Kyx Football League Version 1

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Shall we have a drugs re-test?
    Yes
    80.00%
    No
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Matchday 1
    Cirith Ungol FC have a bye this round. Aradriel Farngold has an extra matchday to get his players fit for matchday 2. As a result of this bye, they receive no points or goal difference.

Matrix FC 0 - 2 BBK United
    Matrix and her team got off to a poor start in this match, conceding the first goal after 27 minutes. The second goal came in the 42nd minute, pretty much killing the game off before half-time. Skepta said of his team: 'they put in a good performance, but after the break they lost concentration. We were lucky not to have conceded, but unlucky not to have scored a third when Lucas Graziano hit the crossbar in the 74th minute.' Matrix was not available for comment.

Eterna FC 3-1 Vatican Athletic
    It looked like this game was heading for a draw when it was 1-1 at half-time. But Joseph and his team were awarded the three points after Harry Pane sent the opposition goalkeeper the wrong way from the penalty spot, not long after Vatican Athletic hit the crossbar from a free-kick. Joseph seemed very pleased with the win, jumping up and down in celebration after the final whistle had been blown

Spotify FC 3 - 1 Egg United
    Spotify FC dominated this match since the first minute. In the fifth minute, David Beerola scored a stunning strike from 35 yards, before adding a second with a low placed shot that just crawled under the keeper. Official Loser commented that the third goal should have been disallowed for offside, and that if that had happened, his team could have won. Replays have shown that the goal was not offside.

The Dairy Best 4 - 0 Koala United
    Nothing much to say. The scoreline says it all.

League Table:

:king1: The Dairy Best, GD +4, Pts 3
    :king2: BBK United, GD +2, Pts 3
    :king3: Spotify FC, GD +2, Pts 3
    4th Eterna FC, GD +2, Pts 3
    5th Cirith Ungol FC, GD 0, Pts 0
    6th Egg United FC, GD -2, Pts 0
    7th Matrix FC, GD -2, Pts 0
    8th Vatican Athletic, GD -2, Pts 0
    9th Koala United, GD -4, Pts 0
    A poor start to the season and I apologise to the fans. Sloppy defending, poor goalkeeping and ancient attackers cost us the game. That said, we were up against one of the best teams in the league and hopefully we can secure a few players on loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    A poor start to the season and I apologise to the fans. Sloppy defending, poor goalkeeping and ancient attackers cost us the game. That said, we were up against one of the best teams in the league and hopefully we can secure a few players on loan.
    Against one of the best teams:yep:
    Good luck for next time! :crossedf:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    X
    Amazing Stuff! Here's a segment from Official Loser's managerial speech in a press conference this afternoon:

"I am relatively happy with the squads performance itself yesterday. Obviously, going up against a team like Spotify United was never going to be easy; we've got a few things to work on, but obviously, we try and win every game we play and I'm looking forward to the next match against The Dairy Best; again gonna be a tough game, won't be easy but we try and win every game and we're ready for it I think."

ReputationRep:
    Matchday 2
    Koala United have a bye this round. There points and goal difference remain the same.

Egg United 3 - 1 The Dairy Best
    Egg United raced to a 2-0 lead just before half time, and also managed to hit the crossbar. The Dairy Best hit the crossbar twice in 5 minutes, and eventually scored via a deflected David Cossta shot. Unfortunately for them, the two goal lead was restored in injury time to allocate all three points to the home side. "This was a very much needed victory for our team, given our precarious position in the table" commented Official Loser. "Our target is to turn The Bin into a fortress" he added.

Vatican Athletic 2 - 1 Spotify FC
    Another exam[ple of a team at the bottom of the table playing a team in the top half at home, and gaining a victory, This was a very close match, with Leonardo Neat chipping the ball over the opposition goalie to open the scoring. 3 minites later, the score was 1-1, with Chris Naldo slotting the ball under the 'keeper. Naldo then had a penalty saved by Leo Joa, before Vatican Athletic score what would turn out to be the winner, Leonardo Neat nutmegging the 'keeper.

