Recommend Some Anime's PLEASE

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Well if you want some good anime, prepare yourself monster is a great anime being above 50 episodes its a fantastic psychological anime, another psychological show is Kaiji ultimate survivor being a master piece and Cowboy bebop is a great classic, infinite ryvious is another gem, ghost in the shell stand alone complex is hyper dense. Movies, ghibli is fantastic, summer wars is good and perfect blue is a must.
    An for crushing nihilism when you wan't to go swinging in the void Texhnolyze will give you what you need and those are just some great shows enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurtfulHarold)
    Naruto: easily the best anime I've watched hands down. Nothing even comes close to it so do yourself a favour and watch it, NOW!
    Wow thats some nice irony

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by averageperson352)
    Wow thats some nice irony
    Wasn't being ironic there: I genuinely believe it's the best anime.

ReputationRep:
    Blue Exorcist.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't being ironic there: I genuinely believe it's the best anime.
    I know I mean the fillers and the ninjas just make it a 10/10.

ReputationRep:
    I know I mean the fillers and the ninjas just make it a 10/10.
    I don't want to go into why I believe it's the best it just is. If I were to explain myself I could produce too much which would be too much effort to read.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to go into why I believe it's the best it just is. If I were to explain myself I could produce too much which would be too much effort to read.
    Its ok I love reading, plus I'm interested in your viewpoint

ReputationRep:
    Its ok I love reading, plus I'm interested in your viewpoint
    The predominant selling point is Naruto as a character: he's inadequate, clumsy and foolish. Yet, his unbelievable drive to prove himself to everybody is so inspiring that he is instantly likeable. He's a lovely ray of hope and he stands for everything positive, he absolutely doesn't let anything get him down for too long which is truly inspiring, considering the pain he's suffered throughout his life. Ultimately, he's just an amazingly well written character, it's definitely a brilliant story.

ReputationRep:
    The predominant selling point is Naruto as a character: he's inadequate, clumsy and foolish. Yet, his unbelievable drive to prove himself to everybody is so inspiring that he is instantly likeable. He's a lovely ray of hope and he stands for everything positive, he absolutely doesn't let anything get him down for too long which is truly inspiring, considering the pain he's suffered throughout his life. Ultimately, he's just an amazingly well written character, it's definitely a brilliant story.

I agree that he is a well written character and we as the audience like him because in a way we are like the side characters in that show, but the fact remains that to me their aren't really any other characters in that show that are interesting. The action starts out good since its about tac tics but it evolves to who can destroy the biggest area with their over the top fight.
    But thats were it ends for me I find that the series is done, the series is the same old shounen show about teenagers trying to because strong fighters were the main character is your typical ADH driven cid who wants to make friends and has little to no negatives which makes him unrealistic, which is alright and all but its done. An the setting isn't really interesting and as far as ideas their aren't really any, a series with fantastic ideas and is part of the shounen genre is Hunter x Hunter 2011 and even then their are other series that succeed as well infinite ryvius is a series with concrete writing being driven and psycho pass is another fantastic series that deals with ideas outside of the realm of human emotion.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that he is a well written character and we as the audience like him because in a way we are like the side characters in that show, but the fact remains that to me their aren't really any other characters in that show that are interesting. The action starts out good since its about tac tics but it evolves to who can destroy the biggest area with their over the top fight.
    But thats were it ends for me I find that the series is done, the series is the same old shounen show about teenagers trying to because strong fighters were the main character is your typical ADH driven cid who wants to make friends and has little to no negatives which makes him unrealistic, which is alright and all but its done. An the setting isn't really interesting and as far as ideas their aren't really any, a series with fantastic ideas and is part of the shounen genre is Hunter x Hunter 2011 and even then their are other series that succeed as well infinite ryvius is a series with concrete writing being driven and psycho pass is another fantastic series that deals with ideas outside of the realm of human emotion.
    I agree that the fighting became a bit absurd but if you think about it, it was only the minority of characters that were that strong. And the thing with Naruto is he definitely isn't perfect. Besides, it was one of the original shounen anyway so as a character I don't find him cliche. One thing they could have improved on is the general overall setting, it was good but far from perfect. Sometimes it feels like the MC's should have been killed but were saved through the plot.

ReputationRep:
    Besides, it was one of the original shounen anyway...
    Shounen anime goes back to the 1960s, Astroboy and Cyborg 009 and the like are the 'original shounen'. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Shounen anime goes back to the 1960s, Astroboy and Cyborg 009 and the like are the 'original shounen'. :p:
    Sssssh you get the jist of what I'm saying.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.