Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE PROPHETOR!)
    which 5 universitys (below) would you choose to go to , in order of preference:
    1) Exeter
    2) Reading
    3) Nottingham
    4) Sheffield
    5) Leicester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    1) Exeter
    2) Reading
    3) Nottingham
    4) Sheffield
    5) Leicester
    No Warwick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    No Warwick?
    No because i know nothing about Warwick; it doesn't have a geography course so i haven't researched it or anything, therefore i would not choose to go there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    No because i know nothing about Warwick; it doesn't have a geography course so i haven't researched it or anything, therefore i would not choose to go there
    Fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    1)warwick
    2)notts
    3)manchester
    4)sheffield
    5)bham

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge
    Oxford
    LSE
    Imperial
    Warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY)
    Cambridge
    Oxford
    LSE
    Imperial
    Warwick
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by integral_neo)
    (1) Warwick

the rest can be dumped in the bin
    spot on....haha just kiddin! they all really good for all different courses..
    but warwick number one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE PROPHETOR!)
    hey guys...

just purely out of interest which 5 universitys (below) would you choose to go to , in order of preference:

warwick
    sheffield
    exeter
    nottingham
    manchester
    birmingham
    leicester
    reading

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    Thanks

jay
    1. Warwick
    2. Nottingham
    3. Manchester
    4. Birmingham
    5. Exeter
    6. Sheffiel

Pretty obvious, isn't it?

(Original post by PuffDaddy)
    Pretty obvious, isn't it?
    Not if you want to study Geography.

1)Manchester(Im biased,but it has got a good rep)
    2)Exeter
    3)Warwick
    4)Reading
    5)Nottingham
    6)Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    All those universities are probably equal despite what league tables may say. They all have advantages and disadvantages.
    You just continue convincing yourself of that AT

For me:

1)Warwick (by far the best rep i reckon )...and also i really really liked the place!

2)Nottingham

3) I'd get a job ....seriously though altho the other unis mentioned have a few very good departments, the level is not always so high across all the subjects. The two above certainly stand out from the pack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    You just continue convincing yourself of that AT

For me:

1)Warwick (by far the best rep i reckon )...and also i really really liked the place!

2)Nottingham

3) I'd get a job ....seriously though altho the other unis mentioned have a few very good departments, the level is not always so high across all the subjects. The two above certainly stand out from the pack.
    I wouldn't say the above two completely stand out - all the other unis have brilliant reputations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I wouldn't say the above two completely stand out - all the other unis have brilliant reputations.
    Well they certainly stand out for me

Thinking about it though, if some students were going for a very competitive job (magic circle Law firm or IB perhaps?), I would have thought that the Warwick students are more likely to get interviewed than the Reading or Leicester students, ceteris paribus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    Well they certainly stand out for me

Thinking about it though, if some students were going for a very competitive job (magic circle Law firm or IB perhaps?), I would have thought that the Warwick students are more likely to get interviewed than the Reading or Leicester students, ceteris paribus.
    Maybe, but not necessarily the same for Manchester/Birmingham/Exeter, I would say Manchester has a similar or better reputation than Warwick for law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Maybe, but not necessarily the same for Manchester/Birmingham/Exeter, I would say Manchester has a similar or better reputation than Warwick for law.
    hmm I've always thought Warwick was better than Manchester for law....

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I am considering applying to Warwick and Nottingham, but I think I may favour Warwick of the two. I need to do some open day stuff first though. I don't think id touch the others with a barge pole... Maybe Manchester if and only if I do Physics and cant get in anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    At the moment I am considering applying to Warwick and Nottingham, but I think I may favour Warwick of the two. I need to do some open day stuff first though. I don't think id touch the others with a barge pole... Maybe Manchester if and only if I do Physics and cant get in anywhere else.
    If you can't get in anywhere else you won't be able to get into Manchester unless you have AAB for physics.

ReputationRep:
    I would agree that there is more happening in Manchester than Nottingham, however I would have to disagree with the fact that the city is dull, although it is your opinion. And the campus is definetly great!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btigershark)
    I would agree that there is more happening in Manchester than Nottingham, however I would have to disagree with the fact that the city is dull, although it is your opinion. And the campus is definetly great!!
    Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call the campus pokey... and the nightlife's supposed to be good. I'm sure it must be better than conventry.

That said, I'd love to go to Uni in Manchester, if I wasn't desperate for a change after living there for 18 years.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.