depression/anxiety

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm not diagnosed with depression or anxiety but I do tend to feel like that a lot But the stuff that helps me feel a bit better are:
    1. Sleeping
    2. Listening to music
    3. Eating my feelings away

ReputationRep:
    I kind of find working out quite a good distraction and stress relieving
    (Original post by syeds)
    What do you guys do to distract yourself from these emotions? I literally just feel like it's the end of the world as soon as i feel down.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has a way of expressing themselves, try and find yours. Also find someone your comfortable speaking to. It can be anyone x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syeds)
    What do you guys do to distract yourself from these emotions? I literally just feel like it's the end of the world as soon as i feel down.
    Do you have a partner, in a romantic relationship? If not, force yourself to be more social, and try and met someone you can have a deep connection with. Many mental health issues are simply caused by feelings of loneliness and isolation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 303Pharma)
    Do you have a partner, in a romantic relationship? If not, force yourself to be more social, and try and met someone you can have a deep connection with. Many mental health issues are simply caused by feelings of loneliness and isolation.
    i find it hard to step out of my comfort zone, but i want a girlfriend ( not trying to sound desperate) i am quiet and if i'm in a group i just stay quiet, how do i be more social? my friends say just go up to someone and say hi, i find that weird and awkward ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syeds)
    i find it hard to step out of my comfort zone, but i want a girlfriend ( not trying to sound desperate) i am quiet and if i'm in a group i just stay quiet, how do i be more social? my friends say just go up to someone and say hi, i find that weird and awkward ...
    Just remember if you are at uni a lot of people are not local, they're away from home for the fist time in there life, and basically they're scared and overwhelmed by it all. Just approach people and be friendly and sincere. You'll make connections.

I write down my feelings so they are out of my head and to stop myself from thinking about them so much or I listen to music as a last resort I meditate using a app on my phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syeds)
    I struggle a lo with depression and I find my support network (i.e. my group of friends at school, my contacts online, my family, my teachers) are crucial in helping drag me back to reality once I've started dissociating or feeling down. Either they notice and help me, or I find little ways to let them know rather than explicitly saying it because for some reason I don't like talking about it out loud. Find people you can trust and let them help you.

I hope you feel better soon and find a way that helps you best and good luck for the future
    C x

ReputationRep:
    Hearing Songs

ReputationRep:
    I really struggle with depression badly but I find exercise really helps! Why not join a local sports club there are plenty out there. I have also been taking 5-htp which is a natural supplement and has really helped ease my depression especially the anxiety side of things. There are a lot of great companies that do it including holland and barrett, natures aid and brain-feed.com. The latter I have found a 10% discount code for which is recovery8. Hope this helps.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.