HMRC Tax Professional Caseworker Provisional Offer

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    So, unlike many of you I did have an interview for this post in the Cardiff office. The interview itself was on the 16/8 (when you guys seemed to have got your offers)
    Provisional offer was made on 9/9 where I was immediately able to send off references, medical and DBS and still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NicolaClaire)
    Im not sure if anyone has a start date yet, if you do let us know! I'm going in tomorrow for ID verification etc. I don't know anything about the DBS or medical questionnaire yet, hopefully i'll find out soon.
    When you go in, could you ask them when the estimated start date would be? I was thinking of ringing up to find out, as originally it was beginning of November but that is starting to get worrying close when notices have to be handed in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattB89)
    When you go in, could you ask them when the estimated start date would be? I was thinking of ringing up to find out, as originally it was beginning of November but that is starting to get worrying close when notices have to be handed in!
    Yeah no worries, I'll ask tomorrow. Don't hold your breath though, it's looking likely that different offices will have completely different start dates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattB89)
    I asked today, they couldn't give me an exact date because it wasn't actually HR dealing with it, they had passed it off to another sector and had hardly given them ny information. They told me today that they reckon it's gonna be late October/November. Apparently they want people in the job by December so it should be some time in the next few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I attended the verification centre to give in ID and qualifications a fortnight ago, I then had to fill in the DBS check online and also a health check declaration. Since then I have also had to go through an Access NI check (basically the DBS but for people living in Northern Ireland) and just two days ago received a letter from some sort of independent Occupational Health Company which made me go to their website and fill in another medical questionnaire! So things seem to be moving along but still nothing regarding a possible start date. I posted the Access NI criminal record check off to them on Monday just past, I think it is the last thing before a formal job offer!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marko657)
    I attended the verification centre to give in ID and qualifications a fortnight ago, I then had to fill in the DBS check online and also a health check declaration. Since then I have also had to go through an Access NI check (basically the DBS but for people living in Northern Ireland) and just two days ago received a letter from some sort of independent Occupational Health Company which made me go to their website and fill in another medical questionnaire! So things seem to be moving along but still nothing regarding a possible start date. I posted the Access NI criminal record check off to them on Monday just past, I think it is the last thing before a formal job offer!!!!
    Yeah that was the impression I got. The guy I spoke to said HR are processing the ID stuff at the moment and once mine has been processed I should get the medical questionnaire and the BDS consent. Then after that you pretty much just wait until you get your office and start date.

ReputationRep:
    I've still had zero contact with them since getting a provisional offer on August 16th. My role is in Portsmouth. Should I be worrying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jb33g12)
    I've still had zero contact with them since getting a provisional offer on August 16th. My role is in Portsmouth. Should I be worrying?
    I would probably drop them an email - most people who received a provisional offer on this date seem to have done ID verification and DBS/Health declaration forms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkiOxley)
    I would probably drop them an email - most people who received a provisional offer on this date seem to have done ID verification and DBS/Health declaration forms.
    I emailed [email protected] about a month ago and they replied with a stock answer about how checks take 20 days. Theyve not replied to another email I sent about a week ago.

Do you know of another email or contact I can use?

ReputationRep:
    It's crazy that no-one has spoken to an actual person about these offers. I have tried and tried! I too have got to the stage of sending off the CRB check details and filling in a second health questionnaire. I have applied for alternative working hours but haven't heard back from them re this either.

Has anyone managed to find out any more about the actual job role? Other than the short paragraph in the job advert?

Lea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jb33g12)
    I've only just done the ID verification and I've still heard nothing about the DBS/medical questionnaire, so I wouldn't worry too much. As I said before it's not actually HR dealing with this, they've passed it off to other offices who obviously have their own work to do. Try calling Euston tower and asking to be put through to HMRC, they might be able to give you some info or put you in touch with the people handling it in Portsmouth.

ReputationRep:
    I've been for the ID verification at Liverpool today (for CSR/2066/15 campaign) and they said they'd seen 30 of us today. When I asked how soon to expect a formal offer, the guy basically said that even when the pre-employment checks are done, don't expect a formal offer right away....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dagoro1)
    I've been for the ID verification at Liverpool today (for CSR/2066/15 campaign) and they said they'd seen 30 of us today. When I asked how soon to expect a formal offer, the guy basically said that even when the pre-employment checks are done, don't expect a formal offer right away....
    Yeah that's correct. I got email to confirm checks passed on 28th September but still awaiting a start date for Glasgow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dagoro1)
    apparently theres not enough desks 8)*

ReputationRep:
    I've just phoned them up today, they said on the phone the start date is now looking mid to end of November rather than beginning. Hope this helps some people

ReputationRep:
    Iv applied for the job in Cardiff and received a formal offer with a start date of 14th November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollycolee)
    Iv applied for the job in Cardiff and received a formal offer with a start date of 14th November
    Congrats! Which campaign did you apply through?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NMP16)
    Congrats! Which campaign did you apply through?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you meanby campaign sorry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollycolee)
    What do you meanby campaign sorry?
    There have been a number of ads that the jobs seem to be being offered for at the minute- HO from February or June, some are from earlier HO/EO and some who weren't accepted into the graduate scheme but have had offers for EO/HO. Just wondering which one you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.