Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

A -level students, what extra-curricular activities are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.H.A.N™)
    first year of sixthform.. Nice

is it equivalent to Alevel Maths if not DROP IT. it is going to be a waste of 2 years.. Do Alevel Maths..

I am doing
    Maths
    Further Maths
    Phys
    Chem
    Art
    Haha iv already dropped psychology cos school sed its better to hsve 3 a levels.
    And yes it is a level maths

ReputationRep:
    Bronze + Silver DofE
    Piano (grade 7/8)
    Medics Society
    6 months Library volunteering & planning on starting volunteering somewhere else as well
    Biology Prefect
    Used to be part of netball team (4/5 years)
    Work Experience
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and FM & think that I want to do medicine at uni)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    :erm::erm::erm:

Anyway:
    - Guitar tuition (I'm aiming for Grade 6 in December and I also was in my county training group for 3.5 years and the youth guitar for 0.5 years)
    - I learn Welsh at home
    - I mix music and also make Youtube videos
    - I've done NCS
    - I want to play badminton but have nowhere to do it
    Lol I know this has turned into more of a chat thread. :rolleyes: But it's cool that you're learning a language. Are you self teaching? I want to learn Arabic and Korean but I doubt I'll have much time this year. I also used to make a lot of fanvids on Youtube, but now I just watch edits on Vine. What kind of vids do you make?
    Oh, and maybe you should go to a local sports centre or try and do badminton out of school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Bronze + Silver DofE
    Piano (grade 7/8)
    Medics Society
    6 months Library volunteering & planning on starting volunteering somewhere else as well
    Biology Prefect
    Used to be part of netball team (4/5 years)
    Work Experience
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and FM & think that I want to do medicine at uni)
    A lot of people have done DofE but I've personally never understood the purpose of it or its value? I'm starting to look for volunteering as well and more work experience, preferably in the healthcare industry because I want to do medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turquoise01)
    Lol I know this has turned into more of a chat thread. :rolleyes: But it's cool that you're learning a language. Are you self teaching? I want to learn Arabic and Korean but I doubt I'll have much time this year. I also used to make a lot of fanvids on Youtube, but now I just watch edits on Vine. What kind of vids do you make?
    Oh, and maybe you should go to a local sports centre or try and do badminton out of school.
    Thanks Yeah, I'm learning it through podcasts which help with my speaking and listening at the moment. It's good fun and also quite challenging. You should definitely try to learn them (they sound really interesting) and don't worry if you can't do it that often. It's really good to put in your personal statement

Ooh nice, I make Eurovision and Junior Eurovision videos, nothing too impressive but they're fun to make

Yeah, I'lll definitely have a look

Does being a Dungeon master in D&D count?

ReputationRep:
    I did nothing and still got into a Russell Group. Don't exhaust yourselves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    Thanks Yeah, I'm learning it through podcasts which help with my speaking and listening at the moment. It's good fun and also quite challenging. You should definitely try to learn them (they sound really interesting) and don't worry if you can't do it that often. It's really good to put in your personal statement

Ooh nice, I make Eurovision and Junior Eurovision videos, nothing too impressive but they're fun to make

Yeah, I'lll definitely have a look
    I've already learned the Arabic and Hangul (Korean) alphabet but you need a lot of time to listen audio files, practise pronunciation and memorise words etc. How much time do you spend on learning Welsh, say daily?

Yeah, my personal statement is going to be really boring if I don't start finding new hobbies and activities.

Your videos sound interesting. Why Eurovision, though? I make edits of TV/Movie characters and some band performances, but you're right making them is a great way to pass time.:bebored:

ReputationRep:
    I play games if that counts for anything

ReputationRep:
    I am also in Year 12 and I am trying to use this year to its full potential. Currently, I am taking four A-Levels in the forms of chemistry, biology, maths and physics; however I am strongly considering dropping physics, seeing as three A-Levels are probably stressful enough and I would rather get, for example, A*A*A* than A*AAA or A*A*AA.

With regards to extra curricular activities:
    I have a part-time job at a supermarket; part of a team in the Dragons' Apprentice challenge (similar to Young Enterprise); Silver DofE (almost finished); vice-house captain for one of the four houses in my school; I attend the gym and play football and Extended project qualification.

ReputationRep:
    Sixth Form Ambassador
    Number theory enrichment club
    Work exp (twice)
    A few masterclasses and events
    Learning a language

ReputationRep:
    I mentor younger students in science, volunteer at my swimming club, am starting volunteer at a hospice, take part in running, swimming and cycling clubs\groups and have done w/ex in the hols.

ReputationRep:
    Chinese Club, Sax group, mehhhhh that's about it lol

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I'm not going to any extra curricular activities because they don't really relate to the degree I want to do.

ReputationRep:
    wow so many people listed so many things. i feel like i wanna add a few more stuff now:

was in the school council for 4 years
    volunteered in the library for a few months
    was in the badminton team last year
    was a maths leader in my previous skl

I love the way all of mine r in past tense... sixth form is so busy so i hav no time since my skl is so faraway

ReputationRep:
    Haha all my activities were also done in the past. I'm still continuing with my guitar ensemble though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't do anything extracirricular except go to the law society once in a blue moon.
    I'm also a law prefect and a debating prefect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.H.A.N™)
    Anytime lol

My father and his brother went to Oxford and my Mother went to Cambridge, My sister got rejected from oxford (her results A*A*A*AA) but she goes WarWick. I am aiming for oxford... Economics or Law or even Law & Economics if they offer it, but if they dont Economics.
    Oxford don't offer straight Econ - the only econ options are E&M or PPE
    https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...listing?wssl=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turquoise01)
    I've already learned the Arabic and Hangul (Korean) alphabet but you need a lot of time to listen audio files, practise pronunciation and memorise words etc. How much time do you spend on learning Welsh, say daily?

Yeah, my personal statement is going to be really boring if I don't start finding new hobbies and activities.

Your videos sound interesting. Why Eurovision, though? I make edits of TV/Movie characters and some band performances, but you're right making them is a great way to pass time.:bebored:
    To be really honest, I don't do it every day, but I'm going to try to listen to 2 podcasts a week from now on It does take a while, but you just have to be dedicated to it

Haha thanks, it's because I'm a big Eurovision fan Ooh they sound pretty cool Yeah you're right

ReputationRep:
    I play the violin - Grade 5 but I kinda stopped 😊
    Work experience at pharmacy
    Academic mentor
    Used to be in a netball club
    Planning to do more work experience

I want to do medicine hopefully 😊

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.