Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Clive Lewis to succeed Corbyn, and be Britains first black PM? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Not until you point out which outcomes and policies specifically are essential to implement via 'electable' Labour
    In other words, you're changing the subject to something we weren't discussing so you can avoid having to actually substantiate your claim. You don't even seem embarrassed to be so blatantly and crudely manipulative and dishonest. The fact that you can't even pull together a few names to justify your accusation demonstrates just how insubstantial and superficial you are.

My intuition was to stop interacting with you because I got the sense that you were a shallow and frivolous person, but I was silly enough to allow myself to get pulled back into a conversation. I won't make that mistake again. We're done.

ReputationRep:
    Hitchens isn't respected by establishment, obviously. Why would he be, he disgagrees with them about so much- doesn't mean he can't be right or that it is an 'affectation'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    In other words, you're changing the subject to something we weren't discussing so you can avoid having to actually substantiate your claim. You don't even seem embarrassed to be so blatantly and crudely manipulative and dishonest. The fact that you can't even pull together a few names to justify your accusation demonstrates just how insubstantial and superficial you are.

My intuition was to stop interacting with you because I got that sense, but I was silly enough to allow myself to get pulled back into a conversation. I won't make that mistake again. We're done.
    Oh come off it. More Orwellian projection. You're being dishonest. You've refused my question multiple times and you accuse me of evasion. That is Orwellian

We would be equal to answer each of our questions. This would be obvious to anyone reading this debate, and that the above is hypocrisy. You are a master of spin.

How about this then, and time scale and age doesn't have to matter, it's where they on on the spectrum.

Anna Soubry. Tristram Hunt. Blair. Chuka Ummuna. Justine Greening. Heidi Allen, Liz Kendall. Nicky Morgan, Liz Truss. Sajid Javid. Wes Streeting. How's that? Even May and Alan Johnson as home secretaries were only that different by social class. Jeremy Hunt.(Blair did start the marketization of the NHS) Peter Mandelson. Margaret Beckett. Geoff Hoon. Hillary Benn. Chris Bryant. Matt Hancock. Stephen Crabb. maybe Michael Fallon?

I could add more that would be similar on ideas but where the class and regional element would get in the way, however if it was a new party- it would be free of that baggage and those preconceptions.

ReputationRep:
    He's black??? He looks mixed race to me.

ReputationRep:
    'Something we weren't discussing'- because you wouldn't answer, and then spun and said I was evasive. Now I've given you an answer.

Answer mine, I want substantive specific reasons to vote for your vision of Labour, and the importance of them being in, 97 government and in the future.

If I have them, I will.

ReputationRep:
    Replies please and then that's it...I do have a life to live, one that doesn't involve throwing bricks through women's windows, oddly enough.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I want to like him I just find him creepy I KNOW not a legitimate reason but then again what kind off electorate are we talking about here... I doubt they'll judge him by much beyond these kinds of evaluations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    Absolutely. The Canary's audience has this kind of childish, embittered, paranoid, angry mindset that is almost pitiful; they get extremely upset when a media outlet reports something that is unfavourable to Corbyn (and I'm not talking about a biased article or attack, merely reporting something Corbyn did that would cause people to think less of him), and they need a publication that will soothe their feelings and appeal to their angry prejudices.

This article attacking Owen Smith is an excellent example of just how awful a publication it is.

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/09/22/m...iths-campaign/

The first paragraph says, "Owen Smith has been accused of corruption" and the word accused is hyperlinked to a tweet from George Galloway. The rest of an article is an incredibly flimsy conspiracy theory that points out Gloria de Piero, who supports Owen Smith (as did pretty much the entire PLP) received a donation from the polling company Survation, and Survation was also engaged by the Smith campaign to help run phone banks. And did I mention that Gloria de Piero supports Owen Smith? Obviously completely corrupt.

In the childish world of The Canary and Corbynites, merely pointing out that two people or companies have a connection immediately becomes a conspiracy. "Because, don't you see, I proved they are linked!!".

I would call it yellow journalism but that would be an insult to yellow journalism. It's simply a propaganda rag that makes its money appealing to a particularly immature and emotionally sensitive audience.
    And this too popped up in my FB feed:

*http://www.thecanary.co/2016/09/21/p...legiances-lie/

How much of a blithering moron do you have to be to be a fan of this publication?*

ReputationRep:
    He has also served in the army and has less problematic foreign policy ideals as a lot on the left.

ReputationRep:
    The whole policy outcome difference issue, not to mention that of the lack of real democracy, in the 'electable' format of Labour causes it's advocates considerable cognitive dissonance. This is what a lot of the anger and spite is about, because they want to believe they are much more substantive and serious, principled people than others, and this is a noble cause. I think they just loathe anyone who raises the obvious here.

ReputationRep:
    no black pm for at least another 100 years mate

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.