Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see the Lib Dems win an election this time round. We know the tories and Labour just end up making the same mistakes in the end anyway...and the Lib Dems have some interesting ideas. (They'd eventually fall into the same trap as Labour/Conservative, but we could at least give them a go. After all, they're the only ones who have been honest enough to admit that taxes would go up if they were in power , unlike L/C who play an elaborate little skirting-round-the-issue game at the very mention of the subject).

But politics pisses me off anyway. And it's not as if the public are ever grateful either. I mean, Tony Blair's not exactly the bees knees right now, but he has managed to keep the British Economy the strongest it's been in a long time, and <how surprising> gets absolutely no credit for it, because everybody's still far too bust ****ging him off for Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    People should just forget about parties and vote for people instead, then wed end up with a decent government.

ReputationRep:
    Rite thats it. I am mad :mad: . Who is the clown who gave me neg rep for saying I would vote for the greens . Come on own up ................................ ...................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    I'd like to see the Lib Dems win an election this time round. We know the tories and Labour just end up making the same mistakes in the end anyway...and the Lib Dems have some interesting ideas. (They'd eventually fall into the same trap as Labour/Conservative, but we could at least give them a go. After all, they're the only ones who have been honest enough to admit that taxes would go up if they were in power , unlike L/C who play an elaborate little skirting-round-the-issue game at the very mention of the subject).
    We would know what we're getting I guess you could say. They could fundamentally change constitutional issues which may have an effect for the future at Westminster, whether they are in power or otherwise.

They may also end up doing better things when and if they are in power which could arguably compensate for the tax increase.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.