too lazy, so oven chips -

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.