What degree do you think is the most demanding?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature?
    I misunderstood the question lol.. I thought you were asking me about the university I was going to
    wanna go pm, we're derailing this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    Trust me, my C in GCSE English language says it all lol. What a level subjects have done/are you doing?
    maths further maths physics, dropped Chem after doing it at AS

ReputationRep:
    History

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Implication)
    for who
    Exactly, there is verbal intelligence, musical intelligence, logical intelligence, etc. We all do well in different subjecs and we also have different interests. How intelligent you are but also your level of interest in the degree subject will determine how demanding you'll think the degree is going to be.

Among same or similar degrees, the quality of the university is probably going to determine the rigor of the curriculum and therefore how challenging it will be.

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing my maths degree for like 4 days and I'm already dying of the workload and the complexity of it all.... should've picked a humanity lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    Exactly, there is verbal intelligence, musical intelligence, logical intelligence, etc. We all do well in different subjecs and we also have different interests. How intelligent you are but also your level of interest in the degree subject will determine how demanding you'll think the degree is going to be.

Among same or similar degrees, the quality of the university is probably going to determine the rigor of the curriculum and therefore how challenging it will be.
    what degree do you find the most demanding tho?

ReputationRep:
    Medicine, vet med and engineering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    what degree do you find the most demanding tho?
    Physics, probably. No aptitude for it and no interest in it. Always my most hated subject at school.

(Original post by Yaboi)
    English/History

I struggled hard with Economics because of the written aspects, can't imagine doing an entire course with only written exams.
    english and history? are you out of your mind? they are stupid subjects that have no career path besides academics or do a law conversion. STEM and analytical subjects open a lot of DOORS not analysing why a dead writer wrote what they did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    Physics, probably. No aptitude for it and no interest in it. Always my most hated subject at school.

I feel yaaa
    When I said Economics, I was thinking like, from a rather objective pov, but if I allowed myself to be completely biased, I'd go for CS/Physics too lol

ReputationRep:
    Two sorts of degrees are the toughest:

- ones that require a lot of math
    - ones the require a lot of independent thinking together with tackling incredibly difficult concepts

As such, they are going to lie around the math, physics, engineering, philosophy mark.

Math and philosophy dual degree, followed likely by chemical engineering or electrical engineering, followed by theoretical physics.

You cannot wing philosophy like you can wing politics. Philosophy is really ****ing hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    english and history? are you out of your mind? they are stupid subjects that have no career path besides academics or do a law conversion. STEM and analytical subjects open a lot of DOORS not analysing why a dead writer wrote what they did.
    Ok but I'm talking about what's the hardest to get grades in, must be impossible to get a first in either.

(Original post by Yaboi)
    Ok but I'm talking about what's the hardest to get grades in, must be impossible to get a first in either.
    Engineering, maths and economics are awfully difficult to get a 1st in. There is a reason why top universities require aea or step plus further maths if they want to do a maths degree and maths at a* for economics

I think english is difficult but no way as difficult because you use the same skill you have been doing since gcse but complex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Define 'hard'?
    As a penis in the morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    your ignorance is showing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Define 'hard'?

Difficulty is such a subjective and relativistic term that trying to compare one course against another without any objective empirical measurement will void any statement of fact as simply opinion.

I doubt that Hawking would find a degree in musical performance easy and I doubt that Margaret Atwood would find theoretical physics a breeze.

A degree course can only be judged by the individual against their own ability.
    This.
    And for those saying Law is hard, it's pretty much like any other humanities/arts degree where you have a lecture followed by lots of independent reading and have written coursework and exams. Smh just because a degree is seen as more respectable, it doesn't make it hard, it just makes it more useful for finding a job.

I think degrees in Drama, Art or Music would be hard. Just becuase of the sheer amount of time and effort needed and the fact that it requires your usual memorising facts and writing essays as well as other skills. I did art at A-level and it was the worst.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.