Oxford A101(2017 entry)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    same. Are you writing a new one for Oxford? Also one of my references haven't even gotten back to me yet.

2 have sent it. Do you think 2 academic and one personal (manager at care home).
    would be fine?

I am considering writing one with a few slight tweaks but not yet fully decided on that.

My references have all been sent altough I haven't submitted my application yet :/

2 academic and 1 personal is absolutely fine so dw about it. You ought to chase up on the final reference quite quickly because the deadline is only a few days away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsar101)
    I am considering writing one with a few slight tweaks but not yet fully decided on that.

My references have all been sent altough I haven't submitted my application yet :/

2 academic and 1 personal is absolutely fine so dw about it. You ought to chase up on the final reference quite quickly because the deadline is only a few days away.
    yeh my 3rd was academic from my undergrad, but he hasn't seemed to respond haha. my personal reference said he can send it asap. i will ring oxford tomo to see if a personal one is fine. were all of yours academic?

ReputationRep:
    yeh my 3rd was academic from my undergrad, but he hasn't seemed to respond haha. my personal reference said he can send it asap. i will ring oxford tomo to see if a personal one is fine. were all of yours academic?
    Yep, all of them were from lecturers.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, have any of you received confirmation of receipt of attachments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewVivacity)
    Hi guys, have any of you received confirmation of receipt of attachments?
    Yeah, I received 2 acknowledgements from Oxford(1 for UCAS and the other for the supplementary form with attachements). Funnily, the receipt for the supplementary form was in red .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I received 2 acknowledgements from Oxford(1 for UCAS and the other for the supplementary form with attachements). Funnily, the receipt for the supplementary form was in red .
    Ah yeah, I just got mine yesterday too! The red is rather scary haha! Fingers crossed for the BMAT now!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone. I was considering applying to Oxford A101 until recently my lecturer has tried to dissuade me I am studying at a non-russell group institution and everyone from my course that has applied to Oxford before has never got an interview.
    He believes they had a stronger profile than me and that Oxford may say they have a 'lower' criteria but that they internally set the bar really high.What are your thoughts on this, everyone?
    Bump. Do you think this is the case? I've applied with a 1st in physics, but I am from a non-"russel group" university (I actually rejected those). I am debating whether or not to even sit the BMAT as it's going to set me back £150...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuclearphysics16)
    Bump. Do you think this is the case? I've applied with a 1st in physics, but I am from a non-"russel group" university (I actually rejected those). I am debating whether or not to even sit the BMAT as it's going to set me back £150...
    haven't you paid for the bmat?
    can u still register?!!!

ReputationRep:
    haven't you paid for the bmat?
    can u still register?!!!
    Of course ive paid, but i have to spend 90 quid for the train journey.

ReputationRep:
    Of course ive paid, but i have to spend 90 quid for the train journey.
    ah so..you may not go to the exam?

ReputationRep:
    ah so..you may not go to the exam?
    Why do you want to know?

I'm not sure at the moment. Considering over 2000 people apply to the the course I will probably be rejected anyway, even with a first. I've seen good universities in Europe which makes me think why bother with the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to know?

I'm not sure at the moment. Considering over 2000 people apply to the the course I will probably be rejected anyway, even with a first. I've seen good universities in Europe which makes me think why bother with the UK?
    i was only asking cause i feel the same way...
    I'm finding the bmat very hard! and regret applying to oxford...i wish i made good use of my ukcat score.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to know?

Over 2000 people don't apply, that stat is a little large!

ReputationRep:
    Over 2000 people don't apply, that stat is a little large!
    How many do apply?

Just wondering what my chances actually are.

ReputationRep:
    How many do apply?

think its a bout 400?

ReputationRep:
    How many do apply?

Yep, it's what LostPerson said. It ranges from 260-390ish

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone finding section 1 of the BMAT? My scores vary from 4s to 6s...................and it's tomorrow!

Good Luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it's what LostPerson said. It ranges from 260-390ish
    How many get offers?

How much work exp or grades do they look for?

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone finding section 1 of the BMAT? My scores vary from 4s to 6s...................and it's tomorrow!

Good Luck everyone
    I'm finding section 2 tougher tbh! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding section 2 tougher tbh! Good luck!
    Good Luck to you too

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.