Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdiamond97)
    It's going better than I thought it would actually, I had such low expectations tbh. The problem is that most of the people I talked to is doing politics at uni park and so it's gonna be harder to spend time with them this week as they'd be over there quite often
    Ah okay. That kinda sucks, but this week's mostly introductory so it's not like it's 9 to 5.

ReputationRep:
    I too don't feel like I've bonded with anyone yet. I made an effort and went out a few times during freshers and have spoken to a few people on my course, but still haven't got a friend/friends that I can meet up with to go classes together and stuff. I'm trying to stay positive though since it hasn't even been 2 weeks and societies haven't officially started yet at my uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steampunk_Kitty)
    Ah okay. That kinda sucks, but this week's mostly introductory so it's not like it's 9 to 5.
    That's true, there has been a few nights where I've been out with them so it's not too bad. How is it going with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdiamond97)
    That's true, there has been a few nights where I've been out with them so it's not too bad. How is it going with you?
    A lot better. I found and hung out a bit with a friend of mine from my school, and I met and talked to a girl who's on the same course as me. We're going to one of the freshers events tonight (not a party/club), so things are looking up .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steampunk_Kitty)
    A lot better. I found and hung out a bit with a friend of mine from my school, and I met and talked to a girl who's on the same course as me. We're going to one of the freshers events tonight (not a party/club), so things are looking up .
    Oh that's good to hear! I'm not really a partyer either, I'm going to **** me it's freshers tonight and I've already feel like I've been out too much even though it's only my second night out haha.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm a second year student at Staffordshire university and I just thought I'd explain a little about how I got through being an introvert and how I still deal with it.

When I started I went clubbing twice in the first week and hated it on both occasions but try to remember that it is not something that you have to do because it isn't for everyone. It took me a while longer to make friends than some other people but eventually I started to get to know my flat mates, and people from work and people from my course. The people on your course are perhaps the best people to start with becuase they will have similar interests to you if you both enjoy the same course.

Also I started being proactive in inviting people over to my flat, going to clubs and societies even though being an introvert I preferred to stay at home. Find what works for you, if you can't or don't want to do nightclubs and drinking then would you prefer to go out for a meal with people or have them to your flat.

If you decide to join a club or society then join one that you are really passionate about because it gives you a topic you can discuss with the other people there if you are stuck for conversations.

Other than that just try to meet people when you can by just saying hi by dot beat yourself up if you don't make friends in the first few weeks, it can take longer than that. Do things you want to do and enjoy doing and that helps getting you through.

I hope this has helped a little. Staffs uni has a student blog site which has a some students (including me) who talk about their experiences and tries to give some advice about pretty much every topic going. Here is the link if you want to check it out. http://blogs.staffs.ac.uk/student-blogs/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.