Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Women do not know how to choose good partners, arrage marriages are not bas

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagnetoWasRight)
    Getting to know someone within the context of a relationship, is totally different to having a few supervised meets where you talk a bit about your goals, past and see if you think they're goodlooking.
    Are you a Muslim? I don't believe that you get to know someone only if you are in a relationship with them. I believe you can still, without being in one. Hence, there are arranged marriages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Are you a Muslim? I don't believe that you get to know someone only if you are in a relationship with them. I believe you can still, without being in one. Hence, there are arranged marriages.
    Nope, but I'm open minded rather than believing Islam is just bad. You can't say that unless you have been in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    thanks for the answers - found them genuinely helpful
    and nevermind, i already understood the last question - both parties have to agree (in a best case scenario i suppose, right?)
    No problem. Yes ofcourse both parties must agree, it can't be forced.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, but I'm open minded rather than believing Islam is just bad. You can't say that unless you have been in a relation.
    Oh ok that is fine nice to know. Yes I know I can't but I am just saying that you can without fully being in a relationship too...it is possible.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, but I'm open minded rather than believing Islam is just bad. You can't say that unless you have been in a relationship.
    I like your views, based on this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paniniception)
    I like your views, based on this
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I know myself better than my parents. They wouldn't know who is 'right' for me.
    Look st the divorce rates, 79 percent initiated by women. The amount of father a abandoning their children. Nice guys finish last.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahsez)
    Look st the divorce rates, 79 percent initiated by women. The amount of father a abandoning their children. Nice guys finish last.
    How do arranged marriages help reduce this?

ReputationRep:
    What makes so called badboys bad partners?

I agree that abuse and infidelity is awful, but ignoring that, fun exciting men who bring the woman happiness are far better than monotony and safety.
    It's very rare that a relationship with the bad boys last, that's why theyre bad boys. They are more likely to cheat, get locked up or be controlling.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so obsessed with me?

ReputationRep:
    It's very rare that a relationship with the bad boys last, that's why theyre bad boys. They are more likely to cheat, get locked up or be controlling.
    As much as I disagree with this, even pretending that it's true, how will your parents know whether or not he's going to be a criminal? Also you're acting as if women actively seek out convicts for marriage. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    While arranged marriages (proper ones) are not bad, and some women do make wrong choices, that doesn't mean women don't know how to choose their partners... That's a huge leap and one that's not true at all.

ReputationRep:
    aaand now let's get down to pointing out the flaws in ur argument lol

believe me, i know a good man when i see him lol.. it's not that complicated rlly

what's wrong with that? usually, the bad boy thing is just a facade. u know how many seemingly innocent men are actually manipulative dicks? and i doubt that anyone is ever looking for drama

because women in arranged marriages don't usually have a say in anything except what they cook for lunch.. and i'm having doubts about that too lol

that's complete and utter bs
    arranged marriages were created to secure the wealth of certain families and secure alliances

there's always something wrong with women isn't it?
    if we marry someone we love, we're stupid
    if we marry sb out of interest, we're gold diggers
    Trigg....

ReputationRep:
    As much as I disagree with this, even pretending that it's true, how will your parents know whether or not he's going to be a criminal? Also you're acting as if women actively seek out convicts for marriage. :rofl:
    You'd be surprised. Think about the amount of serial killers that have received marriage proposals by stupid women, some even actually got married to them. OJ Simpson and Mike Tyson never had any shortage of female attention

Parents will know the guy and his family. They will know his background and make sure he's the right match and a family guy with a good career and no criminal record.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be surprised. Think about the amount of serial killers that have received marriage proposals by stupid women, some even actually got married to them. OJ Simpson and Mike Tyson never had any shortage of female attention

Parents will know the guy and his family. They will know his background and make sure he's the right match and a family guy with a good career and no criminal record.
    MagnetoWasRight
    i can't believe she's quoting mike tyson and oj simpson.....................
    *facepalm*

ReputationRep:
    MagnetoWasRight
    *facepalm*
    It's true.So?

ReputationRep:

A few hundred women out of literally millions wrote love letters to extremely wealthy, famous, sports stars who became criminals. So what?

How will the parents know?

MagnetoWasRight
    *facepalm*
    I'm starting to think this is a guy after these last few comments.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so obsessed with me?
    i'm not obsessed
    it took me five seconds to look that stuff up
    it seems like you're obsessed (and bitter too), since ur bringing stuff like this up on a student forum

ReputationRep:
    Divorce does not necessarily mean that a father abandons their children. And if women do initiate divorce proceedings, that means that they may not wish to be badly treated any more or they may have irreconcilable differences - any number of justifiable reasons for not remaining within a marriage. And it's better than being a doormat.
    You are making things up to suit your view.

ReputationRep:
    It's true.So?
    anecdotal evidence
    it's a fallacy

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.