The Student Room Group

Come along; experience my A-level journey with me!

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys!:excited:

UPDATE- 22/09/2016

Today I had Business Studies and English Literature. I preferred Business Studies, but I had a great day overall :smile: In terms of this evening, I've typed up my Philosophy notes nice 'n neatly, and recorded myself speaking over them (YUP, I'm an auditory learner). I've also revised my German vocab (for the 100th time lol) ready for my test tomorrow (I only had to learn 8 words :smile: ). I'm going to go and relax now... I need to take a breather... haha.

G'night,

Soph. X
It's been a while! 20/11/16

This is going to be a quickie, but sorry for the lack of posts; it's been full on!

Right now, my favourite subject is German. It always was at GCSE, and am glad to be able to say the same for A-levels! Philosophy is also up there, but German wins! :biggrin:

The work load is huge, but I've found adapting to it relatively straightforward. Onwards and upwards!

I hope you're all getting on well!
Original post by SophFlorence

This is going to be a quickie, but sorry for the lack of posts; it's been full on!

Right now, my favourite subject is German. It always was at GCSE, and am glad to be able to say the same for A-levels! Philosophy is also up there, but German wins! :biggrin:

The work load is huge, but I've found adapting to it relatively straightforward. Onwards and upwards!

Well done and good luck 😉 Please do keep updating us xx
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done and good luck 😉 Please do keep updating us xx

Thank you!! :smile: x

Hey:h:, we haven't talked in ages:smile: Well done and keep up the hard work:u:
Original post by starstudent7
Hey:h:, we haven't talked in ages:smile: Well done and keep up the hard work:u:

Hey! I know, right?! Thank you so much! :smile: How are you?
Hey! I know, right?! Thank you so much! :smile: How are you?

I am fine, how are you?:smile:
I am fine, how are you?:smile:

That's great to hear! Me too, thank you :smile:
31/12/2016
Hey guys!
Long time, no speak.

I'm VERY happy to hear of those who are doing well in A levels so far; keep up the hard work!

As you'll know, mocks are rapidly approaching, and revision has certainly kicked in. I'd say I've been revising solidly for a good week and a half now, obviously taking into account Christmas day (and also a couple of days I forced myself to chill out!).

English Literature is proving to be the hardest to study, which doesn't surprise me at all, on reflection of the GCSE English days.:rolleyes: I would say that the simplest to revise for is German: NOT to say that it's an easy subject, but in terms of revision it's essentially: LEARN YOUR VOCAB! .Philosophy and Ethics is basically three large subjects in all honesty, Buddhism proving to be the largest as it's taking up most of my time:unimpressed::ahhhhh:But I do love it:h: Business Studies is essentially a memory game, so I'd say that's going pretty well too (fingers crossed!).

Today, in terms of revision, I started Buddhism at 11:30 am, and stopped for lunch at 13:00pm. I got back to it at 13:30pm and stopped again at about 14:30. This was only a 15 minute break so I could message some of you guys back :tongue: Then I started again at 14:45, with some Business Studies by going over my flash cards, which lasted another hour or so. Then I had a break for 15 minutes and got back to Business Studies for another 50 minutes by making a mind map about decision trees :smile: And that's my day wrapped up! So, in total, that's about 4 hours and 20 mins (if my maths is correct!). Not loads, but I don't want to over-exert myself otherwise I know it just won't go in!

I tried to insert some images, but for some reason it isn't working! I will try and insert them on separate posts :smile:

All the best,

Sophie. x

Ok, it worked. All good :biggrin:
Well done !! You've done so much work. And OMG those pictures look absolutely amazing !! Keep it up x Good luck for your mocks x
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done !! You've done so much work. And OMG those pictures look absolutely amazing !! Keep it up x Good luck for your mocks x

Thank you, Nisha! Right back at you! xx
31/12/2016
Hey guys!
Long time, no speak.

I'm VERY happy to hear of those who are doing well in A levels so far; keep up the hard work!

As you'll know, mocks are rapidly approaching, and revision has certainly kicked in. I'd say I've been revising solidly for a good week and a half now, obviously taking into account Christmas day (and also a couple of days I forced myself to chill out!).

English Literature is proving to be the hardest to study, which doesn't surprise me at all, on reflection of the GCSE English days.:rolleyes: I would say that the simplest to revise for is German: NOT to say that it's an easy subject, but in terms of revision it's essentially: LEARN YOUR VOCAB! .Philosophy and Ethics is basically three large subjects in all honesty, Buddhism proving to be the largest as it's taking up most of my time:unimpressed::ahhhhh:But I do love it:h: Business Studies is essentially a memory game, so I'd say that's going pretty well too (fingers crossed!).

Today, in terms of revision, I started Buddhism at 11:30 am, and stopped for lunch at 13:00pm. I got back to it at 13:30pm and stopped again at about 14:30. This was only a 15 minute break so I could message some of you guys back :tongue: Then I started again at 14:45, with some Business Studies by going over my flash cards, which lasted another hour or so. Then I had a break for 15 minutes and got back to Business Studies for another 50 minutes by making a mind map about decision trees :smile: And that's my day wrapped up! So, in total, that's about 4 hours and 20 mins (if my maths is correct!). Not loads, but I don't want to over-exert myself otherwise I know it just won't go in!

I tried to insert some images, but for some reason it isn't working! I will try and insert them on separate posts :smile:

All the best,

Sophie. x

Well done, you have done so much work!:smile: I can already tell that you are going to do really well in your exams.:h:
Well done, you have done so much work!:smile: I can already tell that you are going to do really well in your exams.:h:

Thank you! I hope your mocks went well too (I'm sure you've done amazingly!) Btw, sorry I replied to this so late. My notifications stopped working and I also haven't been on my blog since my last post :frown: Bad, I know. Sorry ! x
Thank you! I hope your mocks went well too (I'm sure you've done amazingly!) Btw, sorry I replied to this so late. My notifications stopped working and I also haven't been on my blog since my last post :frown: Bad, I know. Sorry ! x

Hiya its ok:smile: Ur welcome:h: and same I haven't been on TSR that much either:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest