Medicine A100 Leeds 2017 entry

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hkjljkio)
    Ahhhhh right okay, do you think it's likely to be low this year? And can full academic scoring compensate for a low bmat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have no idea tbh. It varies each year. But a full academic score does compensate for a low BMAT score, as long as your BMAT score isn't too low. Don't forget they also check your PS and they are really harsh when it comes to the PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    Because people are taking linear A levels this year, does that mean they will have no chance of getting 3 cashed in AS levels?
    And yeah 24/27 is what you would need at least i reckon. 8A* and 1A would be 26/27
    People doing linear can still do AS Levels, but it's at the discretion of the school. Quite a few don't bother, as it's costly to purchase exam papers for hundreds of pupils.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usaamah)
    Hi

I am looking to apply for Medicine through Access to Leeds. I was wondering if you could give me some advice on what to write for the Applicant Statement in the A2L application?
    Unfortunately I didn't know about the scheme before I applied but was luckily automatically identified as an A2L student. As a result I didn't write a statement so unfortunately I can't be of much help in that respect!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is a decent bmat score for leeds to be considered or to get the bonus point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Window16)
    What is a decent bmat score for leeds to be considered or to get the bonus point?
    I think anything above a 5 is good for Leeds. Try and get around 5.5 if you wanna be more secure. Above 5.5, give yourself a pat on the back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    i have 8 A*'s, 2 A's and 2 B's at GCSE, 4 A's at As-level and predicted 3 A*'s for A2. I feel like i have a very strong personal statment. how many points would i get and is it good enough to apply?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I got 8 A*'s, 2 A's and 2 B's at GCSE, 4 A's at As-level and predicted 3 A*'s for A2. I feel like I have a very strong personal statment. How many points would I get and is it good enough to apply (ie compared to the other years)?

what would be the minimum and ideal BMAT score that I would need?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maza4499)
    Hi guys, I got 8 A*'s, 2 A's and 2 B's at GCSE, 4 A's at As-level and predicted 3 A*'s for A2. I feel like I have a very strong personal statment. How many points would I get and is it good enough to apply (ie compared to the other years)?

what would be the minimum and ideal BMAT score that I would need?
    I think anything above 4.5 on section 1 & 2 will be fine and 3A on section 3. Tbh you'd get the full academic score cos of you AS grades so it doesn't matter too much if your bmat score is low although better to be safe aim for 5+

Do you fulfill all th criteria on their website for what they look for in a PS like motivation,social awareness, interest,empathy....? They're really heavy on the personal statement it has to be really good and reflective

ReputationRep:
    It's quite humorous how the BMAT has literally destroyed the number of applicants for Leeds. It used to be one of the most popular medical schools.

Oh well, less competition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillipaneerii)
    I think anything above 4.5 on section 1 & 2 will be fine and 3A on section 3. Tbh you'd get the full academic score cos of you AS grades so it doesn't matter too much if your bmat score is low although better to be safe aim for 5+

Do you fulfill all th criteria on their website for what they look for in a PS like motivation,social awareness, interest,empathy....? They're really heavy on the personal statement it has to be really good and reflective
    Yah the people that checked my personal statment thought it was good so I hope it will be good enough. I haven't done any work for BMAT yet but after the UKCAT I feel scared of getting a low BMAT score. Do ppl aplying from the Access to Leeds get special concideration or a seperate selection proccess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    It's quite humorous how the BMAT has literally destroyed the number of applicants for Leeds. It used to be one of the most popular medical schools.

Oh well, less competition.
    Is that so?
    That's great news lool
    Where else are you applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I've only recently decided to do the bmat so feeling very unprepared (due to bad UKCAT). I don't understand the academic scoring at Leeds. If I have 4A*s 8As at GCSE and 4As at AS which are all linear but the one I dropped (English Lit) would I get credited for my a levels and have full academic marks or just my GCSEs which I don't think particularly stand out compared to some other people. I am also doing two volunteering placements at a neuro rehab centre and care home which I have talked about a lot in my PS as I'm really enjoying them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbaras99)
    Hi guys, I've only recently decided to do the bmat so feeling very unprepared (due to bad UKCAT). I don't understand the academic scoring at Leeds. If I have 4A*s 8As at GCSE and 4As at AS which are all linear but the one I dropped (English Lit) would I get credited for my a levels and have full academic marks or just my GCSEs which I don't think particularly stand out compared to some other people. I am also doing two volunteering placements at a neuro rehab centre and care home which I have talked about a lot in my PS as I'm really enjoying them.
    Yes, you'd have full academic score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright_Gift)
    Is that so?
    That's great news lool
    Where else are you applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Imperial, UCL and BSMS. It would be very awkward if I screw my BMAT now

ReputationRep:
    Imperial, UCL and BSMS. It would be very awkward if I screw my BMAT now
    Woooooaaaaah good luck 3 bmat unis is a risk but hopefully it will be ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillipaneerii)
    Woooooaaaaah good luck 3 bmat unis is a risk but hopefully it will be ok
    It's actually 4 including this one, lol.

ReputationRep:
    It's actually 4 including this one, lol.
    Woah dude, all BMAT Unis Wow. I admirw your Bravery. Did you really not like your UKCAT that much? xD
    If you can boss your BMAT, then you would have actually pulled this off and live to inspire other young'uns

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Woah dude, all BMAT Unis Wow. I admirw your Bravery. Did you really not like your UKCAT that much? xD
    If you can boss your BMAT, then you would have actually pulled this off and live to inspire other young'uns

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I find it really difficult to focus on the UKCAT. It's a very boring test; the BMAT is a lot more interesting. I actually didn't bother taking the UCKAT, so I don't know what score I would've got, had I taken it.

ReputationRep:
    I find it really difficult to focus on the UKCAT. It's a very boring test; the BMAT is a lot more interesting. I actually didn't bother taking the UCKAT, so I don't know what score I would've got, had I taken it.
    It's good you find the BMAT more intersting. I agree. It's just that more interesting =harder

ReputationRep:
    It's good you find the BMAT more intersting. I agree. It's just that more interesting =harder
    I definitely don't find section 1 interesting!!!! I can't do 3 questions without day dreaming lol

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.