BBK United 2 - 2 Eterna FC
    This was a thrilling game, unfortunately tainted by some shocking referee decisions. BBK United took the lead, before Eterna FC Levelled the socre after 43 minutes. The second half got off to a slow start, with Eterna FC making it 1-2 after 83 minutes, only for BBK United to equalise after 86 minutes. "An enthralling match, but I don't see how the referee did not give a penalty when George Ujoo was pulled down in the area with the score still at 0-0. And he waved play on when the goalie, Sam Osprey, was injured. Shocking."

Cirith Ungol FC 2 - 1 Matrix FC
    Aradriel Farngold seemed very agitated when his team went 1-0 down after just 12 minutes, but his team responded, socirng in the 34th and the 72nd minute to earn his team a 100% record.

League Table:
    BBK United, GD +2, Pts 4
    Eterna FC, GD +2, Pts 4
    The Dairy Best, GD +2, Pts 3
    4th Cirith Ungol FC, GD +1, Pts 3
    5th Spotify FC, GD +1, Pts 3
    6th Egg United FC, GD 0, Pts 3
    7th Vatican Athletic, GD -1, Pts 3
    8th Matrix FC, GD -3, Pts 0

ReputationRep:
    Matchday 3
    Matrix FC have a bye this round. Matrix has said that she aims to use this round to reinforce her ideas in the players' heads.

Eterna FC 3 - 0 Cirith Ungol FC
    Eterna FC thoroughly deserved the victory, and Aradriel Farngold and his team are lucky not to have conceded more. Very poor up front, and even more so in defense. "I am very disappointed with the team today, and their performance as a whole." Said Aradriel after the match. The fact that we conceded the first goal in both of our matches shows that the defensive structure is the place where we should concentrate most of our efforts. Joseph, however, seems completely buoyed by his teams unbeaten record. "We had a thrilling draw against BBK United, to move into second place, and hopefully this result will be enough to go top. A clean sheet is always good, too."

Spotify FC 3 - 2 BBK United
    Mr Spotify was completely enthralled in this match at half time, telling his players to keep playing the way they were at half time. They took the lead in the 5th minute, only for BBK United to equalise in the 12th minute, before restoring their lead in the 27th minute, and extending it in the 34th minute. "I am disappointed my players didn't respond the way I wanted them to in the second half. I was really looking forward to seeing my team score more goals, but I guess the victory should be enough for the fans."

The Dairy Best 2 - 1 Vatican Athletic
    The half time result was 0-1, with the away side lucky to score a scuffed shot, just about in off the crossbar. Lord Cheesus managed to rally his troops at half time, scoring an equaliser and then the winner, all within the fist 10 minutes of the restart. Pope Francis expressed disappointment at letting the lead slip. "We worked hard on the training ground, score an, albeit lucky, goal, but we should have kept possession and played for the win. That's what cost us today."

Koala United 3 - 1 Egg United
    Thoroughly deserved victory for Koala United, Arch-Duke Bruce's new tactic seeming to work wonders on the pitch. A little bit unlucky to concede the goal, but they didn't lose their heads. They also hit the crossbar with a Jaan Matt penalty.

League Table
    Eterna FC, GD +5, Pts 7
    The Dairy Best, GD +3, Pts 6
    Spotify FC, GD +2, Pts 6
    4th BBK United, GD +1, Pts 4
    5th Cirith Ungol FC, GD -2, Pts 3
    6th Egg United FC, GD -2, Pts 3
    7th Koala United, GD -2, Pts 3
    8th Vatican Athletic, GD -2, Pts 3
    9th Matrix FC, GD -3, Pts 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Amazing Stuff! Here's a segment from Official Loser's managerial speech in a press conference this afternoon:

"I am relatively happy with the squads performance itself yesterday. Obviously, going up against a team like Spotify United was never going to be easy; we've got a few things to work on, but obviously, we try and win every game we play and I'm looking forward to the next match against The Dairy Best; again gonna be a tough game, won't be easy but we try and win every game and we're ready for it I think."
    We will crush you
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Matchday 2
    Koala United have a bye this round. There points and goal difference remain the same.

