Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just got dumped, cheer me up. (pls) Watch

ReputationRep:
    S Club 7 works a treat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)
    **This was my first official relationship in my life (I'm 22, but I was raised religiously and so this was my first).**

My boyfriend of 1 year (not a long time, Im aware, but long enough) just dumped me via a phone call after a few days of ignoring my texts/calls.
    He said hes been going through a lot, personally and financially, and wants to deal with it how he's always dealt with it - alone. He promised it was just a break, but I know he finds the commitment too much.

I was alright with it up until the call ended. I've been embarrassingly crying since (for the past half hour). I'm really upset (expectedly) and angry, because I really grew fond of this guy. I'm in love with him.

I thought he was in love with me too (he told me he loved me first), and he's kept saying "I love you" constantly, even last week, which makes me mad because how could one go from "I love you" to "We need a break" in the span of a week?

I just feel like it's me. I feel like I was too much. I fell hard for this guy, and I guess I feel *****y because I invested a lot of my happiness in him (BIG ****ING MISTAKE).

It's been a long time since my last episode depression-wise, but I feel like this will cause a relapse.

So yeah guys. Cheer me up, please. Take my mind off of this. Or just AMA. Anything, really.
    awwwww z :console: *it's gonna be okay. It's his ****ing loss

Whatever you do...don't use robml as a rebound. DON'T. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkred)

That's mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Remember that I live in the same city and frequent the same student watering hole as you
    Thought the point of the thread was to cheer up , not the opposite

ReputationRep:

:lol:

thank you ki. Ive missed you btw <3

ReputationRep:
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)
    :lol:

thank you ki. Ive missed you btw <3
    I've missed you too boo xoxoxoxo*
    (Original post by RobML)
    That's mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh....I'm sorry!!!!! I wasn't trying to be mean!!!!!!!!!!*

ReputationRep:

can I upvotes you like ten million times pls thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upperechelon)
    you can just send me money to my PayPal instead if u want*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upperechelon)
    That's mean

ReputationRep:
    xxx

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    xxx

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    First of all, :hugs:.

Second of all, please don't blame yourself for this happening. Your boyfriend has stuff going on in his life that has led him to do this and honestly, I think he could have went a much better way about this and you deserved better than how he did go about it, but the most important thing to remember is it is not reflection on you, okay?

Third of all, yes, definitely binge watch The Inbetweeners if that's something that makes you laugh. Binge watching things that make me laugh is always a cheer up go-to for me.

Lastly, my question: What are three things that make you happy? (No answers related to this guy allowed. :noway:)

ReputationRep:
    xxx

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Life is basically one big trial and error experience, and never has that held truer than in the case of relationships.

You didn't waste your happiness on him, you spent it on him. So it didn't work out, you live and you learn. And look at it this way: would you really want to spend the rest of your life with a ******** who's so impersonally irresponsible that he breaks up with you via phone? Not a keeper. If anything, I'd say that you dodged a bullet there.

You take your experiences from that relationship, and transition them into the next one. Now you have the benefit of knowing what you can do and what you can't do, what you can say and what you can't say (granted this is made slightly more difficult due to the subjective nature of relationships/people, but as a general theme it works fairly well from my experiences).

The way I see it, each relationship serves as a building block of experience that you can utilise in the next relationship. No experience or knowledge ever gets "wasted" when you look it at that way. Optimism and ****, yo.

It's an old cliché, but that doesn't make it any less true: time heals all wounds (apart from herpes, of course). Your feelings for this guy will fade, your self-confidence will grow, and just when you're feeling at your most strong and independent, someone else will come along and the cycle will start again. Such is life. No point in fighting it, so play with the hand you've been dealt and make the best of it.

Y'follow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Remember that I live in the same city and frequent the same student watering hole as you
    http://i.imgur.com/B9Um1dC.gif

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.