Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by L'absurde)
    Well this should give you a rough guide on pain...
    Spoiler:
    Show

Also visibility, perhaps you should go for an area that is easy to cover up, for your first tattoo.

Having looked at the tattoo and it's meaning I'd suggest maybe you put it on your chest, like right in the middle.
    Not the least painful of places but it would suit the meaning.

Couldn't do it there, right in the middle of my boobs, would hurt like a *****! Thanks for the guide though, that's super useful!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    When you decided to tattoo you? did you make a concrete decision where it has to be tattoed?*
    I'm leaning towards somewhere on my arm. :yep: Once I have firmly decided though I need to then find a place to get it done. If I was at home, I would go to who my daddy has went to for tattoos, but I am at uni.

ReputationRep:
    If I did, it would be over my back, should to one of my pecs.

Would be so badass coming across as all straight lace only to tear off my shirt to be a total deviant.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I'm leaning towards somewhere on my arm. :yep: Once I have firmly decided though I need to then find a place to get it done. If I was at home, I would go to who my daddy has went to for tattoos, but I am at uni.
    And so far away from home? is this a hindrance for you? if so, I would wait till you are at home again. As if the tattoo shop would go off. *

ReputationRep:
    Chest sounds so painful :eek:

Oh, I am fricking terrified. I am fine with needles, it's just the thought of it. But I want something for myself, and I really like it.
    Aw theres no need to be terrified! Itll be ok!
    Ah right well, all i can say is, just try to think of positive thoughts and try to keep your mind occupied! Its easier said than done but it does help! (My therapist told me about it so its from a proffessional source).
    Yeah i can understand that!
    I say go for it still but just try your best not to worry yourself about it!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    And so far away from home? is this a hindrance for you? if so, I would wait till you are at home again. As if the tattoo shop would go off. *
    Home is N.Ireland, and I am in Dundee. Won't be home again until Christmas at least and even that isn't confirmed.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Aw theres no need to be terrified! Itll be ok!
    Ah right well, all i can say is, just try to think of positive thoughts and try to keep your mind occupied! Its easier said than done but it does help! (My therapist told me about it so its from a proffessional source).
    Yeah i can understand that!
    I say go for it still but just try your best not to worry yourself about it!
    Bring a book and read I really want it so I won't let the thought of pain put me off.

ReputationRep:
    Chest sounds so painful :eek:

Oh, I am fricking terrified. I am fine with needles, it's just the thought of it. But I want something for myself, and I really like it.
    Just shoulder then...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Home is N.Ireland, and I am in Dundee. Won't be home again until Christmas at least and even that isn't confirmed.
    I see. Some quarrels with your family or what is the reason that you hesitated to come back at home? I am sure that there is a tattoo shop in Dundee too.*

ReputationRep:
    Bring a book and read I really want it so I won't let the thought of pain put me off.
    Go for it!
    Good to hear it! I hope it aes well for you!

And if you still cant decide on the location, maybe you could try some temporary ones and see which you like the best?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I see. Some quarrels with your family or what is the reason that you hesitated to come back at home? I am sure that there is a tattoo shop in Dundee too.*
    Expensive to fly home so much, and home is boring after about 3 days. I might be working over the holidays too.

Go for it!
    Good to hear it! I hope it aes well for you!

And if you still cant decide on the location, maybe you could try some temporary ones and see which you like the best?
    That's a really good idea! Thanks though

ReputationRep:
    You don't like tattoos, do you?
    Depends what they are and where they are.

Not for me personally but I love the little red devil that my fantastic girlfriend has on her a**e. Discrete but sums up her 'wicked' soh and, errrrrrrr, let's go with zest for life.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by viffer)
    Depends what they are and where they are.

Not for me personally but I love the little red devil that my fantastic girlfriend has on her a**e. Discrete but sums up her 'wicked' soh and, errrrrrrr, let's go with zest for life.

:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Expensive to fly home so much, and home is boring after about 3 days. I might be working over the holidays too.

That's a really good idea! Thanks though
    Thanks!
    Just thought I'd offer it as an option beforehand!
    No worries!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Thanks!
    Just thought I'd offer it as an option beforehand!
    No worries!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I really like your tattoo design I've had my design planned out for months but always chicken out when I go to book it so I have no real help to give you but just wanted to say good luck and hope it isn't too painful and let me know how it goes

Your reassurance might finally give me the guts to get my tattoo done

ReputationRep:
    No worries!

It'll look amazing once it's done! :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I really like your tattoo design I've had my design planned out for months but always chicken out when I go to book it so I have no real help to give you but just wanted to say good luck and hope it isn't too painful and let me know how it goes

Your reassurance might finally give me the guts to get my tattoo done
    Yeah, now I need to get round to booking it (well, finding a place to get it done). But thanks so much, and I will definitely tell you how it goes :hugs:

No worries!

It'll look amazing once it's done! :hugs:
    Hopefully! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I would love a tattoo and I think your design looks really awesome! I think it would look good on your inner forearm - the thicker bit near your elbow.

If it wasn;t for my spouse, I'd have got a tattoo a long time ago. As it is, I'm planning on having tattoo ink injected into my scars to make them the same color as the rest of my skin. But that's not very exciting. :sad:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    So so nice! On your forearm would look lovely. It's a good place to get a tattoo as well really because no matter how much your body changes over time, it's one of the least likely places where a tattoo would get distorted. I'm planning for a mandala on my foot but I just need to get it all booked!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.