Egg United raced to a 2-0 lead just before half time, and also managed to hit the crossbar. The Dairy Best hit the crossbar twice in 5 minutes, and eventually scored via a deflected David Cossta shot. Unfortunately for them, the two goal lead was restored in injury time to allocate all three points to the home side. "This was a very much needed victory for our team, given our precarious position in the table" commented Official Loser. "Our target is to turn The Bin into a fortress" he added.

Vatican Athletic 2 - 1 Spotify FC
    Another exam[ple of a team at the bottom of the table playing a team in the top half at home, and gaining a victory, This was a very close match, with Leonardo Neat chipping the ball over the opposition goalie to open the scoring. 3 minites later, the score was 1-1, with Chris Naldo slotting the ball under the 'keeper. Naldo then had a penalty saved by Leo Joa, before Vatican Athletic score what would turn out to be the winner, Leonardo Neat nutmegging the 'keeper.

BBK United 2 - 2 Eterna FC
    This was a thrilling game, unfortunately tainted by some shocking referee decisions. BBK United took the lead, before Eterna FC Levelled the socre after 43 minutes. The second half got off to a slow start, with Eterna FC making it 1-2 after 83 minutes, only for BBK United to equalise after 86 minutes. "An enthralling match, but I don't see how the referee did not give a penalty when George Ujoo was pulled down in the area with the score still at 0-0. And he waved play on when the goalie, Sam Osprey, was injured. Shocking."

Cirith Ungol FC 2 - 1 Matrix FC
    Aradriel Farngold seemed very agitated when his team went 1-0 down after just 12 minutes, but his team responded, socirng in the 34th and the 72nd minute to earn his team a 100% record.

League Table:
    BBK United, GD +2, Pts 4
    Eterna FC, GD +2, Pts 4
    Cmon team :jive:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Matchday 3
    Matrix FC have a bye this round. Matrix has said that she aims to use this round to reinforce her ideas in the players' heads.

Eterna FC thoroughly deserved the victory, and Aradriel Farngold and his team are lucky not to have conceded more. Very poor up front, and even more so in defense. "I am very disappointed with the team today, and their performance as a whole." Said Aradriel after the match. The fact that we conceded the first goal in both of our matches shows that the defensive structure is the place where we should concentrate most of our efforts. Joseph, however, seems completely buoyed by his teams unbeaten record. "We had a thrilling draw against BBK United, to move into second place, and hopefully this result will be enough to go top. A clean sheet is always good, too."

Mr Spotify was completely enthralled in this match at half time, telling his players to keep playing the way they were at half time. They took the lead in the 5th minute, only for BBK United to equalise in the 12th minute, before restoring their lead in the 27th minute, and extending it in the 34th minute. "I am disappointed my players didn't respond the way I wanted them to in the second half. I was really looking forward to seeing my team score more goals, but I guess the victory should be enough for the fans."

The half time result was 0-1, with the away side lucky to score a scuffed shot, just about in off the crossbar. Lord Cheesus managed to rally his troops at half time, scoring an equaliser and then the winner, all within the fist 10 minutes of the restart. Pope Francis expressed disappointment at letting the lead slip. "We worked hard on the training ground, score an, albeit lucky, goal, but we should have kept possession and played for the win. That's what cost us today."

Thoroughly deserved victory for Koala United, Arch-Duke Bruce's new tactic seeming to work wonders on the pitch. A little bit unlucky to concede the goal, but they didn't lose their heads. They also hit the crossbar with a Jaan Matt penalty.

