Unilever Future Leaders Programme Online Games - WTF?????

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sajerz)
    They give you a scenario with a problem that reflects the actual job you are applying to do. Therefore they are trying to determine whether you would be competent in that role.
    oh i see! Did you think the scenarios were hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21123)
    oh i see! Did you think the scenarios were hard?
    Not overly hard but I did struggle and get flustered on the last one. A combination of it being tricky and the fact I didn't want to miss my train to the pub XD

ReputationRep:
    Not overly hard but I did struggle and get flustered on the last one. A combination of it being tricky and the fact I didn't want to miss my train to the pub XD
    Lol a drink can't be missed! Do you have any tips/hints what to revise/look over? Or something you missed but wish someone told you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21123)
    Lol a drink can't be missed! Do you have any tips/hints what to revise/look over? Or something you missed but wish someone told you?
    Not really, other than research the company. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys. just finished my online tests waiting back for news XD. some went better than others. what did everyone do for the card game and easy or hard those 2 i couldnt tell

ReputationRep:
    Failed the interview!! Definitely was hard! And definitely the business scenario - quite tricky and got flustered too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21123)
    Failed the interview!! Definitely was hard! And definitely the business scenario - quite tricky and got flustered too!
    How do you know you've failed? They haven't sent out any rejection emails yet since the video interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mushpantsbc)
    How do you know you've failed? They haven't sent out any rejection emails yet since the video interviews?
    yeah, but you can definitely tell! I think I was quite nervous and didn't really know how to adapt my answers at all! Plus found my business scenario very difficult

ReputationRep:
    Hey, if you manage to get through to the video interview, do you immediately get allocated a day/ time slot or can you choose? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluelou)
    Hey, if you manage to get through to the video interview, do you immediately get allocated a day/ time slot or can you choose? thanks!
    It's a recorded interview, not with a real person. You can record your answers to video questions at any time within 7 days of getting the email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou_100)
    It's a recorded interview, not with a real person. You can record your answers to video questions at any time within 7 days of getting the email
    Thank you! How long did it take for you to find out the results to your online games test? I'm worried that I've completed mine but haven't had any emails since, I thought it would automatically tell us whether we matched and were through or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluelou)
    Thank you! How long did it take for you to find out the results to your online games test? I'm worried that I've completed mine but haven't had any emails since, I thought it would automatically tell us whether we matched and were through or not!
    (Editing because I just checked my emails to find out for sure....)

I did them Saturday afternoon and got the email 5am Sunday morning

ReputationRep:
    I have just completed the online tests and was invited to do the video interview and tips on how do well?

ReputationRep:
    just did the tests too, they are great! nice to have something different compare to the regular grad scheme tests imo

Don't think i passed but we will see

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an email saying they've passed the video interview? I did mine 12 days ago now and I dont know whether I passed or failed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    I have just completed the online tests and was invited to do the video interview and tips on how do well?
    Its hypothetical-based... You are completing task X and encounter problem Y, what do you do? Who does this impact and to what extent? Why do you do this? Etc. If you know your business area well and have the sense to see the bigger picture I imagine youd do fine!

ReputationRep:
    I did the online games about a month ago and have yet to hear back. Has anyone else waited this long??

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting 3 weeks to hear from my interview now when beforehand I was receiving responses within a day or two. Weird. Seems like nobody has heard anything in quite a while. I know Unilever are having some issues but I didn't expect it would involve the recruitment team haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NicoleNm)
    Has anyone received an email saying they've passed the video interview? I did mine 12 days ago now and I dont know whether I passed or failed it
    Did mine 22 days ago and yet to year

ReputationRep:
    Hi, for the video interview, do they ask questions like why you want to work for Unilever?, why you chose the specific programme etc or is it the 3 competency based questions and the business case?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.