Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm an Apple Genius in London whilst studying at uni... AMA! Watch

Announcements
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mulberry1)
    Most annoying customer?
    Customer who got the most upset when you couldn't fix something- like you said, "dead relative"?
    Some guy who refused to accept the fact that his iPhone 6 plus (that had the new aluminium casing that stopped "bendgate") and bent at like a 10 degree angle wouldn't be replaced under warranty. He said that having it in his back pocket and sitting on it forcefully didn't constitute as "accidental damage" (meaning it wouldn't be covered under warranty)... Claiming that it should be able to withstand the force created between that of a 15 stone+ man and a chair lol.

On the other hand, I had an elderly woman who thought she'd lost all of her eCards for Xmas lost after her Macbook lost connection whilst sending them to her family and friends... they were in her drafts...

(Original post by Vividly clear)
    How did your application process go
    How old are you
    What prior experience did you have
    What uni are you studying in?
    21, no prior experience aside from working in a national clothing shop part time, UOL

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Have you watched the documentary: Resonance - Beings of Frequency?
    No, but I might do tonight before I go to sleep :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carthaginian)
    ITT: Apple idiots who haven't joined the /g/-master race yet.

God-tier: Windows
    Meh-tier: Android-x86, Linux Gentoo, Kali, SkyOS
    Crap-tier: macOS, ChromeOS
    Deluded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vividly clear)
    Deluded
    Damn, I bet you're enjoying your """powerful""" editing there, """""retina""""" display,"""customisability""" and """"gaming"""".

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...rimary_content ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SP0TIFY)
    No, but I might do tonight before I go to sleep :P
    Good call, might make you take more care of your sleeping environment, at least, given what the film makers cover concerning melatonin towards the end! :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    how can i replace the batteries in my ipod shuffle ?

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify, the adapter actually comes with the new iPhone. But yeah, I think your points are also pretty good. I'm trying to find an article/Quora answer for you that actually swayed me from thinking it was a bad idea/way to generate lots more revenue* to being of the opinion that it's a step in the right direction, even if it is against popular opinion. If I can find it I'll quote you again linking it

*obviously it helps Apple generate a bit more money with regards to licensing new headphones using the lightning connector etc... but this will have a small impact on total revenues
    $130 for headphone. no thank you, ill buy an adpater and plug it in that way.

ReputationRep:
    Actually scrap that idea, I am buying a samsung s7 over the iPhone.

ReputationRep:
    WHY HAS iOS 10 BROKEN MY iPHONE 6
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    how can i replace the batteries in my ipod shuffle ?
    A brand new iPod shuffle now costs £49 directly from the Apple webstore. This might actually be the easier/cheaper/simpler option for you instead of changing the battery, which is time consuming, also costs money and isn't guaranteed to work.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    WHY HAS iOS 10 BROKEN MY iPHONE 6
    What's wrong with it? I'm running it on a 6S Plus and the only issue I have is an intermittent glitch where my phone sticks in landscape mode for a second or two longer than it should, though I'm sure this will be patched in the next week or so...

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with it? I'm running it on a 6S Plus and the only issue I have is an intermittent glitch where my phone sticks in landscape mode for a second or two longer than it should, though I'm sure this will be patched in the next week or so...
    It has made my phone unbelievably laggy and it completely deleted facebook off of my app, and then won't even let me download it back onto my phone.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any people who work for Apple don't like Apple? and do they show it?

ReputationRep:
    How can I get my iPad Pro replaced under warranty without there being a serious fault? Thanks in advance

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.