League Table
    Eterna FC, GD +5, Pts 7
    Spotify FC, GD +2, Pts 6
    Lol @ his
    eternaforest, back off, 1st place is mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    x
    We scored 1 goal :woo:
    And yes, hopefully we'll do better next time:yep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Matchday 3

League Table
    Eterna FC, GD +5, Pts 7
    Spotify FC, GD +2, Pts 6
    A good victory for us. A few new loan signings really seems to have lifted the spirits of the team. Our new Dutch striker, Jaan Matt, could be a talisman for us and he definitely deserved to be named Koala United's 'player of the match.' I commend Bruce for his aggressive, counter-attacking 3-4-3 tactic as it has definitely upped the performance of the squad. We face Vatican Athletic in the next game and it promises to be a very exciting and competitive game of football.

Kyx - please can you tag me whenever there is a matchday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Matchday 2
    League Table:
    BBK United, GD +2, Pts 4
    Eterna FC, GD +2, Pts 4
    Official loser's full speech was as follows:
    "I am relatively happy with the squads performance out there today: this was a very much needed victory for our team, given our precarious position in the table. Obviously, going up against a team like The Dairy Best was never going to be easy, so we're very happy with the win today; we've got a few things to work on still, but obviously, we try and win every game we play and I'm looking forward to the next match against Koala United; again gonna be a tough game, they've not played today so they've had more of a chance to prepare, but I hope we can find a way of converting this win into another win next time, won't be easy but we try and win every game and we're ready for it I think. So yeah, I'm pleased with the way things turned out today, our target is to turn The Bin into a fortress, an Eggy fortress. And that's no yolk!"

ReputationRep:
    Official loser's full speech was as follows:
    "I am relatively happy with the squads performance out there today: this was a very much needed victory for our team, given our precarious position in the table. Obviously, going up against a team like The Dairy Best was never going to be easy, so we're very happy with the win today; we've got a few things to work on still, but obviously, we try and win every game we play and I'm looking forward to the next match against Koala United; again gonna be a tough game, they've not played today so they've had more of a chance to prepare, but I hope we can find a way of converting this win into another win next time, won't be easy but we try and win every game and we're ready for it I think. So yeah, I'm pleased with the way things turned out today, our target is to turn The Bin into a fortress, an Eggy fortress. And that's no yolk!"
    You won't get so lucky next time
    ref he drugged our players sooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Matchday 3

League Table
    Eterna FC, GD +5, Pts 7
    Spotify FC, GD +2, Pts 6
    Official losers full speech was as follows:
    "To be honest with you, we were scrambled out there today, and that's no yolk! We were hoping that the win in our previous game would carry us through to another victory here, but the Koalas dominated right from the start. I have to say though, eggy bread in defence was my man of the match! The energy he brought to the side today should serve as an example to the rest of the team of the attitude towards the game that they should have. Obviously, going up against a team like Koala United was never going to be easy; we've got a few things to work on still, but obviously, we try and win every game we play and I'm looking forward to the next match against Vatican Athletic; again gonna be a tough game, but we've got a chance to rest, re-cooperate and re-assess the side. I hope we can find a way of converting this disappointment into a win next time, won't be easy but we try and win every game and we're ready for it I think. But hey, United are a great side and I expect to see them climbing up the table, hopefully alongside Egg United."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    You won't get so lucky next time
    ref he drugged our players sooo
    I would have to refute that allegation as false. Official Loser may be a very stressed man, but he is not a criminal!

ReputationRep:
    Official losers full speech was as follows:
    "To be honest with you, we were scrambled out there today, and that's no yolk! We were hoping that the win in our previous game would carry us through to another victory here, but the Koalas dominated right from the start. I have to say though, eggy bread in defence was my man of the match! The energy he brought to the side today should serve as an example to the rest of the team of the attitude towards the game that they should have. Obviously, going up against a team like Koala United was never going to be easy; we've got a few things to work on still, but obviously, we try and win every game we play and I'm looking forward to the next match against Vatican Athletic; again gonna be a tough game, but we've got a chance to rest, re-cooperate and re-assess the side. I hope we can find a way of converting this disappointment into a win next time, won't be easy but we try and win every game and we're ready for it I think. But hey, United are a great side and I expect to see them climbing up the table, hopefully alongside Egg United."
    I like how you take the time to write such essays and I'm here with one liners like "come on team" :lol:

