Is it true you used to be able to downvote posts on TSR?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Surprised this thread hasnt been removed ;P

ReputationRep:
    The good ol' days.

Whereas once a pointless and useless thread would be negged into oblivion, they're now kept alive far longer than they should be by multiple people actively engaging with the troll who created it.

ReputationRep:
    yes and a user called 'Al-Mudaari' accumulated most of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisN)
    It wasn't a downvote. It was neg rep. An easy way to say 'I don't like you/what you say' with no accountability. If you don't like what someone says then it's easy enough to use words still, but at least you have to express your opinion
    If you like words so much how come you got rid of neg rep comments before you got rid of neg rep????

Sounds like you had your feelings hurt by one of my classic critiques of one of your posts tbh mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    If you like words so much how come you got rid of neg rep comments before you got rid of neg rep????

I mean, if anything, isn't leaving people to express themselves with words a lot worse than just letting them press a button and move on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Indeed. One user once got about 350 thumbs down on a single post

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wasn't this that Oxford thread? :toofunny: Ah, the ISA days too… :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    I mean, if anything, isn't leaving people to express themselves with words a lot worse than just letting them press a button and move on?
    It also discriminates against people who can't read.

Everyone should be entitled to my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Also, you can debate this but I highly doubt negs will ever return, so you guys are wasting your breath.

Yeah, I know you'd neg me for this if you could, I'd neg me too. But that's not the point. We have to move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    It also discriminates against people who can't read.

Everyone should be entitled to my opinion.
    I won't stand for discrimination Smash, don't speak of it again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Also, you can debate this but I highly doubt negs will ever return, so you guys are wasting your breath.

Yeah, I know you'd neg me for this if you could, I'd neg me too. But that's not the point. We have to move on.
    We know it's not coming back, we just want someone to admit they were wrong. We're getting close, I can tell.

ReputationRep:

they do say that in the old days TSR was a sea of red; the howls of the trolls would chill the marrow of honest posters.

arrrrgh.

:captain:*

ReputationRep:
    It was a very funny post... she had a blunt (some would say brutal) writing style that was unintentionally extremely amusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    they do say that in the old days TSR was a sea of red; the howls of the trolls would chill the marrow of honest posters.

arrrrgh.

:captain:*
    Ohhh aahhrrrr.

Them tharr trolls was much afear'd o' the red ink. :yep: :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Bring these back because we need to know who the trolls are.

ReputationRep:
    The ISA post that got 728 negs.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post29244508

Interestingly, the guy she was being so hard on did eventually go to Cambridge.

ReputationRep:

Yeah we know. The ChrisN guy who's commenting is the owner of TSR so if he's against neg rep we know it isn't making a comeback 😢

ReputationRep:
    yeh a few years back you could do this which was really quite entertaining

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    :toofunny:

Maybe it we're thinking of the same post, but maybe it acquired more after I stopped looking (I was talking about an ISA post too :ninja: )
    Tbf she made so many threads on that subject that we may actually be talking about different ones.

And that's not even getting into her sexual mermaid theory etc :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)

....and by the looks of things, she went to Durham??!?!Who is this fabulously mad person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)

Whose ISA?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.