Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If they're slightly overweight I wouldn't mind
    But if they're obese they would just look revolting to me and there would be no attraction

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i do like girls that are on the 'overweight' side but i do have limits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternaforest)
    i do like girls that are on the 'overweight' side but i do have limits
    They usually have a thick booty amirite

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys don't date fat chicks because they're not attractive, it's as simple as that. And having several rolls of blubber doesn't make you curvy, you're fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Kira)
    They usually have a thick booty amirite

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i live for the bootay

ReputationRep:
    I personally have realised that some 'fat' girls are just lazy in general, not just to workout but other normal daily activities. I find laziness unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    Indicates lack of self respect and laziness unless they have a condition which I doubt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less whether someone happens to be 'overweight' by dint of BMI, but physical instability and lack of proportionality are both distinctly off-putting, as is an inability to exercise self-restraint.

ReputationRep:
    Same reason I wouldn't date a fat guy... It's unattractive

Simply because when you see someone who works out and is healthy at a young stage of their life you think that they are able to take care of themselves and take on responsibilities. But if the person is overweight and lazy then they are less appealing because it shows they don't really care (obv this might change when you get to know them but before that first greeting all you see is the persons phsyical form)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BisouX)
    There are men on this planet (very few, I must admit) who will find a partner based on other criteria rather than her outwards appearance; look out for those men as they are truly to be treasured for they are wise, and can feel and understand the importance of true inner beauty.
    Agreed, intelligence, kindness and personality are the best attributes any man or woman can have, some (not all) stunningly beautiful girls turn out to be *****es through and through

ReputationRep:
    I would like to point out that my girlfriend is over the 'curvy' category and her bmi is definitely over 26 so it doesn't apply to all guys.

I'm not into extra slim/skinny women and not into the opposite of that either... size 14/16 is my ideal although my girlfriend is over that, I love her regardless.

Some people don't carry weight well though, to be fair. Two women (or men even) could be similar height and size and one could look nice and the other one could look like life just didn't treat them fairly at all.

ReputationRep:
    just guys? a lot of girls wouldn't date a fat guy either.

he might be cute, sweet, have a lovely personality etc but theres no denying that being in shape looks better than being fat

yeah that sounds shallow but so what, we need to find out other halves attractive if we want to sleep with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    just guys? a lot of girls wouldn't date a fat guy either.

he might be cute, sweet, have a lovely personality etc but theres no denying that being in shape looks better than being fat

yeah that sounds shallow but so what, we need to find out other halves attractive if we want to sleep with them
    But how fat are you talking about
    I don't mind girl being 1 stone overweight

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What I found out personally is that under 20 or so, most guys just go for what's popular or what their friends like so skinny girls that you see on TV or adverts. Once they get older, they learn about what they actually like. So some may still only like skinny girls while others prefer girls with more weight on.

Now seriously overweight is neither healthy nor very attractive although there are some people with a fetish for really really overweight people.

I was borderline obese with BMI and had no problems with guys finding me attractive. I've lost some weight by now but still overweight and still no problems with guys.

ReputationRep:
    For me it's not just the looks that are less than appealing with fat girls. I just get the impression that taking care of their body and health is not so much a priority where it is for me, and that's unattractive. It can also bleed into other things like laziness, bad mannerisms, etc; if they show it they will be punished more for it on the attractive rating than an average/fit girl.

Same goes for skinny under-developed looking girls, not very attractive overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What is it about fat girls that puts guys off dating them?
    Depends how fat we're talking, but generally relates to our fine appreciation of the female form (quite a unique thing); this extends to underweight/unshapely girls too btw

surely it just means they have extra curves? Guys love curves?
    Depends where the curves are, and whether there is flibber-flabber and cellulite involved vs. a certain toned firmness underlying these 'extra curves' :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Kira)
    But how fat are you talking about
    I don't mind girl being 1 stone overweight

Posted from TSR Mobile
    jonah hills size or bigger

someone like seth rogan is chubby in my eyes but i guess i could overlook it if he had the goods to back it up. when he starts developing a belly and double chin its a no. lets be honest, even if you're handsome theres no denying that a nicer lean body looks better than chubby so theres no chance of a girl fancying a good looking blubber when she can get a good looking guy with muscles

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I wouldn't date very obese person or a super skinny guy but if he's a little bit chubby then that's fine for me

Wow, everyone has different issues don't they? I'm told I'm really attractive, I don't get girls. I often like girls with weight on them, if they dress nice and seem to like their bodies, they are often much sexier and more womanly than skinny girls....I think it's even proven they tend to have more female hormones and sex drive. I just saw a big girls dressed classily and sexy, today, and was so lustful, but she just ignored me. Most people would say I'm conventionally attractive. And that she wasn't.

You never know what goes on in peoples heads, but it does seem there is a lot of confusion and issues in society beneath the surface.

My general problem with modern women is they say stuff that indicates that they are the ones who have no interest, when this simply isn't the case, guys are not picky like they think, tons find them attractive, and they are literally totally unresponsive and ignore them.Sorry if this isn't you.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.