I would have to refute that allegation as false. Official Loser may be a very stressed man, but he is not a criminal!
    :rofl:Prove it
    REF I demand a drugs test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    I like how you take the time to write such essays and I'm here with one liners like "come on team"

Prove it
    REF I demand a drugs test
    To be honest, I only copied and pasted and changed the specifics - it was an attempt (if, over time, you had noticed) to reveal the transparency of football managers, who are mainly concerned with their wage, which is indicative of the fact that what was a popular sport has descended into a cog in the capitalist machine, a Marxist would argue.

You need to submit a formal request for a drug test, giving reasons to support your suspicion (NOTE: tagging in Kyx might help, as the ref.)

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I only copied and pasted and changed the specifics - it was an attempt (if, over time, you had noticed) to reveal the transparency of football managers, who are mainly concerned with their wage, which is indicative of the fact that what was a popular sport has descended into a cog in the capitalist machine, a Marxist would argue.

You need to submit a formal request for a drug test, giving reasons to support your suspicion (NOTE: tagging in Kyx might help, as the ref.)
    :rofl: True.
    Later. I need to wake up for Orchestra lol

ReputationRep:
    Matchday 4
    Egg United have a bye this round. "Hopefully we won't have to say 'bye' to some of our top players" Official Loser joked.

Vatican Athletic 2 - 1 Koala United
    Vatican Athletic took the lead through a Chris Smith penalty, before a Mattie Yholo free kick levelled the score after 35 minutes. Lionel Biggling was fortunate to score the 73rd minute winner, slipping as he kicked the ball, and it went in off the crossbar.

BBK United 6 - 2 The Dairy Best
    BBK United led the first half 3-1, and they continued their dominance in the second half, with Simon Sipwater hitting the crosbar from the penalty spot. The Dairy Best were definitely the second best today.

Cirith Ungol FC 2 - 1 Spotify FC
    "So proud of the victory at the Stade de Mordor today" said Aradriel Farngold. Cirith Ungol FC took the lead through a nice little chip over the Spotify FC goalie, and nearly doubled the lead when the same goalie cleared the ball of the line. Replays have shown that the ball did, in fact, cross the line. "If we hadn't won, it would be a big deal. It's still a big deal, but not as big as it would have been" Aradriel Farngold continued. Darren Corner hit the crossbar and the post immediately after, and the ball bounced over the line. Mark Aldarken scored the winner in the 92nd minute to ensure all three points go to Mordor!

Matrix FC 8 - 4 Eterna FC
    Poor goalkeeper was the name of the game today, with Eterna FC unlucky not to take the lead when Matrix FC's goalkeeper kicked the ball over the line, but the referee didn't give the goal. Matrix's team went 1-0 up with a nutmeg, before Eterna FC chipped the ball over George Worst. Another nutmeg made it 2-1 to Matrix FC, before Eterna FC hit the crossbar and the rebound was deflected off the goalie and into the net. Another nutmeg made it 3-1, and from there, Matrix FC completely dominated this fluke-y match.

League Table
    BBK United, GD +5, Pts 7
    Eterna FC, GD +1, Pts 7
    Spotify FC, GD +1, Pts 6
    4th Cirith Ungol FC, GD -1, Pts 6
    5th The Dairy Best, GD -1, Pts 6
    6th Vatican Athletic, GD -1, Pts 6
    7th Matrix FC, GD +1, Pts 3
    8th Egg United FC, GD -2, Pts 3
    9th Koala United, GD -3, Pts 3
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Matchday 4
    Egg United have a bye this round. "Hopefully we won't have to say 'bye' to some of our top players" Official Loser joked.

Vatican Athletic 2 - 1 Koala United
    Vatican Athletic took the lead through a Chris Smith penalty, before a Mattie Yholo free kick levelled the score after 35 minutes. Lionel Biggling was fortunate to score the 73rd minute winner, slipping as he kicked the ball, and it went in off the crossbar.

