ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    don't get me started on the phone browser hahaha
    thank you; how'd you know my friend's a girl
    XD
    Lel
    I know things

(Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    Omfg ikr phone is so terrible and worse I'm stuck using it because my computer gave up on itself

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same
    It is sooo faking crip

ReputationRep:
    Post #3- Keeping a medical journal and a very welcome email (27/09/16)

College is still as busy as ever! With lots to do it's hard to find time to stop and relax, let alone write another blog entry
    I've had quite a few tests, but things seem to be going in my brain as I've either gotten full marks or one off!

Speaking to my tutor we started to discuss things to do to boost my medical application, and one thing that came up which I liked the idea of was to keep a medical journal. This would consist of interesting medical facts that I come across, ideas for medical related careers, personal statement drafts and just everything medical really for me personally, quite a bit of it will involve things I learn whilst at the hospice. I have already started to write about two things- the dysphagia diet and the will to live- two very indepth topics which can cover a lot of things and both of which I have come into direct contact and witnessed (or learned the importance of, for the dysphagia diet). I'm finding little bits of knowledge and life experience incredibly rewarding and intriguing!! Once I've got some more content I'll be sure to share some of it on here (obviously I keep any identities anonymous ).

Now, about that email.... (this is it Cheese ) I was having some quality banter with my friends at lunch break today, when my phone received an email. I opened it to find... PHYSICS GCSE HAS BEEN REMARKED TO AN A*!! An A*. That wasn't what the email said word for word, but that was what was running through my head as soon as I opened it. This means that somehow, despite the odds and ridiculous exam questions, I got A*A*A* in triple science! I'm incredibly chuffed with this, it put a big smile on my face.

Well, that's about it for this post. I hope you all enjoyed reading it, and as always, thank you to everyone for your support!!

Tags for people:
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    CheeseIsVeg
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    hamza772000
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    FrenchUnicorn
    (Original post by Tea2345)
    Tea2345
    (Original post by yoda123)
    yoda123
    (Original post by Saba XD)
    Saba XD
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    GabbytheGreek_48

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)

College is still as busy as ever! With lots to do it's hard to find time to stop and relax, let alone write another blog entry
    I've had quite a few tests, but things seem to be going in my brain as I've either gotten full marks or one off!

Speaking to my tutor we started to discuss things to do to boost my medical application, and one thing that came up which I liked the idea of was to keep a medical journal. This would consist of interesting medical facts that I come across, ideas for medical related careers, personal statement drafts and just everything medical really for me personally, quite a bit of it will involve things I learn whilst at the hospice. I have already started to write about two things- the dysphagia diet and the will to live- two very indepth topics which can cover a lot of things and both of which I have come into direct contact and witnessed (or learned the importance of, for the dysphagia diet). I'm finding little bits of knowledge and life experience incredibly rewarding and intriguing!! Once I've got some more content I'll be sure to share some of it on here (obviously I keep any identities anonymous ).

Now, about that email.... (this is it Cheese ) I was having some quality banter with my friends at lunch break today, when my phone received an email. I opened it to find... PHYSICS GCSE HAS BEEN REMARKED TO AN A*!! An A*. That wasn't what the email said word for word, but that was what was running through my head as soon as I opened it. This means that somehow, despite the odds and ridiculous exam questions, I got A*A*A* in triple science! I'm incredibly chuffed with this, it put a big smile on my face.

Well, that's about it for this post. I hope you all enjoyed reading it, and as always, thank you to everyone for your support!!

Tags for people:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Best news :yy:Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)

Tags for people:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Hey. Long time eh. Thank you so much for the tag. I loved reading this entry of yours and congratulations on what you have achieved so far. Triple A* and that in science is a very big achievement. I know how that feels. Good luck in your future endeavours.

ReputationRep:
    Best news :yy:Congrats!
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hey. Long time eh. Thank you so much for the tag. I loved reading this entry of yours and congratulations on what you have achieved so far. Triple A* and that in science is a very big achievement. I know how that feels. Good luck in your future endeavours.
    Hey, I hope you're well! Thank you very much, thanks for taking the time to read it! I hope a levels end up as good as my GCSEs haha thanks for your support

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Hey, I hope you're well! Thank you very much, thanks for taking the time to read it! I hope a levels end up as good as my GCSEs haha thanks for your support
    Ahhh pish posh, I've loved reading it.
    I'm fine. I hope you're well too.
    They surely will. Just be optimistic.
    You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh pish posh, I've loved reading it.
    I'm fine. I hope you're well too.
    They surely will. Just be optimistic.
    You're welcome.
    I'm good, tired though haha
    I shall try

Good luck. I'm too lazy to bother to keep up with my blog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Good luck. I'm too lazy to bother to keep up with my blog.
    Thank you!
    I find it hard to write just one post every week or so aha
    college has taken over my life with the workload

(Original post by LDS16)
    Thank you!
    I find it hard to write just one post every week or so aha
    college has taken over my life with the workload
    It seems like you're getting along quite well from all the entries you made so far.
    I predicted that I was going to finish AS Biology content before October hits, but I guess I overestimated myself.
    Just need an extra day or two max to finish, since the last section of it has a lot of plant anatomy and function. lol

