Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is eating animals okay, but not humans? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    No, read properly.

What I said: There is no objective answer to this question because vegetarians will insist they are right and meat eaters don't give a ****.

Let me break that sentence for you so you can understand. Meat eaters don't give a **** how animals are killed. Vegetarians think they are right all the time. Both ideologies are subjective and no "right" answer can be drawn from the question.

So out of that sentence please point where I said it's irrelevant because meat eaters don't care. I am pointing out that there is no right answer, but instead you present a straw man to the argument and imply that I said that it's okay for animals to be killed.

You are also comparing two completely different things and in the wrong context. You are comparing the killing of humans for food to the bombing of a city during the war.

Try again.
    The vegetarian community is putting forth an argument (which is correct, but let's ignore that for the moment).

Meat eaters have no correct defence to this argument and have the cheap cop out of I don't care.

You're saying because one party doesn't care, there is no right answer by default. That is like going to Court, the Prosecution putting its side across, the Defence saying it doesn't care, and the judge having the case thrown out, because there is no right answer because one party doesn't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    The vegetarian community is putting forth an argument (which is correct, but let's ignore that for the moment).

Meat eaters have no correct defence to this argument and have the cheap cop out of I don't care.

You're saying because one party doesn't care, their is no right answer by default. That is like going to Court, the Prosecution putting its side across, the Defence saying it doesn't care, and the judge having the case thrown out, because there is no right answer because one party doesn't care.
    'BUT BUT THE MEAT TASTE GOOD SO THAT MEANS ITS OK TO TORTURE ANIMALS':rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sough38)
    'BUT BUT THE MEAT TASTE GOOD SO THAT MEANS ITS OK TO TORTURE ANIMALS':rolleyes:
    Exactly, that's the spirit!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

You're saying because one party doesn't care, their is no right answer by default. That is like going to Court, the Prosecution putting its side across, the Defence saying it doesn't care, and the judge having the case thrown out, because there is no right answer because one party doesn't care.
    There was never an argument to begin with and now I will end it.

There is no right answer by default because the vegetarian community puts forth an argument that is based on opinion and in this argument you have failed to produce any evidence that makes your argument somewhat credible. Your evidence in this case involves comparing the killing of animals to the bombing of Nagasaki and slavery are taken completely out of context. Those situations in which people were killed in different circumstances to that of killing animals for food. I never made any assumptions at all, that was you presenting a straw man to this argument, of which I could not let slide.

"No correct defense" is still subjective and not valid evidence. Nevertheless, that does not automatically present a win to the vegetarian community, nor does it make your argument more credible than the meat eaters argument. Your idea of counter argument is to use false comparisons and is not valid evidence, which in itself is a "cheap cop out" by my standard.

Good day sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    There was never an argument to begin with and now I will end it.

There is no right answer by default because the vegetarian community puts forth an argument that is based on opinion and in this argument you have failed to produce any evidence that makes your argument somewhat credible. Your evidence in this case involves comparing the killing of animals to the bombing of Nagasaki and slavery are taken completely out of context. Those situations in which people were killed in different circumstances to that of killing animals for food. I never made any assumptions at all, that was you presenting a straw man to this argument, of which I could not let slide.

"No correct defense" is still subjective and not valid evidence. Nevertheless, that does not automatically present a win to the vegetarian community, nor does it make your argument more credible than the meat eaters argument. Your idea of counter argument is to use false comparisons and is not valid evidence, which in itself is a "cheap cop out" by my standard.

Good day sir.
    In the Bible it says Thou Shalt Not Kill

ReputationRep:
    Why do we draw the distinction between the meat from a dead, decaying animal, and a dead, decaying human?
    Seems like someone has discovered Hannibal

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to become the next Hannibal? :holmes:

You should visit Nigeria they eat human meat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonlightblues)
    We are carnivores, not cannibals.
    Not carnivores actually, we don't survive solely off meat – we'd get really sick. Most people are omnivores, and if you're vegetarian/vegan you're a herbivore

ReputationRep:
    Do vegetarians object to say a lion ripping a zebra to pieces? Eating it alive? Because that is the reality of nature. Unless you're gullible enough to believe every word of PETA et al (who have been proven to lie and manipulate multiple times for gain) farms on the whole are not bad places and those that run them genuinely do care for the animals. There are many qualified veterinary surgeons out there working solely in large/farm animal practices. Do you really think they would go through the hassle of applying to vet school, studying for 5 years and graduating just to support animal cruelty? Especially when working in equine, small animal and in some cases research is far more profitable?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there are many problems you would face by eating human eg disease. Also I'm sure even in the animal kningdom, few animals eat their own kind (some do however).

ReputationRep:
    Why do we draw the distinction between the meat from a dead, decaying animal, and a dead, decaying human?
    You really should not be eating decaying animals. You'll get sick
    You also, should not be eating humans. Again, you'll get sick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    You really should not be eating decaying animals. You'll get sick
    You also, should not be eating humans. Again, you'll get sick
    Aren't we all decaying sacks of living matter :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hateme)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "decaying" and "living" is a bit of an oxymoron there!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "Decaying" and "Living" is an oxymoron :P

ReputationRep:
    Go to sleep you ****ing idiot.

ReputationRep:
    "decaying" and "living" is a bit of an oxymoron there!
    But we kinda are decaying were shedding old cells constantly, cells are dying and so on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But we kinda are decaying were shedding old cells constantly, cells are dying and so on

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Decay is when parasites/bacteria eat away at tissue because it's been dead for so long

It's not shedding of skin or recycling of old cells

ReputationRep:
    Decay is when parasites/bacteria eat away at tissue because it's been dead for so long

It's not shedding of skin or recycling of old cells
    Okayyyyy i did only get a C at a level biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okayyyyy i did only get a C at a level biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sorry, the pedantic in me hatches whenever biology is brought up

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, the pedantic in me hatches whenever biology is brought up
    Very interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.