Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Only the Daily Mail defends gays from Islamist who calls for gays to executed Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    What's the bet Jeremy Corbyn will invite this man to parliament and call him an "honoured guest" who is "fighting for peace and social justice"? This man sounds like exactly the sort of scumbag Corbyn seems incapable of staying away from.

KimKallstrom
    He probably calls him a great purveyor of social justice. But only if he wants to kill all the Jews*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridocyclitis)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ol-London.html

Interesting that the Guardian has not run this story at all. Where are the opinion pieces in CiF saying this is outrageous? The Independent has but it's nowhere to be seen on the front page of the website (whereas at the time of posting this thread it is a top news story on the Daily Mail website).

Have we really reached the stage where it is up to the Daily Mail of all papers to defend gays from religious extremists who wish them death?
    There's plenty of stories that the daily mail dont run too. It works both ways.

And the Daily Mail is FAR more biased than the guardian
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    He normally goes something like this.

George Galloway is a massive regressive leftists. Therefore we should bomb all the population centres in the middle east.

He's the type of 'lefty' who spends about 95% of his time attacking the left, rather than the tories or the right in general.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    The Guardian doesn't hate gay people, you're right about that. But do you think it's OK to have people write for you who openly despise gay people and support the death penalty for them? Because the Guardian has. As far as I know the DM hasn't.**
    Source for that? The DM might not have supported the death penalty for gay people but they sure as hell are anti gay. Actually I don't have proof of this but I'd wager that at a time when being gay wasn't accepted it's likely that the Guardian would still have been pro gay people and the DM not so... Even then. I mean this is the paper that supported the Nazis who killed gay people just for being gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    This is embarrassing for you. I even posted on this thread again.
    Nice comeback, Myrtle Very substantive, very persuasive.

Your comment doesn't even make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    Nice comeback, Myrtle Very substantive, very persuasive.

Your comment doesn't even make sense.
    On a thread less than one page long when you joined you could have at least taken the time to read the rest of it before you piped up. If you had you would have seen I was not questioning the credibility of the story at all, but the Islamic system by which punishments for homosexuality were made up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.