My Year 10 Revision Thread To A* 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salex413)
    Ahh thanks, I'll consider buying it
    kk how you revising ?xD join xD http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4310758

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forre)
    Jheez how come you guys are revising so early on?
    Have u guys done any tests if u have what did you get
    To get ready and get the most grade available why have you not ?xD

ReputationRep:
    Hi My name is Iso and im going to yr 10 (obv)
    My GCSE subjects are ( predictions in brackets,i have mine because we started in yr9

Year 10 exams
    Religious Studies (A-A*)
    Maths (9)

Year 11 exams
    Additional Mathematics (idek how this is graded)
    Physics (9)
    Chemistry (9)
    Biology (7-8)
    English Literature (8)
    English Language (8)
    DT (A)
    History (8)
    Spanish (9)
    French (9)

For A-Levels i want to do Maths, Physics, Chemistry and maybe Economics to study some type of either /aero/robotics/automotive/electrical/hardware engineering at ideally UC Berkeley, MIT or Stanford and in the UK, Cambridge, Imperial or Southampton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayu123)
    kk how you revising ?xD join xD http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4310758
    I'm not doing much revision, all I do is my homework and read over what I did during lessons.
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not doing much revision, all I do is my homework and read over what I did during lessons.
    How about you?
    Well on Fridays i do my homeworks then on the other day i use Ma sister old Gcse revision book xd you got any revision books?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrIso)
    Hi My name is Iso and im going to yr 10 (obv)
    My GCSE subjects are ( predictions in brackets,i have mine because we started in yr9

Year 10 exams
    Religious Studies (A-A*)
    Maths (9)

Year 11 exams
    Additional Mathematics (idek how this is graded)
    Physics (9)
    Chemistry (9)
    Biology (7-8)
    English Literature (8)
    English Language (8)
    DT (A)
    History (8)
    Spanish (9)
    French (9)

For A-Levels i want to do Maths, Physics, Chemistry and maybe Economics to study some type of either /aero/robotics/automotive/electrical/hardware engineering at ideally UC Berkeley, MIT or Stanford and in the UK, Cambridge, Imperial or Southampton.
    Well i want to become an accountant and how are you revising for the tests your doing this year God will BLESS YOU and Good Luck xD

ReputationRep:
    Well on Fridays i do my homeworks then on the other day i use Ma sister old Gcse revision book xd you got any revision books?
    Yes I have my sister's old GCSE revision books too, I'll think of using them but I should start buying the new 9-1 GCSE revision books.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have my sister's old GCSE revision books too, I'll think of using them but I should start buying the new 9-1 GCSE revision books.
    yhh me 2 u doing triple science aqa ?

ReputationRep:
    yhh me 2 u doing triple science aqa ?
    Yes, I am. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Year 10 Official Thread (2016-2017)
    :blah:
    :goodluck:
    :keyboard:
    Hello my name is Mayu and i am currently in Year 10 therefore im going to take my GCSE in 2018 so therefore i thought if anyone is doing any of the same subject as me so we can communicate and see how we revise and post each others revision things we do so please reply if you are doing any of these :

Maths
    English Lit+Lang
    Triple science
    Business studies
    Psychology
    Geography
    French

I guess thats it xD Tell me when i miss something out but yhh please reply and we can share notes like i will show ma notes i make xD

1)Introduce yourself
    2)What are you taking for GCSE :nyan::sub2:
    3)Post how your revising

Please Tell me if you are doing the same!!!
    Maths, English Lit and Lang,Biology,chemistry,phsyics, and Geography,Spanish,History and Food preparation and Nutrition, and RE

I'm revsing by making notes from lesson and studying topics I don't know, making flashcards, cramming by writing paragraphs over and over again or reading my notes several times over.

-I don't have predicted grades but my personal one is to just do well so that on results day I'm not sad or anything. no B's.
    -After school I don't do anything but revise and then I watch a YouTube video or listen to music for 10 mins before sleeping.
    -Listening to Spanish podcasts when walking.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I am. How about you?
    yh i am soo we cantalk together and see which revison book on the aqa website is better xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mosope17)
    Maths, English Lit and Lang,Biology,chemistry,phsyics, and Geography,Spanish,History and Food preparation and Nutrition, and RE

I'm revsing by making notes from lesson and studying topics I don't know, making flashcards, cramming by writing paragraphs over and over again or reading my notes several times over.

-I don't have predicted grades but my personal one is to just do well so that on results day I'm not sad or anything. no B's.
    -After school I don't do anything but revise and then I watch a YouTube video or listen to music for 10 mins before sleeping.
    -Listening to Spanish podcasts when walking.
    OHHH WOW yow will definitely succeed I KNOW You know Geography are you doing Ed-excel because i am just wondering

ReputationRep:
    yh i am soo we cantalk together and see which revison book on the aqa website is better xD
    Yeah, sure!
    What have you been doing so far during your science classes?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sure!
    What have you been doing so far during your science classes?
    well i we have been doing these:
    Physics: energy
    Chemistry:balancing equations
    Biology: microorganisms and disease
    U? and you got any revision books yet ?xD

ReputationRep:
    well i we have been doing these:
    Physics: energy
    Chemistry:balancing equations
    Biology: microorganisms and disease
    U? and you got any revision books yet ?xD
    I have been doing the same as you in chemistry and physics, in biology my teacher hasn't been in so I've had substitutes and we did active transport with the sub teacher. I haven't bought any revision books yet but hopefully I will soon.

ReputationRep:
    Update 17/09/16

I havent updated for a long time because i just did homeworks and stuff like that so yh so today i looked through the internet to find useful websites i have linked them down on ma thread at the first page
    I also did my maths homework and a memorable psychology A4 page poster about rods and cones

And from today i am just wondering what books to buy for my revsion and you know i am doing triple science so i am just seeing what books to buy because on the AQA board website shows us these books but i dont know which one to buy and which is better so yeah and anyone got any of these books and your opinion which one you think is best ?

Many Thanks xD

These books are for Biology xD

ReputationRep:
    I have been doing the same as you in chemistry and physics, in biology my teacher hasn't been in so I've had substitutes and we did active transport with the sub teacher. I haven't bought any revision books yet but hopefully I will soon.
    Do you have an idea of which book to buy or not yet ? cause i think i do but not completely sure xD

ReputationRep:
    Do you have an idea of which book to buy or not yet ? cause i think i do but not completely sure xD
    Nope, I have no idea at all.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I have no idea at all.
    I have updated what i done yesterday check it out above xD

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking

Maths
    English Lit+Lang
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    History
    Geography
    RS
    Spanish (I regret)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.