White guys, would you date an hijab wearing Muslim girl?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think the Hijab says a few things about your core beliefs and values (unlike race). It would imply that you disagree with drinking alcohol and pre-martial sex. As a (black) guy, I don't claim to speak on behalf of all white guys, but I think those are quite important considerations when it comes to dating, especially in the western world (where white guys predominantly reside).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saba XD)
    Well, I'm engaged so I can't comment on that. Lol. But, yeah, you're correct. I'm a non-hijabi muslim btw.
    I know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saba XD)
    Lol I meant dating, not eating

ReputationRep:
    If I was a Muslim, yes.

But I'm not, so not a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    I know
    Lol most people can't tell if I'm a muslim or not. So, points for you for knowing. :lol:

(Original post by shanktheopps)
    Lol I meant dating, not eating
    :rofl: that cleared up so many things.

ReputationRep:
    Hijabi girls are not allowed to date, especially not none muslims. That being said, it's a well known joke, both within and outside the muslim community that Hijabi girls are often the least well behaved and often doing it simply to please their parents.

You do get a few who claim 'cultural reasons', but any study into North African, Egyptian, Syrian, Turkish and Persian cultures show Hijabs have only become fashionable within such countries in the last 20-30 odd years, with them previously being limited to Arab counties (of which none of the above are Arab). In many such countries they were largely frowned upon even by older generations!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Of course she can go to a pub, she just can't drink alcohol.
    Simply going to establishments where alcohol is served is also technically forbidden.

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOL I doubt they would want to fam
    Spoiler:
    Show
    astaghfirullah!

ReputationRep:
    Would I? Im bare mad for one. Open to offers srs.

(Original post by Drewski)
    Yes. Let's go discuss this at the bar. Oh wait.
    Hi drewski. I was sad enough to create a dating profile for a hijabi and put I don't drink and smoke,got to bars,Muslim etc. Yet I received 100s of emails from white males. I did it on okcupid because people actually read your profile there.

ReputationRep:
    Yes or no ?
    It's the personality and character that counts, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Hi drewski. I was sad enough to create a dating profile for a hijabi and put I don't drink and smoke,got to bars,Muslim etc. Yet I received 100s of emails from white males. I did it on okcupid because people actually read your profile there.
    You've got issues.

ReputationRep:
    If she was happy to date me, and wasn't going to be chastised by her family and community for it, then sure. Teetotalism is a plus in my eyes anyway!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.