ReputationRep:
    It seems like you're getting along quite well from all the entries you made so far.
    I predicted that I was going to finish AS Biology content before October hits, but I guess I overestimated myself.
    Just need an extra day or two max to finish, since the last section of it has a lot of plant anatomy and function. lol
    So are you self taught or something? Or second year? I'm just plodding along with biological molecules atm, got my first big test next Friday. Biology is manageable but chemistry is starting to get complicated with atomic orbitals and ionisation energies.. staying on top of it for now though

(Original post by LDS16)
    So are you self taught or something? Or second year? I'm just plodding along with biological molecules atm, got my first big test next Friday. Biology is manageable but chemistry is starting to get complicated with atomic orbitals and ionisation energies.. staying on top of it for now though
    I'm in year 12 like you. I'm the one that made the current year 12 thread 2016-2017 thread.
    I've been self-teaching the entire AS Biology content few weeks before term started. By the time my first Biology lesson took place, I was over 50% done with the AS Biology content.
    So I'm relaxed in my Biology lessons. I feign interest during lessons, while thinking about Maths or something.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 12 like you. I'm the one that made the current year 12 thread 2016-2017 thread.
    I've been self-teaching the entire AS Biology content few weeks before term started. By the time my first Biology lesson took place, I was over 50% done with the AS Biology content.
    So I'm relaxed in my Biology lessons. I feign interest during lessons, while thinking about Maths or something.
    Oh yeah I remember that thread aha, just wondered how you've done so much!
    That's impressive, well done. Hopefully over half term I'll have read through most of the text book. I feel quite relaxed too, I find biology really interesting so I guess that makes it easier, and when I have to make notes on something I read about it out of context sometimes, and I always look at what comes after it in the textbook. I'm doing my best
    So what are you studying in class atm?

(Original post by LDS16)
    Oh yeah I remember that thread aha, just wondered how you've done so much!
    That's impressive, well done. Hopefully over half term I'll have read through most of the text book. I feel quite relaxed too, I find biology really interesting so I guess that makes it easier, and when I have to make notes on something I read about it out of context sometimes, and I always look at what comes after it in the textbook. I'm doing my best
    So what are you studying in class atm?
    Biology does make you want to do a bit of further reading, but you might end up way out of the curriculum.
    I made notes and did every question in the textbook to get a good understanding of it.
    In Biology, we're still sort of in the first quarter of the textbook, but slowly transitioning onto the next quarter.
    First quarter is about 'Lifestyle, Health and Risk', which everything revolves around cardiovascular disease.
    Whether is biochemistry, type of drugs to lower BP or cholesterol, lifestyle changes to reduce CVD and what not.
    Anatomy of the heart and how it functions. Lots of jargon used in Biology, it's like speaking a new language.

ReputationRep:
    Biology does make you want to do a bit of further reading, but you might end up way out of the curriculum.
    I made notes and did every question in the textbook to get a good understanding of it.
    In Biology, we're still sort of in the first quarter of the textbook, but slowly transitioning onto the next quarter.
    First quarter is about 'Lifestyle, Health and Risk', which everything revolves around cardiovascular disease.
    Whether is biochemistry, type of drugs to lower BP or cholesterol, lifestyle changes to reduce CVD and what not.
    Anatomy of the heart and how it functions. Lots of jargon used in Biology, it's like speaking a new language.
    I ended up doing that with psychology yesterday hahaha- was researching the multi store model for memory and ended up watching a brain dissection! I think you're a different exam board, we are doing AQA and are on protein structure and DNA now

ReputationRep:
    Nice my man, I've been immersed and enthralled at the idea of becoming a dentist when i become of age and have to started Lower Sixth 4/5 weeks ago. In my opinion the workload has been pretty manageable - although i had 18 pieces of homework this week alone And nice work on your recent tests - I also had mine and to be honest they were a lot easier than expected! Keep going and updating this blog as it is starting to motivate me too! Just out of interest what University(es) are you looking at and what specific field of medicine are you most interested by?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGCSETANK)
    Nice my man, I've been immersed and enthralled at the idea of becoming a dentist when i become of age and have to started Lower Sixth 4/5 weeks ago. In my opinion the workload has been pretty manageable - although i had 18 pieces of homework this week alone And nice work on your recent tests - I also had mine and to be honest they were a lot easier than expected! Keep going and updating this blog as it is starting to motivate me too! Just out of interest what University(es) are you looking at and what specific field of medicine are you most interested by?
    hey, sorry for this late reply but I've been inactive lately; really too busy with college work.. Best of luck to you for your career in dentistry. I'm looking at Imperial, Kings, UCL and Queen Mary/Barts at the moment, sort of considering Oxford but it's not realistic and I haven't visited any universities yet. I've always been interested in the brain and the mind, first it was psychology, then psychiatry, now neurology and neuroscience/surgery seem interesting hope college is still going well for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    HE IS ALIVE
    :eek4: Missed you dude! :jumphug:Hope you are ok!

ReputationRep:
    :eek4: Missed you dude! :jumphug:Hope you are ok!
    awh hey cheese been better I think I can pull through. Just takes a bit of work. Hope you're ok

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.