Liverpool Medicine A100 2017 entry applicants

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    would a GCSE score of 16 be ok?

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 6A*s 4As
    AS: AABB
    Predicted: A*A*A
    UKCAT: 637 Band 2

Should I apply?
    Do they use the UKCAT as a cut off point and anyone that meets the cut off progresses to the next stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any grads applying to the 5 year course?

ReputationRep:
    Is it a nice university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipanda99)

Should I apply?
    Do they use the UKCAT as a cut off point and anyone that meets the cut off progresses to the next stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey I'm a reapplicant with almost identical stats to you.
    GCSE: 6A*s 5As
    A-levels: AAAb
    UKCAT: 637 average SJT Band 2
    Where will you be applying? I'm thinking UEA, Liverpool, Aberdeen and Bristol, but I'm undecided on Leicester due to their cut off score?
    In terms of what Liverpool said about a 'competitive' ukcat score, I think we should be fine and it all depends on our PS from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noctisff)
    Hey I'm a reapplicant with almost identical stats to you.
    GCSE: 6A*s 5As
    A-levels: AAAb
    UKCAT: 637 average SJT Band 2
    Where will you be applying? I'm thinking UEA, Liverpool, Aberdeen and Bristol, but I'm undecided on Leicester due to their cut off score?
    In terms of what Liverpool said about a 'competitive' ukcat score, I think we should be fine and it all depends on our PS from there.
    I'll PM you, just to not steer this thread away from its purpose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipanda99)

Should I apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When i rang up admissions they said their cut off would be between 1770 and 1870 for this year subject to change. You have full points for GCSE's good predictions and a suitable UKCAT with a strong personal statement you'd have a good chance of interview.

I'm applying too with GCSE's: 4A*7A
    AS: AAAA
    Predicted A*A*A*A*
    UKCAT: not done yet

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 10A*s 1A
    Predicted: A*AAA
    UKCAT: 640 :/ band 2 sjt

My ukcat isn't too good so is it worth replying?
    Is the course majority PBL?
    Is there opportunities to do a placement abroad?
    Do they mind if you resit AS/A2 modules?

Or if anyone can suggest any other unis that might suit my strengths it would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Would 3 days in a hospice, 1 day in a GP , 6 weeks doing medical research and 1 year tutoring maths be enough WE/ voluntary for Liverpool? I'm trying to get some weekly volunteering in a hospital, but this wouldn't start until after the UCAS deadline! I'm worried my personal statement wouldn't sound good enough due to lack of medical volunteering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emelinaw)
    Would 3 days in a hospice, 1 day in a GP , 6 weeks doing medical research and 1 year tutoring maths be enough WE/ voluntary for Liverpool? I'm trying to get some weekly volunteering in a hospital, but this wouldn't start until after the UCAS deadline! I'm worried my personal statement wouldn't sound good enough due to lack of medical volunteering
    Are you a gap year applicant? I think you can include what you plan to do on your PS. As long as if you can talk about what you learnt from your experiences those should be fine

ReputationRep:
    No I'm year 13. I can expand a lot on what I've done, I'm just worried that they might ask why I haven't done more, particularly medical volunteering! My hospital is really unorganised, so aren't getting back to me very quick, plus they only accept 17+ and I have a fairly late birthday
    (Original post by noctisff)
    Are you a gap year applicant? I think you can include what you plan to do on your PS. As long as if you can talk about what you learnt from your experiences those should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mf98)

Or if anyone can suggest any other unis that might suit my strengths it would be appreciated
    You're fine for Liverpool. We are very similar: 8A*s 2As at GCSE and 630 Band 2 UKCAT.

I'm thinking of applying to to Keele, Leicester/Liverpool, Birmingham and Cardiff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mf98)

Birmingham would definetly interview you, i applied last year with 8A* And 2As, ukcat was 607.5 and I had the same predictions as you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aRandomGuy)
    You're fine for Liverpool. We are very similar: 8A*s 2As at GCSE and 630 Band 2 UKCAT.

I'm thinking of applying to to Keele, Leicester/Liverpool, Birmingham and Cardiff
    Hey! We have the exact same stats I also got 630 and band 2, I was going to go for Leicester too but when I calculated my score it was only 40.9/48 and that's below last year's cut off. I'm sure yours would be the same because we have the same stats. Just calculate it again to double check because I might be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 6A* 5A
    Achieved: A*A*Ac
    UKCAT: 640 and band 2

Do they mind if you resit As modules/do I have to mention it in my ps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batool1997)
    Hey! We have the exact same stats I also got 630 and band 2, I was going to go for Leicester too but when I calculated my score it was only 40.9/48 and that's below last year's cut off. I'm sure yours would be the same because we have the same stats. Just calculate it again to double check because I might be wrong.
    Wait what? I calculated 42.5/48.
    http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/med...-document-2017

UKCAT score gives us 1890 total which gives us 18.5/24
    My best 8 GCSEs were Double Science (A*A*), Maths (A*), English Language (A*), English Literature (A*), French (A*), German (A*), Art (A*), giving me 24/24
    24 + 18.5 = 42.5/48

I think our scores are different since we probably have a different set of best 8 GCSEs. Also, I don't think Leicester award 0.9 of a score its either (X).0 or (X).5

PM me if you're still confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aRandomGuy)
    Wait what? I calculated 42.5/48.
    http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/med...-document-2017

UKCAT score gives us 1890 total which gives us 18.5/24
    My best 8 GCSEs were Double Science (A*A*), Maths (A*), English Language (A*), English Literature (A*), French (A*), German (A*), Art (A*), giving me 24/24
    24 + 18.5 = 42.5/48

I think our scores are different since we probably have a different set of best 8 GCSEs. Also, I don't think Leicester award 0.9 of a score its either (X).0 or (X).5

PM me if you're still confused
    Ohh I see, that makes so much sense! sorry about the confusion are you sure? Because I've been reading stuff on tsr and there are people with scores with 0.1 or more. Anyway, lol your score is quite competitive so you'd be guaranteed an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ib_hopeful)
    Is it a nice university?
    It is an amazing university in an even better city. I've been here 3 years and and reluctant to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawini)
    When i rang up admissions they said their cut off would be between 1770 and 1870 for this year subject to change. You have full points for GCSE's good predictions and a suitable UKCAT with a strong personal statement you'd have a good chance of interview.

I'm applying too with GCSE's: 4A*7A
    Predicted A*A*A*A*
    UKCAT: not done yet
    Thanks,
    Good Luck with the UKCAT!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batool1997)
    Ohh I see, that makes so much sense! sorry about the confusion are you sure? Because I've been reading stuff on tsr and there are people with scores with 0.1 or more. Anyway, lol your score is quite competitive so you'd be guaranteed an interview
    Thanks but nothing is ever guaranteed

I'm quite sure - I called the uni to check whether the offer 0.1 or 0.9 etc, and they said its only 0.0 or 0.5.

What's your final score? and what other unis are you applying to?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.