Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Can somebody please recommend a documentary to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    Stole it from you like I stole the land :giggle::giggle::giggle:
    joke's on u - the video has the virus [email protected]' so it will probably self destruct in 3...2..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    Its about the cosmos.Its a tad old though.Neil degrasse tyson recently did the rebooted modern version.I find that not a lot of people are that interested in space and astronomy but each to their own I suppose.
    How is the modern version compared to the original?

ReputationRep:
    Searching for sugar man, hoop dreams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medstudent1010)
    Cowspiracy and Earthlings
    I watched Earthlings. It was a good documentary with useful information but like Vegetated, I felt that it was pushing an agenda onto me. I guess that all documentaries do, in one way or another but it's nice when they're more subtle

ReputationRep:
    I recently watched The Confessions of Thomas Quick, very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeumryn)
    How is the modern version compared to the original?
    I like both.The newer version has more special effects and stuff but the original was like 1980's/1990's so thats to be expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    It was on iPlayer but now it seems to be gone

True, most of the 4od ones are very interesting.
    BBC 2 have made a documentary about British Vogue which I found interesting

Absolutely Fashion: Inside British Vogue, Episode 1: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07v75n4

ReputationRep:
    Behind the music: The notorious B.I.G

ReputationRep:
    I found Salam Neighbour and Living On One Dollar really interesting. They're by the same people. Definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen them. Last I checked they were both on Netflix UK

ReputationRep:
    Murder Rap: Inside the Biggie & Tupac Murders.

RIP.

ReputationRep:
    Earthlings and Cowspiracy

ReputationRep:
    Honestly absolutely anything by Louis Theroux turns out to be some of the best television ever made.

And on iPlayer at the moment called Obesity: the post-mortem. Obviously don't watch this if you don't fancy watching a post-mortem but it's fascinating.

ReputationRep:
    Anything by Louis Theroux tends to be really interesting. He's done a scientology one, some prison ones, even ones about neo-nazis. There's a long list of things he's done so you have a lot of choice depending on what peaks your interest.

ReputationRep:
    And a second after posting i realise the person before me already said this, oops haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amynadia0033)
    And a second after posting i realise the person before me already said this, oops haha
    Don't worry about it. I think I will watch those next (just finished Girls of the Taliban).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VMD100)
    Honestly absolutely anything by Louis Theroux turns out to be some of the best television ever made.

And on iPlayer at the moment called Obesity: the post-mortem. Obviously don't watch this if you don't fancy watching a post-mortem but it's fascinating.
    Health documentaries are often pretty good too. Louis Theroux it is

ReputationRep:
    Best Documentaries ever:

Blackfish
    The Internets Own Boy
    Requiem for the American Dream
    Cowspiracy
    Any Michael Moore

Please watch these they are amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Awakener)
    Best Documentaries ever:

Blackfish
    The Internets Own Boy
    Requiem for the American Dream
    Cowspiracy
    Any Michael Moore

Please watch these they are amazing!
    I have watched some Michael Moore documentaries and my former housemate told me about Blackfish. Sounds like something to watch after I delve into the world of Louis Theroux

ReputationRep:
    Discovery channels have the best doccies

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you watched Planet earth?

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.