BBK United 6 - 2 The Dairy Best
    BBK United led the first half 3-1, and they continued their dominance in the second half, with Simon Sipwater hitting the crosbar from the penalty spot. The Dairy Best were definitely the second best today.

Cirith Ungol FC 2 - 1 Spotify FC
    "So proud of the victory at the Stade de Mordor today" said Aradriel Farngold. Cirith Ungol FC took the lead through a nice little chip over the Spotify FC goalie, and nearly doubled the lead when the same goalie cleared the ball of the line. Replays have shown that the ball did, in fact, cross the line. "If we hadn't won, it would be a big deal. It's still a big deal, but not as big as it would have been" Aradriel Farngold continued. Darren Corner hit the crossbar and the post immediately after, and the ball bounced over the line. Mark Aldarken scored the winner in the 92nd minute to ensure all three points go to Mordor!

Matrix FC 8 - 4 Eterna FC
    Poor goalkeeper was the name of the game today, with Eterna FC unlucky not to take the lead when Matrix FC's goalkeeper kicked the ball over the line, but the referee didn't give the goal. Matrix's team went 1-0 up with a nutmeg, before Eterna FC chipped the ball over George Worst. Another nutmeg made it 2-1 to Matrix FC, before Eterna FC hit the crossbar and the rebound was deflected off the goalie and into the net. Another nutmeg made it 3-1, and from there, Matrix FC completely dominated this fluke-y match.

League Table
    BBK United, GD +5, Pts 7
    Eterna FC, GD +1, Pts 7
    Spotify FC, GD +1, Pts 6
    4th Cirith Ungol FC, GD -1, Pts 6
    5th The Dairy Best, GD -1, Pts 6
    6th Vatican Athletic, GD -1, Pts 6
    7th Matrix FC, GD +1, Pts 3
    8th Egg United FC, GD -2, Pts 3
    9th Koala United, GD -3, Pts 3
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I thought we played well today; had good spells of possession and put together some quality pieces of play. However, Vatican had the killer bite which we lacked and they deserved all 3 points. We're obviously not where we want to be in the table and we've got some tough matches coming up. We'll have to hope that luck is on our side once again.

ReputationRep:
    League Cup
    It's cup time, and we start at the quarter final stage. Each team will have a chance to play home and away in this two-legged affair. In between, there will be a much called for drugs test, to make sure there are no cheaters. All nine teams have their names in the hat, but only eight will be taken out. The nine teams are as follows:

BBK United
    Eterna FC
    Spotify FC
    Cirith Ungol FC
    The Dairy Best
    Vatican Athletic
    Matrix FC
    Egg United FC
    Koala United

First Leg:
    Spotify FC 6 - 0 Eterna FC
    A completely dominant display from Spotify FC, leading 4-0 at half time. Eterna FC looked like they lost on purpose, but they still have the second leg to try to turn this around. If they want to, of course.

Egg United FC 5 - 2 BBK United
    3-2 at half time, the fifth goal for Egg United was narrowly the best, a Liam Cannolly shot from 35 yards out cannoning in off the post. From then on, there was no doubt about this result.

Matrix FC 2 - 0 The Dairy Best
    Matrix FC had a solid game, and they are the early favourites to win the cup after this performance.

Vatican Athletic 5 - 0 Koala United
    Jaan Matt was wondering why he had been on the sub's bench for this match, but he came on at half time with the score at 3-0. He had a chance late on, but his scuffed penalty was saved.

Cirith Ungol FC have not qualified.

Drugs testing results:
    BBK United - passed
    Eterna FC - passed
    Spotify FC - passed
    Cirith Ungol FC - passed
    The Dairy Best - passed
    Vatican Athletic - passed
    Matrix FC - passed
    Egg United FC - passed
    Koala United - passed
    All teams have passed, and therefore no punishments shall be awarded.
    Note that all teams can request up a vote for a re-test. There can be a maximum of three re-tests per seasons. There must be a vote for a re-test, and more than 50% of the teams must have voted for the re-test. Only the results from the last test will be valid.

