why do people dislike clubbing?

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    what is there not to like about dancing with friends to good music til the early hours of the morning??? i don't get it
    What if I don't like dancing?
    What if I don't like dancing with friends?
    What if the music isn't good? By my tastes the music in most clubs is terrible
    What if I don't like being up until the early hours of the morning?

That to name just a few. For me personally it's a combination of the above and the fact there's nothing to gain. If I don't find it fun then there's absolutely no benefit to spending the money and going out. I'd much rather catch up with friends somewhere we can chat, somewhere I can hear them, doing something we enjoy, and so on.

I personally hate it for the noise levels make it so damn uncomfortable and makes it hard to communicate..and the claustrophobic tendency of being crammed onto a platform or floor that is sticky and smelly. Not to mention the expense of drinks..namely bottled water. I'm aware of how old I sound but its not fun..and never has been. I'll keep to bars and pubs where noise levels are tolerable and people aren't all that bad. Dancing is optional and reasonable enough to get into without a top dollar to spend and queues to for getting in.

ReputationRep:
    I personally rather spend my night somewhere quiet and comfortable. Clubbing isn't the only way to have fun

ReputationRep:
    Clubs are great, but the people in them are not. 1:30am onwards becomes a chore trying to fight off people with 0 concept of personal space, so I can see why people can get tired of that real quick

ReputationRep:
    i can understand if people don't like to drink, whether it be a religious reason; health anxiety; expensiveness of alcohol; bad taste, etc. but why are there people who don't like clubbing? what is there not to like about dancing with friends to good music til the early hours of the morning??? i don't get it
    I dislike dancing, most people like drinking on a night out, I dislike the music and hate the loud noise. I prefer staying in, simple as.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just awkward. Awkward socially and on the dance floor. I don't mind a drink tho, just not too much. I hate loud music as well. If I have to listen to it for hours on end I think my ears will bleed and my heart will come out of my chest.

ReputationRep:
    o.o

forgot i'm asking this to a bunch of people on TSR what do you guys do at freshers, then?
    There is plenty of stuff to do at fresher's besides drinking and clubbing. I see you're not ignorant towards the fact that people don't go because of the bad taste of alcohol or religion but why are you unable to recognise that people can't go because they don't enjoy dancing? It's the same line of argument. Some people prefer to hear their friends and don't like being in a stuffy crowd full of sweaty and tipsy people. Not an unusual thing to find uncomfortable in my opinion. It's OK to club and it's OK not to club. No need to judge people over it because you will just get judgement back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow tsr is boring. When I was in freshers 3 weeks ago, me and my new flatmates who had only just met went out into town shopping, cinema, restaurants, cafes, museums, then in evenings we got turnt up. I also love a quiet night in.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    When I'm hungover af

ReputationRep:
    Cuz, raging introverts will be raging introverts

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I could also ask you why you don't like things that I like, like snooker, 90s wrestling or fisting.

Joke aside, it is just a past-time that not everyone's going to enjoy. I used to love it when I was a bit younger, but I'm in my mid 20s now and I'm so over it. Most things get boring if you do them too much. Haven't been clubbing for about a year, don't ever plan on going again.

ReputationRep:
    clubbings alright but pretty overrated. much better to go on a barcrawl and then somewhere like bierkeller where you can stand on tables drinking steins and sing lol. that or having a few pints and games of pool at pub. heck, ive developed a liking for cocktails now too as its 2-4-1 with a card and there a good strength

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    clubbings alright but pretty overrated. much better to go on a barcrawl and then somewhere like bierkeller where you can stand on tables drinking steins and sing lol. that or having a few pints and games of pool at pub. heck, ive developed a liking for cocktails now too as its 2-4-1 with a card and there a good strength
    bierkellers great on st paddys day.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people not like clubbing?

Well apart from being shait I cannot think for no other reason.

ReputationRep:
    Clubbing is crap and so overated I just go there to get laid lol :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    bait

(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    I personally rather spend my night somewhere quiet and comfortable. Clubbing isn't the only way to have fun
    A good show or movie, popcorn, drinks, fireplace on, or watching sunset..and blanket on my lap sounds about right..clubbing bah..

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I could also ask you why you don't like things that I like, like snooker, 90s wrestling or fisting.

Joke aside, it is just a past-time that not everyone's going to enjoy. I used to love it when I was a bit younger, but I'm in my mid 20s now and I'm so over it. Most things get boring if you do them too much. Haven't been clubbing for about a year, don't ever plan on going again.
    We also have other reasons too..rugby watching, tennis and swimming, alas my body aka my bones/joints go out more than I do, haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i can understand if people don't like to drink, whether it be a religious reason; health anxiety; expensiveness of alcohol; bad taste, etc. but why are there people who don't like clubbing? what is there not to like about dancing with friends to good music til the early hours of the morning??? i don't get it
    You can even go alone you know?

ReputationRep:
    I find it funny how some guys have no rhythm what so ever - totally out of sync with the beat/music.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone on MDMA can dance

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Articles:

Freshers guidePreparing for universityGuide to Freshers' WeekCity and nightlife guidesAlcohol guide for freshersStaying safe at uniBudgeting and financeStudent foodTravel and getting aroundUniversity study tipsHow to write your dissertation in just four weeksA week in the life of a uni student

Sponsored features:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Canterbury Christ Church University logo

Canterbury Christ Church University

Discover more about this community-focused university

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick link:

Unanswered uni life threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.