• Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    This thread is actually awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swanderfeild)
    So she has a disease which people recover from within few days after having antibiotics, big deal. However for sake of argument lets say she has some super pneumonia which means she'll die after two days in office... we end up with Tim Kaine who is infinitely better than Trump.
    I wouldn't say pneumonia is that frivolous...she is 68 after all.

'In the elderly or people with other lung problems, recovery may take more than 12 weeks. In persons requiring hospitalization, mortality may be as high as 10%, and in those requiring intensive care it may reach 30–50%. Pneumonia is the most common hospital-acquired infection that causes death.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManiaMuse)
    I wouldn't say pneumonia is that frivolous...she is 68 after all.

'In the elderly or people with other lung problems, recovery may take more than 12 weeks. In persons requiring hospitalization, mortality may be as high as 10%, and in those requiring intensive care it may reach 30–50%. Pneumonia is the most common hospital-acquired infection that causes death.'
    True pneumonia is more serious among the elderly, like most diseases but even with those numbers, we're talking about 90% survival rate and normal care for half the people; plus I don't think we can really go by the average rates when it comes to presidential candidates (or really congressmen etc) since they'll obviously get quality of care which surpasses most people's care, certainly people who are unable to afford healthcare at all; and will get that care much earlier than most people.
    But even if this weren't the case, if she's incapacitated we've a reasonable VP who will take over, and if he is incapacitated there's long list of succession candidates all of whom are preferable to trump, so really her health is a non issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Yeah. I wasn't sold by "coughs due to allergies" either.

This is a cover up.
    Agreed. Doesn't explain all the other stuff, too convenient...
    She should just release her medical records...oh wait...she's a woman.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by BasharAssad)
    yes I'm going to pray she dies a slow death, a taste of her own medicine!
    This says mpre about you, than anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Old woman enduring punishing schedule (and it's far more strenuous than the actual President's) gets ill from being run down.

It's hardly the end of the world, nor any indication about someone's fitness to do a job and is only being brought up by people who don't like the woman but don't have any real things to criticise.
    I heard she once had a verruca, how is this woman fit to be POTUS?

ReputationRep:

Pertinent.

ReputationRep:
    and?

FDR had Polio and still managed to be president.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'absurde)
    Agreed. Doesn't explain all the other stuff, too convenient...
    She should just release her medical records...oh wait...she's a woman.
    She should, but why isn't she?

It could put all these "conspiracy theories" to bed instantly - it would help her cause. She should be as transparent as possible, instead of allowing people to second guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Yeah I came back to say this, it's not exactly shocking given her age.

She ain't gonna drop out you lot give it a rest lmao, it's amusing how desperate you are to see Trump win as you know he's not going to win unless he's; the only candidatew.
    You're an idiot if you think Trump has no chance. I bet you're the kind of person who thought the UK leaving the EU was a bad joke too :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Perfect. She gets presidency, dies, and then vice president becomes president who is actually a decent guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    Hillary Clinton has been diagnosed with pneumonia
    "Poisoned by Trump", more like!

ReputationRep:

It could put all these "conspiracy theories" to bed instantly - it would help her cause. She should be as transparent as possible, instead of allowing people to second guess.
    Perhaps she should visit Trumps doctor who claims everything is positive?

ReputationRep:
    Does Trump win if she dies?

ReputationRep:

Because she has something to hide, that's the simplest explanation.

Say she does release them, how would one know if it's her genuine medical record?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyLadDarren)
    Does Trump win if she dies?
    Victory by default

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'absurde)
    Because she has something to hide, that's the simplest explanation.

Say she does release them, how would one know if it's her genuine medical record?
    That's another good point, they'd probably be fake lol

What a joke.

ReputationRep:
    That's another good point, they'd probably be fake lol

What a joke.
    Hmm...that's what I'd be worried about although if they could falsify her record and release them, why haven't they done it?

Forced blood test. :ahee:
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Victory by default
    I'd prefer it if he wins through the actual election. That would be beautiful. The tears.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    This says mpre about you, than anything.
    No sympathy for warlord kilarry kilington, the butcher of libya
    When muammer gadaffi was assasinated by thugs she said 'we came, we saw and he died' followed by her evil laugh, what an evil creature she is!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FmIRYvJQeHM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    It's all very well misrepresenting the argument ("fall on the red button", "same nonsense"), but is it not an expectation that the leader of a country be both mentally and physically competent to do so?
    I don't see why physical health matters that much. It's not a sporting contest. Say the president has epilepsy or has suffered from cancer, what difference would that make? Would Obama not have been able to push for health reform (or whatever) if he had epilepsy or was in a wheelchair? Roosevelt did fine and he was ****ed. It's not like the death or incapacitation of a president might cause the regime to collapse. It's not North Korea. The president will just be replaced if need be. As for mental health, being a psychopath seems to help.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.