10.44%
    Yes, I've met one!
    48.26%
    No, I've never met one!
    41.30%

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well do concertscount?

I sort of met this dude who was on downton abbey he was in a production at the globe theatre...let just say i was close enough to touch his foot

ReputationRep:
    David Attenborough :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Well do concertscount?

I sort of met this dude who was on downton abbey he was in a production at the globe theatre...let just say i was close enough to touch his foot
    A dude from some BBC period drama (can't remember which) was sat on a table next to me in a cafe
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I met Thierry Henry at work

He was signing a football before Friday Night Football and I bumped into him. Took a picture as well
    lucky
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I've met Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt at a book signing

Simon Neil from Biffy Clyro and the TV presenter Neil Oliver are both from my hometown and I've seen them a few times and I've seen the cast of Still Game in Glasgow.

Best for last, I got to talk to Damon Albarn after a Gorillaz gig at MEN Arena in 2010 :love:

Omg, I forgot about Edinburgh Fringe Festival! I've lost count how many people I saw there but some notable ones were Jack Whitehall, Dylan Moran, Sean Hughes and the most random of all - the actress who played Stiffler's Mom in American Pie :laugh:
    Words cannot describe how well jel I am right now

I've met David Walliams, the Everton FC team (Ladies and Mens ) :fan: and a couple of actors

(Original post by Fox Corner)
    :excited:

My friends dad was in a famous 90s techno band (10 points if you can guess which one).

Have you ever met a famous person? Maybe you're even related to one!

Brian cox?

ReputationRep:
    this is one of my favourite stories ever, so forgive me if it's long.

my friends dad used to own a fancy restaurant in london. once when I was around 7/8 (ish) he let me and my parents have a meal in the vip section. at some point my parents were suddenly all 'omg!' because some famous guy walked in, but I had no idea who he was so I wasn't fussed. we went over to him and asked if he would sign a napkin. we got to talking and next thing I knew we were sitting having a drink with him. I was young, so I don't remember every detail but he seemed to be a very funny guy who made a lot of hand gestures and funny voices and had me cracking up laughing.

eventually my dad said 'hannah's a big fan of your movies' to which I (in true child fashion) replied that I didn't even know who the guy was. he burst out laughing while my parents tried to apologise on my behalf. now, this part I remember like it was yesterday. he put his hand over my eyes, and said "listen closely, hannah...........ten thousand yeeeeeeeears will give you such a crick in the neck!" to which I shouted, louder than is appropriate in a super posh restaurant, "IT'S THE GENIE!!!!!"

so yeah, that's the time I met robin williams. warms my heart but brings tears to my eyes thinking about it. I wish I could remember it better, though.

other than that, I once saw stephen fry in a pub. people kept going up to him and asking him for pictures and signatures and he looked a bit overwhelmed and stressed out by it all so I just gave him a smile and a nod from across the bar, which he returned.

Steve Bruce, Roberto Mancini

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    awesome!! I'm so jealous

ReputationRep:
    Met Helen Flanagan at a party; got her autograph
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahdm2)

eventually my dad said 'hannah's a big fan of your movies' to which I (in true child fashion) replied that I didn't even know who the guy was. he burst out laughing while my parents tried to apologise on my behalf. now, this part I remember like it was yesterday. he put his hand over my eyes, and said "listen closely, hannah...........ten thousand yeeeeeeeears will give you such a crick in the neck!" to which I shouted, louder than is appropriate in a super posh restaurant, "IT'S THE GENIE!!!!!"

That's adorable!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Neil Oliver
    I sat at a table next to him in Cardiff museum
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    So jelly. He's one of my absolute favourite people. He did a talk at my uni but I couldn't get tickets - they got snapped up in about 1 second even though they gave alumni the chance to get them first

ReputationRep:
    I also once apologised to Tom Hollander for nearly walking into him at Hay festival

ReputationRep:
    Cilla Black was my nan's second cousin.

Also my mum used to knock about with Sonia.

ReputationRep:
    brushed past leona lewis in urban outfitters years ago obviously my all time idol... not

ReputationRep:
    Not met anyone as such.
    Seen a few in person though!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I met Norman Reedus (he's so lovely), and a few other TWD people. I met a bunch of musicians when I was a bit younger and used to go to gigs all the time. I'm good friends with a group of YouTubers as well, though not sure if they really count as famous
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I voted 'Yes, I know one very well'.
    Whilst they're not an international superstar or a well known person, they were a finalist on the X Factor. I talk to Bupsi.

ReputationRep:
    I've met Taylor Swift (although i am pretty sure most people hate her these days) I've been a fan for years and her management chose me and a few other fans to listen to her album 1989 pre release with her. They were called the Secret Sessions. It's a cool story to tell, she was lovely and she knew everybody's names without us having to tell her

ReputationRep:
    i met wretch 32 at his music video filming

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.