Graduates applying for undergraduate medicine (5 year)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys does anyone know if I was to apply to an undergraduate course would I still need a higher ukcat compared to everyone else?

Or is that only the case when applying to 4 year graduate courses?

Also when we apply for 5 year courses are we compared with other graduates or with everyone else applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eemooz)
    warwick? kings? barts? which entrance exams have you sat?
    Only sat the UKCAT with avg 713. I'm from Scotland so I'm inclined to stay up here but I am considering an English uni atm. I would consider Leicester but unfortunately my school grades werent that great.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I am a graduate applying to Barts (5yr), Barts (4yr), Leicester (5yr) and Dundee (5yr). I have a 2:1 in Human Biology and a MSc (merit) in Pharmacology. UKCAT score average of 653 (total 1960) with band 1 in SJT. Been working the past 2 years as a Clinical Pharmaceutical Scientist for the NHS.
    What do you reckon my chances are... I know already the GEM course at Barts will be a no, but how about the other undergraduate courses? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocoholic20)
    Hi guys does anyone know if I was to apply to an undergraduate course would I still need a higher ukcat compared to everyone else?

Or is that only the case when applying to 4 year graduate courses?

Also when we apply for 5 year courses are we compared with other graduates or with everyone else applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You would need to have a ukcat that meets the cut off for the 5year a100 course. Whether you'll be compared to graduates or everyone depends on the uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain127)
    Only sat the UKCAT with avg 713. I'm from Scotland so I'm inclined to stay up here but I am considering an English uni atm. I would consider Leicester but unfortunately my school grades werent that great.
    Ahhhh I see, TBH I don't know much about unis in Scotland as I'm primarily applying to ones in and around London. Glasgow and Dundee sound good for you though, maybe Newcastle?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whats the cut off for GEM UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veeox)
    Does anyone know whats the cut off for GEM UKCAT?
    It depends on the universities you apply too; they should say it on their websites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    It depends on the universities you apply too; they should say it on their websites
    Ah yes I found it! Thank you

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.