Second leg
    Eterna FC 2 - 5 Spotify FC
    Aggregate: Spotify FC win 11 - 2
    Spotify FC continued their dominance over Eterna FC in the second leg. Two late, lucky goals were the only downsides to Mr Spotify.

BBK United 2 - 2 Egg United
    Aggregate: Egg United win 7 - 4
    This game was close, with BBK United taking the lead twice, only for the opposition to score due to sloppy defending.

The Dairy Best 1 - 2 Matrix FC
    Aggregate: Matrix FC win 4 -1
    The Dairy Best took the early lead, but two goals from Leo Meer clinched Matrix FC a semi-final place.

Koala United 4 - 3 Vatican Athletic
    Aggregate: Vatican Athletic win 8 - 4
    Jaan Matt was back in the starting XI for this game, and you can tell. He scored all 4 goals, but again he missed a penalty.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    League Cup
    It's cup time, and we start at the quarter final stage. Each team will have a chance to play home and away in this two-legged affair. In between, there will be a much called for drugs test, to make sure there are no cheaters. All nine teams have their names in the hat, but only eight will be taken out. The nine teams are as follows:

BBK United
    Eterna FC
    Spotify FC
    Cirith Ungol FC
    The Dairy Best
    Vatican Athletic
    Matrix FC
    Egg United FC
    Koala United

First Leg:
    A completely dominant display from Spotify FC, leading 4-0 at half time. Eterna FC looked like they lost on purpose, but they still have the second leg to try to turn this around. If they want to, of course.

3-2 at half time, the fifth goal for Egg United was narrowly the best, a Liam Cannolly shot from 35 yards out cannoning in off the post. From then on, there was no doubt about this result.

Matrix FC had a solid game, and they are the early favourites to win the cup after this performance.

Jaan Matt was wondering why he had been on the sub's bench for this match, but he came on at half time with the score at 3-0. He had a chance late on, but his scuffed penalty was saved.

Drugs testing results:
    BBK United - passed
    Eterna FC - passed
    Spotify FC - passed
    Cirith Ungol FC - passed
    The Dairy Best - passed
    Matrix FC - passed
    Egg United FC - passed
    Koala United - passed
    Note that all teams can request up a vote for a re-test. There can be a maximum of three re-tests per seasons. There must be a vote for a re-test, and more than 50% of the teams must have voted for the re-test. Only the results from the last test will be valid.

Second leg
    Spotify FC continued their dominance over Eterna FC in the second leg. Two late, lucky goals were the only downsides to Mr Spotify.

Aggregate: Egg United win 7 - 2
    This game was close, with BBK United taking the lead twice, only for the opposition to score due to sloppy defending.

The Dairy Best took the early lead, but two goals from Leo Meer clinched Matrix FC a semi-final place.

Jaan Matt was back in the starting XI for this game, and you can tell. He scores all 4 goals, but again he missed a penalty.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's a shame to go out of the cup but it gives us more of a chance to concentrate on the league. Jaan Matt is a big fish in a small pond and we will do everything to hang on to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    League Cup

BBK United
    Eterna FC
    Spotify FC
    Cirith Ungol FC
    The Dairy Best
    Vatican Athletic
    Matrix FC
    Egg United FC
    Koala United

First Leg:

Drugs testing results:
    BBK United - passed
    Eterna FC - passed
    Spotify FC - passed
    Cirith Ungol FC - passed
    The Dairy Best - passed
    Matrix FC - passed
    Egg United FC - passed
    Koala United - passed

Second leg

Aggregate: Egg United win 7 - 2

Jaan Matt was back in the starting XI for this game, and you can tell. He scored all 4 goals, but again he missed a penalty.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    how did we lose!?!?!?!And how much were you bribed to fix those results Kyx ? :holmes: :mmm:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.