Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Craziest Football match you ever been to or watched Watch

ReputationRep:
    Surprised no one mentioned sven's england hammering Der mannschaft 5-1

ReputationRep:
    As a Manchester United and Reading fan I've been to some crazy matches involving both teams. A couple of seasons ago when United drew 1-1 with chelsea at Old Trafford when RVP scored in the last minute. Remember it fondly because my brother and my dad got up to leave and I told them to hang on so I could see the free kick and we ended up scoring. The steward was telling me to leave or get back in my seat before the goal but after the goal the place erupted and I was high giving the steward. My brother and dad were in the tunnel thing so didn't see it and were wondering wtf is going on and why I'm celebrating, but then when we went inside they were showing the replay of the goal on TV and then they realised.

Also, later in the same season I went to Reading vs Arsenal at Wembley in the FA cup. When Reading scored there must've been an earthquake. Federici messed up big time though and we were all so gutted, especially as the linesman gave so many offside decisions against Reading, some of which would've given Reading a good opportunity to score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    So what's the craziest match you either been to or watched on TV?

There's a few that spring to my mind with Aston Villa, like when they beat Blackburn 6-4 in the League Cup a few years back, When they somehow blew a a 4-1 lead against Leicester City to draw 4 all years back now.
    Liverpool v Dortmund in the last europa,
    Or Germany 7 Brazil 1 haha

The world cup always shocks me, how teams like Iran can hold their own against teams like Argentina.

ReputationRep:
    gotta be the infamous Man U vs Bayern Munich, two goals in the last two minutes of added time

how legendary was that game?!

ReputationRep:
    On the TV, it was the Reading v Arsenal game in the league cup about 4 seasons ago, 7-5 to Arsenal in the end even though Reading were 4-0 up nearing the end of the first half, Arsenal scored just before half time and the game went to extra time at 4-4 after Arsenal scored a 90+6th (just looked it up) equaliser.

In person it would be Swansea 3-3 Stoke. Stoke took a 2-0 lead in the first half, Swansea made it 3-2 in the second half, then as the Stoke players were appealing for a corner in injury time, the ref gave a penalty, the only person in the whole ground who it even crossed their mind it was a penalty, and Stoke, sadly, made it 3-3.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think "Crazy" is the right word to describe this, but I was at the Tottenham vs Bolton FA Cup match when Fabrice Muamba collapsed and had a cardiac arrest. Won't ever forget those scenes - I could even see his rib cage buckling under the pressure from the chest compressions. Glad he survived, and I must say, all the fans present were excellent.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    I remember another one Villa v Newcastle and losing 4.3 but Dwight Yorke getting a hatrick and had another late on ruled out for offside incorrectly, also a game against Chelsea that ended 4 all and we had Zat Knight sent off and Chelsea finished with 9 men, and we were two up at one point.

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd 1-6 Man City back in the 11/12 season. I hate Man Utd with a passion so was good to see them get a right hiding
    Also the UCL final the same season, Bayern completely dominated us but we somehow managed to win the trophy for the first time!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by atom y humber)
    Surprised no one mentioned sven's england hammering Der mannschaft 5-1
    It's a reflection of the age demographic on here. I remember watching that game well but if you're under 21 you're not going to remember much from it.

I think Everton vs Manchester City a couple of years back deserves a mention just because of the circumstances. Every Liverpool fan was cheering on Everton so they'd win the league, and every Manchester United fan was cheering on City so Liverpool didn't win the league. It's very rare to see your main rivals actually wanting you to win a game

ReputationRep:
    Sunderland Middlesbrough match at Roker Park back in the 90s. It was my first ever football match and I barely paid any attention to the football as the pitched battle between the fans before, during and after the match was far more interesting.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Villa v Stoke 2008/09 when Villa did their usual and blew a two goal lead in the last two minutes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.