Why do so many people want to get in relationships?

ReputationRep:
    I really really want one because I feel bored without one and as though I am missing half of myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE)
    I really really want one because I feel bored without one and as though I am missing half of myself.
    How can you be missing half of yourself when you are a whole person in and in of yourself? Get comfortable in your own skin before getting into relationship because chances are you will annoy the **** out of your partner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    How can you be missing half of yourself when you are a whole person in and in of yourself? Get comfortable in your own skin before getting into relationship because chances are you will annoy the **** out of your partner.
    One does not annoy when paying high respect to there partner like I. For the tragic path is beyond ones soul as it is nothing more than that of a contempt figure of thought which sends one down a bad path.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllegedLegends)
    I suppose we're different kinds of people. I feel it profoundly. In my own home I find it difficult to sleep because it's so quiet and I know I'm alone. When I visit family I sleep straight away - just because there are other people in the house, watching TV/sleeping.

I can enjoy my own company but I don't like to be 'stuck' in my own company for prolonged periods - which is basically what living alone feels like to me. I can enjoy a good TV Drama for a couple of hours in the evening - or stuff where I'm keeping busy like cooking/laundry. But anything where I start to notice the silence is hard - reading, sleeping, early mornings. The radio is pretty good for company especially first thing in the morning when it's dark and cold - but still, even saying that feels sad to be honest.
    I know this is going to sound so cliche but have you considered using your time to volunteer or getting a second job? It sounds like you're affected quite bad by loneliness and I feel bad for you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    One does not annoy when paying high respect to there partner like I. For the tragic path is beyond ones soul as it is nothing more than that of a contempt figure of thought which sends one down a bad path.
    Okay but getting into a relationship just because you're bored is a bad move, alright? You could end up with the wrong person and that can be bad because they could hurt you quite badly

ReputationRep:
    Okay but getting into a relationship just because you're bored is a bad move, alright? You could end up with the wrong person and that can be bad because they could hurt you quite badly
    You should not judge by looks for they could be deceiving of there reality instead you should approach cautiously and ask a few questions before a date.

ReputationRep:
    You should not judge by looks for they could be deceiving of there reality instead you should approach cautiously and ask a few questions before a date.
    Yeah, thank you, I figured this out already :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    if you watch anime, you'll understand why.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    WHY ARE ANIME GUYS SO BLOODY PERFECT. Stupid Kazehaya and Ren. Lol, I'll never get into a relationship, my standards are now so high, they are orbiting Alpha Centauri

No dw it isnt you. Theres this troll dude who posts his pic everywhere and acts desperate who must have about 20 accounts rn

Well thats understandable then Like I said in the OP its just my own personal preferences and experiences here
    Ah phew!
    Oh wow they seem pretty desperate!

Indeed! Tbh there are lots of other reasons but that's an important one!
    Yeah that's fair enough!
    Just hoping I find her soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Ah phew!
    Oh wow they seem pretty desperate!

Indeed! Tbh there are lots of other reasons but that's an important one!
    Yeah that's fair enough!
    Just hoping I find her soon!
    They're STILL at it :rolleyes:

You will find her at some point, I'm pretty sure. You just need to get your self esteem up enough to actually talk to women

ReputationRep:
    Fwb?
    Don't mind if I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katy-grace)
    That cute, sounds kinda poetic that, could be a hidden talent:clap2:
    I'm a natural born romantic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexFam)
    Don't mind if I do
    Damn you study near me aswell, we probably even could :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I second this so so much.

ReputationRep:
    Damn you study near me aswell, we probably even could :laugh:
    You study near Lancaster? What do you study?

ReputationRep:
    You study near Lancaster? What do you study?
    I study in the same county as Lancaster, not in Lancaster itself though. I used to study Chemistry, just taking a few gap years to get into a better university

ReputationRep:
    This may sound romantic and cute to you, but it's not. It reeks of desperation and a lack of self confidence. You need to be a complete man to find a complete woman. Only then can the relationship be more than whole.

ReputationRep:
    I study in the same county as Lancaster, not in Lancaster itself though. I used to study Chemistry, just taking a few gap years to get into a better university
    Aw, so close yet so far.

What universities were you thinking of? I only know maths and physics, what's Chemistry actually like?

ReputationRep:
    Aw, so close yet so far.

What universities were you thinking of? I only know maths and physics, what's Chemistry actually like?
    It's basically molecular physics with drug making on the side :laugh:

What's physics like?

They're STILL at it :rolleyes:

You will find her at some point, I'm pretty sure. You just need to get your self esteem up enough to actually talk to women
    Jeez hes real desperate!!

I Hope so tbh!
    Well I can talk to girls! I went up to my last irl crush and had a 20 minute convo with her. Hadn't spoken before

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.