Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the minimum amount of sleep you can function on? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    3-4 hours bare minimum to be able function. Really need at least 8hrs quality sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 571122)
    Pardon me? My mixed martial arts teacher is 70, the other is 82 and they are both fit as a bunny; they can sprint like I can, they can do multiple barrel rolls and they can do at least 10 pull-ups. That's what you get when you stay fit, do sports every day and eat right.

The age you are talking about is around 85-86, but yeah, if you live like an unhealthy monster, then by the age of 60 you will have a 94% chance of getting a stroke or your organs will start failing on you.
    with a guy who smokes 5 cigars a day and drink a quarter bottle of scotch (at least) along with the caffeine and the awful diet choices

ReputationRep:
    It depends how you consider function. I went to class yesterday on three hours sleep and unless I was focusing on taking notes I was dead to the world.

Ideally I need a minimum 6 hours, but even then I'll feel really tired. I feel good at 8-9hrs.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    There's no minimum for me. :lol:

In the early hours of the morning I slept for 40 odd mins after 5 days of no sleep :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    2 seconds.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    jk. 5 hours

ReputationRep:
    >10 hours- 80 %
    9-10 hours- 90-100%
    8-9 hours- 80%
    <7 hours - 50%
    3-4 hours- bare minimum sleep to function

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.