Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is something that you regret? Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Yeah, but I can promise you that we aren't, lol that was naive But c'mon what are the odds?
    dunno haha

ReputationRep:
    I regret smelting down pandora jewellery
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Not getting the help I needed for my MH sooner and getting a less demanding job.

ReputationRep:
    Managing (or the lack of) my mind in certain ways to create dependencies that are now almost too strong to overcome and having a detrimental effect on my life,
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    I regret smelting down pandora jewellery
    to extract what exactly?

ReputationRep:
    I regret not getting tutors for my A levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    to extract what exactly?
    the silver and gold content
    I smelt a 14kt bracelet, 3 18kt charms and countless silver items before someone saw a pile of empty boxes and I said what I had done and they revealed my costly mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Not taking a dump before I left the house for work today
    That is the best thing you've ever done, providing you pooped at work. GETTING PAID TO POOP IS THE BEST THING EVER

ReputationRep:
    my biggest ragret is not getting a dog sooner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    the silver and gold content
    I smelt a 14kt bracelet, 3 18kt charms and countless silver items before someone saw a pile of empty boxes and I said what I had done and they revealed my costly mistake
    Why? Even intuitively you must have considered the work put into the raw metal would have added some sort of additional price/value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am 1/Cos(C))
    Why? Even intuitively you must have considered the work put into the raw metal would have added some sort of additional price/value.
    it was in an auction house I got if for less than the melt value and I just didn't have the platform for selling stuff on then so I took the quick route and added it to the melt pot
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Goaded)
    That is the best thing you've ever done, providing you pooped at work. GETTING PAID TO POOP IS THE BEST THING EVER
    Eww pooing at work... do you do this? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Eww pooing at work... do you do this? :mmm:
    Every morning
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    Can you explain please?
    One day in third year I decided I wanted to get a first. I pushed myself way too hard and caused myself some health problems from the pressure/stress. I got the first, but wish I hadn't.

It was in no way worth it. No one cares what grade you got at uni and no one ever talks about it again. Get a 2.1 for grad schemes. 1st is only useful for carrying on into academia imo.

There's much more too life than being top of your class.

ReputationRep:
    School.... I should of pushed my school to accept my grades from my previous school, not do what they said and sit back until after my first year 10 GCSE tests.... when it was too late :facepalm:

I know I was a 14 year old kid doing as he was told by his teachers.... but damn, hindsight is such a *****!

ReputationRep:
    Not taking the chance to go to Russia on a school trip when I was 16. I was 1 of 4 students given the chance to go during my GCSEs but I didn't because I didn't know the other students very well.

Not sticking with French lessons when I was in nursery. I really wanted to go, so my parents sent me, then I had to speak French and I was shy and cried so my Dad didn't send me back. I'm taking up language classes at uni but it's so much harder to learn as an adult.

ReputationRep:
    I regret giving a **** but RIP to that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Do tell the outcome
    I lost out on this bid as well as I didn't go high enough during the last 10 seconds so i lost it by £10 however I found one on buy it now which is in mint condition including original box, earphones, and charger so its all good. should be here by next wednesday/thursday woo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    should have learnt a skill

preferably an instrument or some other talent like ballet
    There are lots of places that do adult beginner Ballet classes nowadays.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I lost out on this bid as well as I didn't go high enough during the last 10 seconds so i lost it by £10 however I found one on buy it now which is in mint condition including original box, earphones, and charger so its all good. should be here by next wednesday/thursday woo
    Awh yay! well thats good then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.